Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Baby Quasar, Lightstim, Tanda **review of all three**
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Wow, that's good to know. My DPL should be arriving any time now. I wonder if that advice would apply to the Dermawand. Any thoughts on that?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:31 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
Winnie wrote:

I use my Q 3 times a week. For my mature skin I apply Hyaluronic acid serum mixed with a few drops of Copper Peptides. Applying this formulation works well for me. Many use the Q on bare skin.

Winnie, when i spoke with AdvanThera guys (almost a year ago! Shock !, so things may have changed since then), they told me repeatedly to only use BQ on clean skin or at best to only apply completely transparent topicals before BQ treatment. They said that anything with any kind of pigment in it (even amber-coloured salicylic acid) would stop the penetration of light to the surface (and deeper) of skin.
I know that many ladies here use BQ and other LED gadgets with CPs and other topicals, but I am a bit unclear as whether that should be done or not.
Any advice?
Thanks! R. Smile

Hi Rubby,

When I received my Quasar SP. AT sent me a topical with the unit. The directions said to apply to face 5 minutes prior to using the SP. It worked very well. Since I have run out of that serum and use HA with CP's.

This is serum AT sent with unit: Silk2 Anti-Aging. Ingredients: HA Acid, glycerin, copper/silk amino acid complex, copper peptide complex, lactic acid, co enzyme Q 10.

It is hard for me to read the extremely tiny print so I just listed ingredients I knew. Guess I need new glasses. Rolling Eyes

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
diaan46
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Dear ladies,........here is the new site of aventura and here Quasars. There is a lot of info.

And about hyaluron use Wink

http://www.quasarpro.com/index.html
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
diaan46 wrote:
Dear ladies,........here is the new site of aventura and here Quasars. There is a lot of info.

And about hyaluron use Wink

http://www.quasarpro.com/index.html

Thanks!

I see they now offer the Baby Blue for acne. It's $349.00 US.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:52 am      Reply with quote
I've just started using the Baby Q and I've noticed that after treatments I do get some redness on my most sensitive areas (cheeks), also my skin feels a little dry, but that goes away. Overall not completely impressed or bowled over but I guess I should keep at it. It would be good to use just before putting on makeup and going out since it does plump up skin for a short while.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I get redness in areas that are already sensitive, too. I'm not sure if it's from my DPL or the hairdryer from my Lips2Kiss.

5% products discount

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I just found this forum and it's great! I found your review very informative. I've made up my mind a half dozen times, but then change back. I was wondering if you can give me an update on the Tanda & Baby Q red light results. I have moderate (hormonal) acne, but my main goal is to boost collagen in my face. I had Titan treatments a year ago and was very pleased with the results. The smile lines (nasal folds) are greatly improved. I'm hoping to continue/maintain the results w/ either one of these (the maintenance treatment costs the same as one of these machines,so I may as well give one a try). Do you still feel the BQ is better for rejuvenation than the Tanda? For anyone with acne, have you had good results w/ the red light keeping oil production down? I know the blue light kills the bacteria, but I think prevention is the key to clearing up my acne. I'd love to hear from anyone who's been using either or tried both for a while. Tanda did say they have a 1 year warranty, and the price is right, but I don't want to waste my $ if the BQ will give me better results. I'm 40 and would like to keep the wrinkles and sagging at bay a little longer Very Happy
I'd appreciate any input!
Thanks! wave
bamboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Oh Rufus you are so right... I just received my Tanda yesterday and gave it a try. It definitely got HOT after only 1 application, which is only 3 minutes!! I don't know if it'll even go on for the suggested 18 minutes. I don't my skin to get burned!! Crying or Very sad
Kiwi bird
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Great review

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
CTYankeegirl wrote:
I just found this forum and it's great! I found your review very informative. I've made up my mind a half dozen times, but then change back. I was wondering if you can give me an update on the Tanda & Baby Q red light results. I have moderate (hormonal) acne, but my main goal is to boost collagen in my face. I had Titan treatments a year ago and was very pleased with the results. The smile lines (nasal folds) are greatly improved. I'm hoping to continue/maintain the results w/ either one of these (the maintenance treatment costs the same as one of these machines,so I may as well give one a try). Do you still feel the BQ is better for rejuvenation than the Tanda? For anyone with acne, have you had good results w/ the red light keeping oil production down? I know the blue light kills the bacteria, but I think prevention is the key to clearing up my acne. I'd love to hear from anyone who's been using either or tried both for a while. Tanda did say they have a 1 year warranty, and the price is right, but I don't want to waste my $ if the BQ will give me better results. I'm 40 and would like to keep the wrinkles and sagging at bay a little longer Very Happy
I'd appreciate any input!
Thanks! wave

I answered the message you sent me so look in your message box.

I'm currently using the Tanda blue for the acne on my chin and I don't touch the unit to my skin but hover it slightly above to avoid any excessive heat. For the nasal lines and overall look to my skin I still prefer the Baby Q. When you use these devices it's like a commitment if you want continued results. I find the time late at night to use the Tanda and Baby Q.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
bamboo wrote:
Oh Rufus you are so right... I just received my Tanda yesterday and gave it a try. It definitely got HOT after only 1 application, which is only 3 minutes!! I don't know if it'll even go on for the suggested 18 minutes. I don't my skin to get burned!! Crying or Very sad

I never touch the Tanda directly to my skin because of the heat factor. I do let it cool down if it has gotten too hot. Take off the modular light and let the unit and light cool down seperately. I only use the Tanda blue so the heat factor is less for me.

5% products discount

Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks!!
bixa525
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Very interesting review. My main concerns are saggy jowels and the nose to mouth lines and overall lack of firmness. Which device is the best to adddress these issues? I don't have acne or rosacea. What about these other devices (Dermal tone, Derma Wand or Facial Flex)? Anyone have any experience with any of these?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
bixa525 wrote:
Very interesting review. My main concerns are saggy jowels and the nose to mouth lines and overall lack of firmness. Which device is the best to adddress these issues? I don't have acne or rosacea. What about these other devices (Dermal tone, Derma Wand or Facial Flex)? Anyone have any experience with any of these?

The Baby Q and Quasar SP make a big difference in the tone of my skin. Fine lines and wrinkles are plumped up and my skin is firmer. You must be religious about using any of these devices or the results will vanish. I Facial Flex and have used it for 3 years. My new device is Nuface. Without a doubt it firmed my skin. The corners of my mouth were turning down. After the first treatment I notice an improvement. I have used it now for 16 days and happy to say my mouth does not look sad any longer. Smile

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:23 am      Reply with quote
Winnie, how often did you use the Baby Q?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:31 am      Reply with quote
FaithTruth wrote:
Winnie, how often did you use the Baby Q?

I used the BQ everyday for the first week. I continue to use my SP three times a week.

Brenda Z
5% products discount

Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Do you think if I started the baby q at my age 27 it would be getting ahead of the game so to say in the ageing process or do you think its going to do the same for someone my age compared to someone that is older?? Also my neck has early sun damage is there anyone that has reversed aging on there neck with a Baby Q or other LED device. I have whats starting to look like chicken skin on my neck......
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:41 am      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=26564&start=50

Page 3 of the above thread has pictures of my neck before and after my first LightStim Anti-Aging treatment.

Since you are so young, you don't yet have the noticeable aging dilemnas I face, so your results would be more subtle.

The good thing with starting these treatments at your age, is that you'll be way ahead of the aging game, and keep your youthful looks throughout your life.

The treatments will keep your cells rejuvinating, and the collagen and elastin in peak performance.

Just keep in mind, that the most important thing you can do for your skin, is to protect it EVERY SINGLE DAY OF YOUR LIFE with a broad spectrum SPF 30 sunblock..

Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Brenda Z
5% products discount

Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:24 am      Reply with quote
Hey Kassy thanks for your replys!!! WOW your neck is really amazing after one try. I cant believe how great it looks. I am still torn on which device to get. I like the one your using but feel I need something with blue lights for acne. Its a hard decision.....
Ambien
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the fantastic review Rufus!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Brenda Z wrote:
Hey Kassy thanks for your replys!!! WOW your neck is really amazing after one try. I cant believe how great it looks. I am still torn on which device to get. I like the one your using but feel I need something with blue lights for acne. Its a hard decision.....

You can get the anti-aging + acne lights from LightStim for a couple of bucks more than you'd pay for the BQ. They give a discount if 2 are purchased.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Ambien
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone tried the pro/newer model of the anti-aging light from Lightstim? Wondering how it compares?
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review, it's too expensive that if I can't see good review, I will not buy it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Ambien wrote:
Anyone tried the pro/newer model of the anti-aging light from Lightstim? Wondering how it compares?

I've been using the new LightStim model for 3 weeks and I'm very happy with the results. I did a review with pictures at the following link, starting on about pg 4.

HTH

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=26564

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Ambien wrote:

I've been using the new LightStim model for 3 weeks and I'm very happy with the results. I did a review with pictures at the following link, starting on about pg 4.

HTH

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=26564

Actually it's from pg 3 to 5....sorry

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |