Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Hair on my chinny chin chin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
I've always been a fuzzy girl but not in an offputting way.

Now I've counted about a dozen coarse hairs on my chin and around my jawline. There's even one on my neck. Is this normal for the mid 30s?

What works to get rid of them?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
The best way to do away with coarse facial hair is to use tweezers. If the hairs are very dark in color IPL (Intense Pulse Light) will remove hair but can be costly. Another alternative would be electrolysis.

Most of us have a few hair to remove on our face Rolling Eyes . I have one nagging coarse hair that grows on my chin. I pluck it as soon as I can feel it with my finger. It surfaces about once a week.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
fab50
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Most of us have a few hair to remove on our face Rolling Eyes . I have one nagging coarse hair that grows on my chin. I pluck it as soon as I can feel it with my finger. It surfaces about once a week.

ditto - except I have more than one and I, too, use tweezers and pluck the suckers as soon as I can feel them.

5% products discount

Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
same thing here, in fact i'm glad to hear other girls have it too, i have a few hairs on the left side of my chin, and as soon as i pluck them they grow out! maybe someday when i have alot of extra money i'll get laser for it? Laughing
Amy
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I suggest a good electrolysist.
kez
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have this also and wondered whether it has something to do with my hormones changing i am 36 and i am sick of plucking the things. I have a couple but it feels like at times that they are multiplying Confused
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Same for me -- when I can feel the coarse hairs with a finger, I just pluck.
rockerlynne
5% products discount

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:58 am      Reply with quote
tooinvolved-I am also a fuzzy girl! Mine is borderline off putting though if you get me in the right light. My mother thinks it is cute but I think it is disgusting. I also get a few coarser chin hairs but usually just pluck them like everybody else.
I found this really great little tool to use for the fur though! I haven't had it long enough to tell if it can get at those stubborn chin hairs but I do like what it has done for the peach fuzz.
www dot facialhairthreading dot com
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Surgi Wax (or Sally Hansen) wax from drugstore. No cloth strips required, just heat in microwave, apply, hardens, pull off. No pain and effective. The Sally Hansen pre-formed sheets are a good second choice, heat with blow dryer for better adhesion.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
If it continues (gets more/worse) I would have it lasered.... Who needs that.

I tweeze mine but I get one only every now and then.
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations on the chin hair.
I am sure it means we are wise, wonderful and very special.
Bad Grin
tisa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:51 am      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:
Bad Grin

I agree with skin care addicted Laughing - the only method I have heard of that gives permanent results is electrolysis.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I have had electrolysis done and it is effective, however, my advice would be to ensure that you scout out a licensed technician - very important.
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
fab50 wrote:
Winnie wrote:

ditto - except I have more than one and I, too, use tweezers and pluck the suckers as soon as I can feel them.

I used to have one pesky hair on my chin (right in the center, towards the bottom) and like Winnie, always plucked it as soon as it could be felt. Actually, I got so good at it that I could pluck it out without a mirror and without using any tools -- just my bare thumbnail against the tip of my index finger.

Eventually, it stopped growing back. I don't think I've seen it for at least six years now ) and not that I miss it, of course!).

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
i wudnt suggest plucking or waxing tht area....it will probly make them worse if not the hairs stronger and stay away from lasering the area it will dfinatly make it worse.

I would suggest electrolysis in the area. Make sure u have a good and experienced technician for this Very Happy
skincarefun
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Did anyone try laser treatment before?
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
i did try laser thats why i recommend to stay away from it. As before the hairs were very fine. Then i noticed hairs more thicker and coarse growing there.

Then i tried electrolysis which seeems to be working
skincarefun
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
oh, got you, sorry i didn't see that.
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Yes! I call these billie-goat hairs! They just magically appear, fully formed and long, sticking out of my chin! I pluck them and hope for the best.
kareni
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Laser is the way to go, but is expensive. Make sure you find someone licenced.
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:

Me too! Laughing
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:35 am      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:
Bad Grin

Thanks for the laugh. Very funny and true of course!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Maria1 wrote:
Winnie wrote:

Me too! Laughing

If I had that coarse chin hair lasered I think I would miss playing with it when it surfaced. Laughing

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I had a coarse bristle that used to grow on my cheek. I just plucked it every time it came up - now it seems to have gone for good (i hope!).

I read that if you pull the hair out very slowly and smoothly (maximum ouch Shock ), then it damages the bed of the hair more and regrowth is less likely. Don't know the scientific truth of this, but it worked for me.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the Sally Hansen wax. SOmeone here have me a great suggestion (sorry I do not remember who)to use powder or baking powder on your face before waxing. I've found that it both makes it feel better AND removes more hair. I wax every other week and it works well for me.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |