Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Does ANYTHING work on saggy wrinkly skin? at wits end :-(
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:39 am      Reply with quote
I started this topic the other day and now its been deleted. Somone kindly left me a message yesterday or today but i am not able to access this now that the post has gone. Ive re copied the post below in the hope for some suggestions to my problem

thanks sallyu

salster68
Preferred Member
enjoys 15% discount
enjoys freebies

Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:20 am Add a Thank You Reply with quoteQuote Report postReport
My skin, the way i look so much older than i am is now really getting me down. so much so that i find everyday hard just to get out of bed and go to work. Weekends I can keep the duvet over my head and dont have to face anyone. Every night i go to bed and think please dont let me wake in the morning. Its getting really bad. Yeah people will say im depressed - Yes I am but only with how i look - old and ugly. It was bad enough going through my early years being ugly - now ive got old to add to that.

Ive been using the BQ for ages now but is it making any difference - no. makes me wonder if ive got a dud one. My eyes look baggy and wrinkly and dark. The lower half of my face is even looking droopy now

Other than cosmetic surgery - because I cant afford that at all - does anything work.

I hope someone can help
x

enjoys 20% discount
enjoys freebies

Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:33 am Add a Thank You Reply with quoteQuote Report postReport
Could I get some approximate idea of your age group, skin type and any products you are currently using.

enjoys 15% discount
enjoys freebies

Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:59 am Add a Thank You Reply with quoteQuote Report postReport
Hi Bushy

I will be 40 next July. Im using vit c serum, JB alpha derma day cream and one for night, decleor dydrating eye cream. I have tried other things like photolagen, cellcosmet eye gel, hydra b5 and some others I can not remember right now. I know im very hard on myself and thats cos ive always considered myself ugly. that bad feeling about myself has doubled since looking old. I suffered from anorexia from my teens up until about 6 / 7 years ago so thats not helped my skin at all. I controlled my body weight cos I couldnt control what my face looked like. I used to use sunbeds and smoke a lot too. Its all my fault that I look older now with all that ive done. Ive been looking at hand held devices for treting my skin with oxygen and stuff but im just not sure where to start with anything. I think I need a complete overhaul and to start afresh with a brand new routine and stick to it. I tend to buy creams and then try another and another and so on. My whole face needs something firming

enjoys 15% discount
enjoys freebies

Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:13 am Add a Thank You Reply with quoteQuote Report postReport
im also wondering about supplements - msm, collegen or ha capsules but again which one????

enjoys 20% discount
enjoys freebies

Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:40 am Add a Thank You Reply with quoteQuote Report postReport
I hope you've started to use sun protection as that should help lessen the risk of future sun damage.

Most of all, though, I think you're probably looking in the mirror and your vision of yourself is skewed so that every imperfection is magnified. (Just about all of us do this, including myself.) You can't see yourself as others do, and it's my bet that, in reality, you look far better than you think you do.

I think you're correct that you've probably choppped and changed routines too much. You should really give most products at least 3 months to see if they're going to work for you. Apart from that, changing so often could be stressing your skin.

Maybe look into copper peptides - but, if you do, be prepared to use them for a long time to get results.

Some kind of firming serum would be good to start using too, perhaps. There's a bit of a scare about DMAE (although I still use it), and products containing Matrixyl can also have a good firming effect.

There are Botox-alternative serums, which don't give the same strength of results are Botox itself, but which can help to lessen the appearance of and help cut down on worsening of fine lines. I've found these to be pretty effective on forehead, 11's and crow's feet. My products of choice are Relax-a-Line and Relax-a-Line with Vialox, although there are others - including a pretty good one from PSF.

But, you know, I still reckon you're probably far prettier than you realise - even without lots of extra skincare gunk.

Good luck, and please try not to be so hard on yourself.
salster68
Preferred Member
enjoys 15% discount
enjoys freebies

Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:23 am Add a Thank You Reply with quoteQuote Edit/Delete this postEdit Report postReport
Hi Majorb

Ive always been hard on myself - too hard my friends would say - and i do have a lot of self hate.

I am looking for a good firming cream as i really need to do something to get the elasticity etc back into my skin.... something to help tighten and something that will help my skin renew itself. Ive not heard the scare about DMAE - im not so sure its been working much for me really. That was another thing i used for frown lines - Relaxaline with vialox.

Some people suggested copper peptides or obagi to me before.... i just dont know which one to go with or where to begin. Im so hopeless at all this. Im still using my BQ but the areas at each side of my mouth seem to be drooping more

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:06 am      Reply with quote
That's really odd. I wonder why it was deleted?

I've never used Obagi, salster, and I don't know a great deal about copper peptides, so I'm hoping someone will chime in and give you guidance. However, you might want to do a search on the forum for these two subjects as there should be loads of information.

Also, sites selling copper peptides, such as http://dianayvonne.com , usually have some pretty good information for anyone wanting to start such a regime.

Good luck, and let's hope this one isn't deleted!
NancyDrew

Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
So far I've found all peptides to be a total waste of time.
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks NancyDrew and Majorb. Im probably hoping against all hopes with it all but i feel ive got to do something

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
I have found that the following has seriously improved sagging over 3 years time:

1. AHA peels biweekly low dose AHA every day followed by something healing (copper/EGF/O2)

2. Facial exercises

3. Dry brushing and Derma Roller (this really seems to work see thread here)

4. HRT and topical hormone cream
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:13 am      Reply with quote
PS I do also use Tazorac every day which is a topical retinoid
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
I think I posted to you on this the other day too. My suggestion was that since beauty is truly an 'inside job' you may want to learn to relax and love yourself more... the self hate phrase jumped at me in a big way Crying or Very sad and in my humble opinion is a very big part of this.

The suggestion I saw a while ago to find quiet and peace within was the simplest I've ever heard. Sit and smile. So even things like your liver smiles. Concentrate on sending love to your heart thanking it for all it does etc. This changes things at a cellular level. Toxic thoughts and feelings are harmful and create inflammation in the body and affect many things including skin as cells reproduce poorly with the over-whelming free radical damage this causes. So if you can take time to breathe, be grateful, calm your mind and feel love for yourself you may find things looking 'better' in no time.

The reason I feel this to be true is when my mom died recently I found the grief and stress really created an appearance that was less than good, dwelling on the pain and the anger and other negative things truly affected how I looked. I have turned it around practicing this idea.

Hope this doesn't sound goofy and it is sent with affection and a big cyber hug!

xo
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Dahli: What a good attitude. Istarted taking a Yoga class this fall. I had been doing Pilates. It makes me feel so much more relaxed and really shows in how I hold my face.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
sharky i do yoga on and off too and always noticed how refreshed and alive my face looks afterwards Smile Really should do it more.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Salster68, you need to find products to use that you love using. This might sound silly but if you love using the products then you will stay with them longer and you will start to believe that you look better. And eventually you will look better.

I'll suggest two routines:
1. am: Remergent DNA Repair followed by Remergent SPF30, pm: Remergent DNA Repair followed by Remergent Barrier Repair.

2. am: Valmont Infinite Radiance Serum followed by Remergent SPF30, pm: Valmont Radiance Serum followed by Valmont Radiance Cream.

If you are unsure, at least get a sunscreen and the Remergent SPF30 is good so if you purchase this from EDS, ask for samples of the other products I have suggested above so you can see which ones you may like.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

I am not sure if cosmetic products will give you enough of what you want, but it can help somewhat.

My favorite product is the Anti-Aging serum by Ice Elements at http://iceelements.com - they sell this here too. Regardless of what you try, I would highly recommend this product because of its use of both pharmaceutical aloe vera and Antarcticine.

I think that you would get a very good opinion on what would help by asking Brenda or Shelly in the message forum of Ice Elements. Brenda is the forum Esthetician and Shelly is the President of the company, who ran spas for years.

Also take a look at http://wholehealthmd.com under skin for supplements that will help your skin health from the inside. Taking Fish Oil, CoQ10, Flaxseed oil, etc will be beneficial in different ways. Wholehealthmd has a really good breakdown by item to help you determine what is right for you.

Good luck and take care.
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sally,
Sorry your thread got deleted. Did you find out why?
Anyway you got some great advice here. I remember reading your previous thread in Nov 06 and you got some medical condition that contributed to the skin issue. I hope that got resolved already.
I liked the advice from others about finding peace within yourself and finding reasons to smile more. Once you start to feel good from within it will show on your face. I understand you want to look good also, and if you see your skin getting saggy right before your eyes, it is hard to cope. So maybe you have to tackle this from both the physical (finding the right skincare products, and eating the right food) and the mental (going to therapeutic groups to raise self-esteem) sides. Do you belong to Kaiser? I went to some group classes at Kaiser for assertiveness when I felt that I needed to be more assertive without being aggressive, and these classes are really affordable.

For the more reasonably priced skincare with lots of actives, you might want to look in to True Radiance. I started trying this line recently, and am seeing some nice results. Another friend who also started it before me is really raving about it, and her pictures just told all the story I needed to feel confident that the stuff works. Very Happy

Try to eat whole grains and fewer processed food. Definitely stop smoking. (If I remember correctly, you were saying that you were a smoker?)
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Ooooh, yes, exercise can make you feel tons better and be good for you from the inside out. I love Pilates. It might help to relax you and help you feel less stressed. Plus it's great for making you feel so much stronger and fitter - ready for anything!
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
If we knew ALL the answers to why cellular changes take place as we age, there would be no need for such forums! There would be one message displayed telling us the ONE or TWO reasons and we would all do it! LOL.

In fact, many factors affect us, and in spite of leading healthy lifestyles by eating right, getting exercise and minimizing stresses in our lives, we all continue to age and in some cases continue to get terminal illnesses that shorten our lives.

The best answer that I give myself is that my genetic code is something that I have little control over. The most I can do is live well, stay happy and enjoy each moment as it happens. Wrinkle(s) or sag(s) may appear less traumatizing when we are happy and have close friends and family who enjoy us for who we are under our skin! Just my 2 cents worth here.

That's not to say that I too am not on the lookout for products that make my skin better and when my skin looks better, I feel better!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
O Sally honey!
Please read and reread Dahli's and everyone's posts daily until you can start to love yourself - wrinkles and all.
I had a facelift in my 40's and looked fab...for a while! But it's such a slippery slope. Eventually it all falls again and on and on. What am I going to do - get a facelift every 15 yrs? Right! if I could afford it and stand the pain! Would it make ppl like me more? Would it give me inner peace? Would it make me feel worthy of love?
You know the answers already.
Look at Mother Teresa, for instance. She is not by any stretch a physically beautiful face. But who could not love her, who could not feel better by being in her presence, and who can deny that she might have felt some peace by doing so much good? Point is, step outside yourself and go for a day, at least, without looking in the mirror. Reaching out to someone who has less than you will transform you.
**Sorry to preach**, but don't torture yourself, Baby!
Please please talk to us!! We all know just what it is to look in the mirror and see some things that need fixin or we wouldn't be here!!!
One parting thought: If you can't have a Killer Face, what about a Killer Body! That you CAN change for FREE!
Get off that perky butt and do it!! Wink
fawnie

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Perky butt - cute LOL!

Wow, loved Mother Theresa...
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
oh see we all feel that way to some degree (or just on some days.....)unfortunately we have all been conditioned to think that ageing equals unattractive....really how foolish! The media shoves youth in our faces everywhere we turn and its no wonder we become so obsessed....yes its really nice when people respond positively to the way we look but thats a whole package thing too and not just a face...its style and walk and smile and hair etc.....so maybe we shouldnt just focus on skin.
BUt while on that I really love using (and it really helps) peels...that you can buy from various sources on the net. Professional peels such as TCA ..(which can give you a medium depth peel) and will also tighten your skin...but you will need a week to recover from those...so in between finding a week to hide I use glycolic acid and have started at 30 percent once a week.(leave on for a few minutes)..there is no peeling just fresh skin...be prepared for a little redness and dryness so follow with a soothing mask etc....
and I have started using retinol in the evening (DS labs) it has matrixyl and other goodies in it and have noticed a difference....
I have heard great things about copper and plan to introduce that too....I take evening primrose and silica everyday too (internally) and drink green tea and cycle so that ALL helps! ....do your best and remember there could be a day in the not so distant future when a new procedure can totally eliminate wrinkles and ageing from our skin...and then we will reflect (and regret) on how we wasted so many years being depressed.....
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone Very Happy

Sorry ive not responded to any replies re this post but ive been off work and my computer at home is an old temperamental one. Im just overhwhelmed yet again by everyones kindness and advice.

Im going to print this page off and re read it more thoroughly when I get home because i just can not take it all in right now

I feel ashamed to be wrapped up in so much self pity and hate for myself. I know there are alot more people worse off than myself and when I think this i feel so ungrateful. Saying that I stillcant get away from the ugly me. I suffered with anorexia from my teens up until bout 6 years ago all because I couldnt control what my face looked like so I controlled my weight. I know that has done a lot of damage to my skin and my body.... My legs are riddled with cellulite and i think this has been caused by dieting for years and my skin has surely suffered.

Work have asked me to go back to my drs and to be really honest with him about how ive been feeling. I think though he will just increase my medication (prozac). I will go tomorrow and try and sort this out now because i truely cant live another year like my past years. I also need to decide on what skincare items to get and to really stick with it this time

Thank you all so much for everything

Dahli I really am so sorry to hear about losing your mum. My problems are nothing compared to what I can only imagine you have been through. Im sending big comforting hugs your way.

Bkkgirl - yes I had a terrible time end of last year beginning of this year. I was having scans as they found something on my lung and then they were testing me for lymphoma. After all that I was diagnosed with mild emphysema on both lungs and just having an infection in my lymph nodes so that part of the stress is over.

Hugs and kisses to everyone of you beautiful ladies
xxx

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Salster 68 - Okay here's a whole body regimen with ideas on creams etc as well --
Drink plenty of water
Eat red grapes (reservatrol) and other fruits
Exercise
Take supplements for the skin (fish and flaxseed oils, B vitamins)
Use copper peptides (skin biology products
from NCN proskincare)
DMAE (3% from SAS)
Antioxidant/peptide cream (EGF, CoQ10, matrixyl
colostrum, beta glucans)
Talk with Advan Thera as to why BQ isn't
working any more -maybe he'll give you a
different routine
(I'm using Facemate with ultrasound,
microcurrent, and red LED)
YOur outer glow comes from the inner glow -
get yourself some help so you can feel good
about yourself otherwise most of the external
things won't work! Get happy with yourself-
whatever it takes - DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi DiPhx

Thank you for giving me some more help. I went to my drs the other day who has increased my medication (prozac) which ive been on for years because of anorexia and depression which run hand in hand. I eat anything now but he still says im anorexic and that it is a condition that will never leave you. I know i still have fat days but ive put weight on. I dont weigh my self anymore but i think i must be at least 8stone maybe a bit more. I dieted in the first place because i couldnt control what my face looked like so I controlled my body weight instead. Ive always thought myself ugly right from a child. My dr is going to look into me having counselling. He says he doenstn think it will cure me totally but may help. Ive been like it for most of my life and I realise I cant change the way i see myself on my own. It just seems that as i get older and the bags and crepiness have come under the eyes, frown lines and droopiness around the jaw have just made me feel even more uglier than ever. If i can do something about my aging skin it would help me so much. I know my eating habits have not helped my skin at all.

I really do appreciate everything everyone has said to help me. Ive just got to decide which skin care products to go with....... that is another big decision. Im not finacially well off and i find choosing things like this a total nightmare cos i dont want to waste money etc and i want them to work. its all so confusing

Wishing everyone a great day and thank you all for everything
xxx

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sally Very Happy

Glad to hear you are on the right path. BTW quite some time ago I saw your picture. You are very attractive. Your eyes are gorgeous!!! Sounds like you are even prettier inside Smile .

Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Oh Winnie that is so lovely for you to say. People have commented on my eyes before but now they are quite crepy and a little baggy underneath im finding that my one and only good feature going is why i feel worse. if only something would just make them look a biat firmer.

I hope you are well Winnie and life is treating you very well
xxx

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |