Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ladies and Gents! What is the best waxing kit out there?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
madelie
5% products discount

Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
For heavy duty stuff ...ie. eyebrows, legs, etc.
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I use this Bliss kit on my upper lip and eyebrows.

You can find it as Sephora, sorry I can't link.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
you know, cheesy as it is, nads worked great for me. just the original kits. it's cheap, and it washes off really easily. takes a little practice, but I haven't found the expensive kits to be all that much better. just don't get the pre-waxed strips.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
I second NADS. I do find though that it gets thick fast so I have to stick the jar in the microwave for a few seconds to make it spread easily. The trick is to apply a thin layer and hold the skin taut before pulling the cloth off.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
How about Sugaring? It's similar to Nads but I find that it's cheaper. You can find sugar kits at drug stores, Wal-Mart, etc.

5% products discount

Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
also fan of nads, works best and least messy..
in the winter, i warm it up by putting in the sink with warm water for 20 seconds..

after years of using nads, i found my hair comes back finer and gross slower..
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Gigi microwave formula no muslin strips needed! Easy to use. Worked great.
Sonnie
5% products discount

Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
I use nads. The lady that invented was middle eastern and she invented nads for her daughters as they were hairy and there was nothing on the market that dealt with "hairy".

I like it because you don't need to nuke it. I got really burnt once with heated wax.

Nads have a range of diff products that cater for diff areas but i think its just the same wax but diff package.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:02 am      Reply with quote
You don't need to microwave nads? that's great! I have been struggling with "cold wax" strips, which are HORRIBLE, because I don't have a microwave to heat up the hot wax. Hrmm...I think I might have to try it out! Do you use strips with it?
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:56 am      Reply with quote
I like the Parissa sugaring kit or the Parissa ready to use wax strips for body. The face strips are good too. I've heard good things about Nad's but haven't tried it myself yet.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
chimera wrote:
You don't need to microwave nads? that's great! I have been struggling with "cold wax" strips, which are HORRIBLE, because I don't have a microwave to heat up the hot wax. Hrmm...I think I might have to try it out! Do you use strips with it?

you do use strips with nads. it works a lot better than those pre-waxed strips though. and it's not really wax, it's more like sugaring. it's water soluble so it just rinses off. it takes a little practice, but definitely the best that I've tried (although I've moved on to epilators, which I highly recommend)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the explanation. I tried an epilator once, and not only was it incredibly painful, it also left red bumps all over my skin and it looked disgusting. I have been afraid to try again ever since!
juliejuliejulie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:23 am      Reply with quote
Maria1 wrote:
I like the Parissa sugaring kit or the Parissa ready to use wax strips for body.

I really like the Parissa wax strips too. They're super easy to use and there's nothing to spill. But I've been waxing for-ev-er and my legs don't get super hairy, so I can't say whether they'd work on a really tough job.

I even used the small strips on my upper lip a few times. Definitely doable, but challenging.
petersonc2c

Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I started waxing at home about a month ago. Have bazillion done in the salon. But doing my underarms and legs. i bought a gigi wax warming pot and Clean & Easy bazillion pot wax at a beauty supply shop. I am having a horrible time with the cloth strips... the wax stays on my legs!! I must be doing something wrong. I don't mind the waxing, but need advice on the type of wax and strips that work the best. It is insane! I spend more time picking the wax off my skin than actually waxing! I have read your advice about NADS... but is there any professional products that you can also recommend? Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
After 2 months of using the wax strips from Body By Brigitte I am still just as thrilled about them.

For me anyways it seems to be the only wax strip that does not make a mess on my skin and actually works in one pass to do my eyebrows.

I have not tried the leg kit yet,but will pick it up this week as my samples are all used up now.
Olivia23
5% products discount

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
The best waxing kit out there period is the do it yourself kind that you make with only 3 ingredients at home.

It's called a sugar wax or sugaring. I know someone else mentioned you can buy them, but why when you can make it whenever you want to.

All you need is lemon juice, sugar, and water. I use the bottled lemon juice. Anyway you take 2 cups of sugar, 1/4 cup if lemon juice and 1/4 cup of water dump it in a pot and bring to a boil on your stovetop. Now here is the tricky part, you must not over-cook it or under-cook it or it will not work.

I bought a candy thermometer and made sure I never went past 250 or the hard candy stage. Then you turn it down once it gets close to that stage and I forgot to add make sure you are stirring often with a wooden spoon. Wooden is best because it really sticks to others. Anyway, watch for it to start turning a golden brown color. When it does that, turn of stovetop and por into some type of re-bearable microwave container. I use glass containers that I can put a lid back on to save what I don't use.

I also bought a little candle warmer at walmart for about 7 bucks. I use it to keeppmit warm. I also found an old pai of denim shorts and I cut them up into strips, it works perfectly! I

I
Olivia23
5% products discount

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry I couldn't finish previous post but I'm typing on my phone and it's making it difficult.

Anyway what I was trying to finish up saying is I cut up an old pair of denim shorts and it works perfectly for waxing strips. I use a wooden stick like the kind that a popsicle is on to spread the wax on my legs (make sure it's not too hot first!), then I press the denim strip on, let it cool a minute or so, and yank off! The first time I did my legs it hurt a little, and I did get some red bumps and ingrown hairs, but I had some aloe Vera gel and that really helped. Now when I wax it doesn't bother me at all and I love not having to buy razors because they are getting so expensive!
Another note, I recently done my underarms and while it hurt a lot more than my legs did, I am extremely happy with the results and will do them from now on. Also the downside to waxing under your arms is I had to let it grow a little so I could wax it.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |