Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Obagi Exfoderm - Consistency? Also my Obagi Pics
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I've been away for a bit doing the Obagi program because I didn't want to come on here too much and be tempted to give up and try something else. Smile This Sunday will be 14 weeks for me. I would be going for the 18 weeks, but I am starting to job search and therefore, decided to start maintenance now.

Before I go into my routine ... I have a quick question. What's the consistency of Exfoderm supposed to be? I haven't been using it, but thought I would incorporate it into my maintenance ... but the bottle I have is very liquidy. It's like you have to shake it really well and then it's kinda liquidy/creamy ... but not really consistent. Is that right?

Okay, so like I said .. it will be 14 weeks on Sunday. I'm very happy with the results. My hyperpigmentation isn't gone completely, but it has faded to where I am ok with it and I'm hoping that on maintenance it might take it down a bit more. I probably started peeling about day 3 and pretty much have peeled throughout the whole thing. I'm at the point now where I would peel for a few days, have about two days of amazing looking skin, and then peel for a few days, etc. I had been using Retin A every night at first ... but probably about 2 months into it decided to do it every second night to give my skin a bit of a break.

The one thing I've noticed throughout this though is ... I still have blackheads! How can that be?! You'd think with all the peeling that it would have helped that issue out, but no ... still have blackheads around my nose and chin area.

This was my routine ...

AM:
Cleanser
Toner
Clear
Sunfader

PM:
Cleanser
Toner
Clear
Blender, followed by Retin A (alternate nights)

I used the Obagi eye cream (that you can get as a free gift from EDS ... I actually quite like this eye cream).

I had Action as well, but only used it if my skin felt extremely dry in areas.

Here are my before and afters:

Now as for maintenance ... this is the routine I plan to start this weekend. I just got my order from EDS so I'm all ready to go.

AM:
Obagi Cleanser, followed by Toner
Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher (just on nose and chin area)
Remergent DNA Repair Formula
Remergent AM Moisture SPF 15 (or SPF 30 if I'll be outside alot)

PM:
Obagi Cleanser, followed with Toner
Remergent Barrier Repair Formula

Then on Mondays and Thursdays, back to full Obagi:

AM:
Cleanser, followed with Toner
Clear
Exfoderm
Remergent AM Moisture SPF 15

PM:
Cleanser, followed with Toner
Clear
Blender, followed with Retin A

And I'll keep using the Obagi eye cream daily.

I've heard the Remergent products may help hyperpigmentation as well ... so I'm hoping (like I mentioned above) that in maintenance I might see more clearing. And I thought I'd try the Estee Lauder stuff because it is supposed to help get the gunk out of your pores ... I'm hoping it will help with the blackhead issue.

If any of you Obagi experts see any issues with my planned maintenance plan ... let me know! Smile

I'll update in a few weeks to let everyone know how maintenance is going.
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, your pigmentation has improved incredibly! You will probably continue to see improvement wth the maintenance program. Thanks for posting the pics!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Your pigmentation is way better, moonstarr, congratulations! (The exfoderm - the regular not the forte - is very liquidy, not cream texture like the forte)
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Your pigmentation is way better, moonstarr, congratulations! (The exfoderm - the regular not the forte - is very liquidy, not cream texture like the forte)

rileygirls,
do you use forte or regular. I've been using the forte but I stopped, like you beacuase it made my face so red (after 15 weeks!) I'm wondering whether I should bother trying the exfoderm regular...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi beeb. No, I don't use the regular exfoderm. I bought it and tried it when my face started getting red/burning from the Forte. I used it once. It really made me more red and definitely burned more than the forte for me!
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Hi beeb. No, I don't use the regular exfoderm. I bought it and tried it when my face started getting red/burning from the Forte. I used it once. It really made me more red and definitely burned more than the forte for me!

Hmmmmmm ... maybe this won't work for me either. Like I said, I never used it during my 14 weeks, but thought I'd see how it would be if I added it on my two "Obagi" days a week. I'll try it, but if it's too much, I'll cut it out of my routine.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to say how amazing your skin looks right now. Really amazing.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr - Congratulations. I am just finishing week 12 and see a dramatic improvement in hyerpigmentation myself but am also still plagued with large pores.

2 weeks ago, I did a 12.5% TCA Peel, and while I saw a slight improvement in my skin tone, my pores still remain an issue - I plan on doing 2 more TCA peels over the next 6 weeks and then with weekly lactic peels.

Makeupartistschoice.com deals with large pores and chemical peeling, perhaps it is an option for you.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:33 am      Reply with quote
wow amzing!!!

5% products discount

Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:03 am      Reply with quote
First things first though!! You said "Blender followed by Retin A"....

It is my understanding that you are supposed to MIX the blender with the Retin A and then apply.

Could this be part of the problem?

My Obagi should be arriving today or Monday and then I start! I am sooo heartened by your pics! You look great!

Also, I have read every scrap of info I could find about Obagi. One other bit I remember is that those who said they really massaged the Blender/Retin A into their skin well did not have blackhead problems (but what do I know? Hopefully a lot more real soon though!)

Congratulations!
Andrea
littleprakhem
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Woooow *looks closer to the pics*, what can i say. Your skin looks wayyyy better. Congrats!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Moonstar you look really great! I'm so impressed with your results!

For your blackhead issue, you might want to look into Dr. H Clay Cleansing mask. Its the best I have ever found for cleaning out pores and wont irritate skin at all.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Cowgirlzz
5% products discount

Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Moonstarr - WOW, you look great!
Thanks for sharing your pics.

Stovetop, I didn't realize that one could do a peel while on the Obagi program? I really wanted to do a series of AHA peels before I start Obagi, but I'm chomping at the bit to get going Cool
If I can do them during, that would be great...
rockerlynne
5% products discount

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:47 am      Reply with quote
moonstar-I just wanted to chime and and say... WOW! I have been doing Obagi for almost 3 weeks now and cannot get enough info on it!
Although I really cannot give you any advice, I am so excited about your results. You look amazing!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |