Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Baby Quasar, Lightstim, Tanda **review of all three**
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
LightStim didn't work for me, and I'm not sure if it's b/c I'm Asian? Is there any Asian girl who uses LightStim and gets good results?
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
FaithTruth wrote:
Well I caved and ordered it Smile wish me luck!

Good luck!

Be consistent and you will enjoy great results.

I have to agree heartily with your advice to be consistant. Each product I reviewed worked (some faster than others) but you have to be faithful to the regime once you start or don't blame the product. I found that there was a machine out there the could fit almost every budget. You could break the bank and go for a Quasar Pro model at over a thousand or go for the Baby Q (sold at EDS). The benefit of the Baby Q seems to be less heat which is benefits those sensitive to heat like some with Rosacea. The Lightstim is the easiest on the budget if you only need the red light and for me took longer for results but I did get results. The Tanda is great for those who want a model that does both blue (acne) and red (anti-aging) and the price point makes it the budget saver for those who need both. For anyone with acne, the Tanda instruction manual gave the best explanation of how much acne someone should have to need the clear light.

As everyone is different, one product may work well for one and not another, so don't think spending more is the only way to get results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Rufus, I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said!

Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
rufus wrote:
The Tanda is great for those who want a model that does both blue (acne) and red (anti-aging) and the price point makes it the budget saver for those who need both. For anyone with acne, the Tanda instruction manual gave the best explanation of how much acne someone should have to need the clear light.

I'm really tempted to order the tanda for acne. Can you give me an idea of how much acne someone should have to benefit from the clear light? I'm experiencing occasional breakouts like pimples/small bumps on the skin or blackheads on the nose but no whiteheads or cysts. Would the Tanda be good for me?

TIA
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
sweet28 wrote:

I'm really tempted to order the tanda for acne. Can you give me an idea of how much acne someone should have to benefit from the clear light? I'm experiencing occasional breakouts like pimples/small bumps on the skin or blackheads on the nose but no whiteheads or cysts. Would the Tanda be good for me?

TIA

I went to the instruction booklet for acne information and here's what the Tanda booklet says:

Quote:
The Tanda skincare System is used to treat Mild to Moderate Acne.

There are clinically defined levels of acne that a person may experience, based on the number of pustules (or pimples)on the face. Tanda is targeted at the treatment of mild to moderate acne and pimples. If you are seeing a dermatologist for severe acne, use Tanda under the direction of your dermatologist.

Acne Severity:

Mild: Tanda recommended for use. Blemishes, white/blackheads ,20 white/blackheads <15 inflammatory blemishes, or < 30 total blemishes.

Moderate: Tanda recommended for use. Blemishes 20-100 white/blackheads, or 15-50 inflammatory blemishes, or 30 t0 125 total blemishes.

Severe: See a dermatologist. >5 cysts, or total white/blackheads count>100, or total inflammatory count > 50, or >125 total blemishes.

For more information on Acne please visit http://www.tanda.com

For a professional assessment of acne please see a dermatologist.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:18 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
LightStim didn't work for me, and I'm not sure if it's b/c I'm Asian? Is there any Asian girl who uses LightStim and gets good results?

Works great on me, I'm 30, Asian. Smile
For me it seemed to refine the skin and make the texture finer, less large pores. The skin just looked nicer and smoother all around.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:11 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

My best and dearest friend is Chinese and 54 years old. She spent several days visiting me over the holidays.

After a couple of lengthy (90)minute sessions with my LightStim she was on my computer ordering one up.

Make sure you spend enough time on each and every section of your face, and glide the light from section to section. You want to keep the light concentrated, so try not to let the light escape..

Use it everyday, 3 minutes to each and every part of your face, (I include neck and chest also) and you'll most likely see results.

Good Luck!
Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Where did you ladies order the LightStim from?

I thought it was available here at EDS, but I can't seem to find it.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Debster1000 wrote:
Where did you ladies order the LightStim from?

I thought it was available here at EDS, but I can't seem to find it.

It was for sale here at ED's, I don't know why it's not anymore.

Go to http://www.lightstim.com

They now have what's called the "Anti-Aging" light, which has the addition of "Amber" lights. It's more $$$, but is suppose to work faster! I have the "Original" and am happy with the results.

They have a 90 day trial period, great customer service, and offer upgrade with 100% credit should you buy the "Original" and then decide to go for the new one.

Kassy

Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I returned my Lightstim with no problem whatsover. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
I returned my Lightstim with no problem whatsover. Smile

Hi Mars, I'm just curious, why did you return your LightStim?

K

Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Kassy, I returned my Lightstim after two weeks because it was way to warm on my face. Shock I'm not delicate but, it was too much for me. I just bought a DPL on ebay from Balkowitsz speling?). I haven't received it yet but, their Customer Service person was MEAN! Really! Exclamation

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Jeez Mars! That's sucky about the customer service, considering you didn't even get it yet..

Hopefully it will work well, and you won't have to deal with them again.

Good luck with it, and be sure to tell us all about it.... Smile

Kassy

Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you. I will definitely keep all posted on my DPL results. I think I'll keep a little photo journal. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
sweet28 wrote:

TIA

Hi Sweet28,
I am 42 and have suffered from acne my entire life (it's hormonal in my case). My case of acne was not severe. I'd say moderate. I purchased Tanda and it really works. It reduced my inflammatory and cystic acne a lot! Didn't do anything for blackheads, but it really helped with cystic and inflammatory (moderate!) acne.
Hope that helps.
R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I love a success story! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:45 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, Kassy, I returned my Lightstim after two weeks because it was way to warm on my face. Shock I'm not delicate but, it was too much for me. I just bought a DPL on ebay from Balkowitsz speling?). I haven't received it yet but, their Customer Service person was MEAN! Really! Exclamation

I don't know if this helps but I never touch the unit to my face but hover it just above to minimize the heat factor.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:08 am      Reply with quote
Just used my Baby Q for the first time and am liking the results. Question : when you first start, how intensive can you go with the frequency of treatments? Can I do it everyday? If yes, for how long? Is there ever such a thing as using the Baby Q TOO much? Also do you guys get better results using the Baby Q with or without topicals on the skin?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I get the same results clean face or with topicals.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:55 am      Reply with quote
FaithTruth wrote:
Just used my Baby Q for the first time and am liking the results. Question : when you first start, how intensive can you go with the frequency of treatments? Can I do it everyday? If yes, for how long? Is there ever such a thing as using the Baby Q TOO much? Also do you guys get better results using the Baby Q with or without topicals on the skin?

I use my Q 3 times a week. For my mature skin I apply Hyaluronic acid serum mixed with a few drops of Copper Peptides. Applying this formulation works well for me. Many use the Q on bare skin. You need to find what works best for you. IMO using the Q everyday is too much. Could it hurt to use it daily?No one has ever mentioned daily use causing damage. Perhaps it would dry out your skin.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
I got pigment (scar) around my chin area, can that help? Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I'd like a response to that question, too. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
From what I've read, the Baby Q does not help with scars, only overall skintone and plumping
diaan46
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
For scars the dermaroller seems the tool
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:

I use my Q 3 times a week. For my mature skin I apply Hyaluronic acid serum mixed with a few drops of Copper Peptides. Applying this formulation works well for me. Many use the Q on bare skin.

Winnie, when i spoke with AdvanThera guys (almost a year ago! Shock !, so things may have changed since then), they told me repeatedly to only use BQ on clean skin or at best to only apply completely transparent topicals before BQ treatment. They said that anything with any kind of pigment in it (even amber-coloured salicylic acid) would stop the penetration of light to the surface (and deeper) of skin.
I know that many ladies here use BQ and other LED gadgets with CPs and other topicals, but I am a bit unclear as whether that should be done or not.
Any advice?
Thanks! R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |