Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Crystal Body Deodorant
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I apologize if this one has been done to death, but I searched and found other deodorants but nothing on this one. Anyway, I've been using crystal deodorant for many years. I started because I believe the pores under our arms can get stopped up with those gunky deodorants, and I don't know if this could be linked to breast cancer, but with a family history like mine, you try to cover all the bases.

Anyway, I love crystal deodorant. I used to get it at the health food store, but now I think it's available in drugstores. Sometimes called a deodorant stone, Crystal Body Deodorant is made of 100% natural mineral salts, which are hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, paraben free, non-sticky, non-staining, dries instantly and leaves no white residue. Contains no Aluminum Chlorohydrate.

I just rub it under my arms while I'm still wet from the shower, and it works amazingly well. Sometimes in the past I've thought maybe it was all in my mind, and I wouldn't have to use it. Wrong! One day without it, especially if I'm working in the yard or hiking, and I become quite pungent!

A stick lasts for years, possibly forever. Every few years, I'll toss mine and get a new one, but you wouldn't have to. So, it's also very cost effective.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with you. It works. I started my daughter on this type of deodorant product a few years ago and now my 12 year old son. It works and it's natural.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using this for years. It works great. I found health food stores charge more. In Canada at the Superstore it's about 3 dollars.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
It has been so long since I bought it, I can't recall for sure, but I think at health food stores here in my part of the US it's $7 or $8; compared with other deodorants that people buy once a month, though, that's still cheap.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes, I used to use the crystal deodorant but I found I just kept getting annoyed with the thing so I've moved over to the pre-made water and crystal solutions they sell as sprays and roll-ons. Same stuff as the rock but I just find it more convenient.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I also started using the Crystal Liquid Rock Deodorant. It's very nice stuff.

However, if you do a lot of walking or athletic activities, this may not be the deodorant for you. My sister is in college and walks a lot, and she says this deodorant doesn't work very effectively Wink .

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
However, if you do a lot of walking or athletic activities, this may not be the deodorant for you
You make a good point, what works for some may not for others, and we're not always sure why. It has never failed me, no matter how I work out, and my son uses it, too. Mine is even good for a second day, but if I shower it off and don't reapply, I know pretty soon I should have. Different strokes......

skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
catballou--you are so lucky to be a "low-odor" individual. my mom doesn't use deodorant at all and never smells. Lucky.

Kris

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Kris.
Quote:
catballou--you are so lucky to be a "low-odor" individual
I'd never thought of it that way, just figured I was smelly-prone as the next person! Laughing But you're saying that for some people the crystal deodorant wouldn't be strong enough?

I have lots of challenges in this life, I'll add low-odor to the plus column....

edithsz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
If I use plain water the deodorant stone does not last all day for me, but ever since I use hydrosol instead of water it works very well whole day long.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
That's something very cool to know, edith. Any particular hydrosol?

edithsz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Whichever hydrosol is on my counter. It could be neroli, rose, helichrysum, lavender, these are the main ones that I use, sometimes a combo of them.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe some of the more seasoned members will weigh in on this one to tell us why it works. (Or maybe you know; I didn't ask you.) Thanks for adding that to my post.

edithsz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Catballou, here is a link that explains how deodorant crystals work.

http://www.bodycrystal.com.au/faq.htm

About the difference for me between hydrosol and tap water - hate to even think about this - it could be caused by the huge difference in purity. The hydrosol is usually pure, as it is obtained by distillation, the water...we are told that is drinkable. Yikes!
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
You're probably right. I have serious water issues. The news tells us that we can't even rely on bottled water to be pure, but I keep a bottle by my lavatory to use with makeup and skin care because I figure it's got to be cleaner than the stuff out of the faucet with aluminum by-products in the name of fluoride, which we don't need to be drinking anyway, and added chlorine and such.

I've been reading here about hydrosols, just haven't gotten around to ordering any, but I just know I'm gonna like them! :)Where do you buy yours?

edithsz
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Catballou,

GOW has a really nice selection and great C/S. Markey is closed though for couple days as far as I know at the moment. I am sure you can find hydrosols at your local health food store too.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
GoW is great for hydrosols. I really do want to try them all.

Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
catballou wrote:
Hi, Kris.
Quote:
catballou--you are so lucky to be a "low-odor" individual
I'd never thought of it that way, just figured I was smelly-prone as the next person! Laughing But you're saying that for some people the crystal deodorant wouldn't be strong enough?

I have lots of challenges in this life, I'll add low-odor to the plus column....

it's funny how we are all so individual! Laughing crystal deodorant does not work for my sister at all (and she is on the low-odor side of things), but works brilliantly for my brother-in-law. go figure! must simply be different body chemistries?
beti
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Yeh it must be something to do with the body chemistries. I wish crystal deoderant worked for me, I'd feel more peace of mind every morning not having to spray on some part-aluminium onto my skin. Metals are surely not too good for us.
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:50 am      Reply with quote
what a great idea about using hydrosols..I will try that!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
i am still loving my liquid crystal deodorant. i also swear the dark armpit skin i used to have is also gone!

my friend mentioned something about chemical deodorants mixing with sweat and causing skin discoloration, and now i know it's true.

yay, under arm whitening Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
i have this too. It's more expensive but works well!
J-Co
5% products discount

Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:07 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to go aluminum free too and I have tried the crystal and not had much luck, but the Mr Mist spray really works for me (I think you can find it on the Product Reviews page).
FalineRN
5% products discount

Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Lafe's deodorant stone for about 3 weeks now and I love it. I put it on every morning after my shower and it last all day. I do lots of outdoor activities and workout everyday and it works very well for me.

Faline
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Last time I used this stuff I was still wet and had smelly pits. Doesn't do the job, too bad.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |