Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Rave: Lush's Fresh Farmacy Soap Is My HG
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I had some trepidation about Lush's products as I had read that they aren't quite as natural as they would seem to be. Despite this, I was shopping a few months ago and wandered in a Lush store, and curiousity got the better of me. They were having a special: buy three items and get one free, and I left there with a little shopping bag filled with three of their cleansers to try.

Their Fresh Farmacy cleanser is the only one of the three that I fell in love with. This soap is instantly calming and soothing -- I can feel the difference in my skin immediately after washing the soap off. I gave a cutting from my bar to one of my girlfriends (who is also 49) and she is raving about it as well -- in fact, she emailed me that she's planning to order more and give some to her friends with problem skin to try.

Here's what Lush says about their soap:

A pale pink cleansing bar ideal for problematic skin that gets sore, red and painful. Soothe and cleanse with skin-friendly calamine and chamomile, rose, lavender, and tea tree for and antiseptic, calming effect.

I've been using this soap about six or seven weeks ago and my skin has never, ever looked so good. Quite honestly, prior to using the soap I didn't have a problem with my skin becoming sore or painful (except when I had a cystic breakout) and although I have mild rosacea, redness wasn't a big problem for me either. I would describe my complexion as being active, and I've always had to take very good care of it. For the first time in my life I am really loving my skin, and its new radiant "peaches and cream" glow, so I thought I'd share the secret of my success with my EDS sisters who have inspired me to try so many other products that I love. Very Happy

Fresh Farmacy sells for $8.25 for a 3.5 oz block -- I cut my block up into little pieces so that I have a new, fresh one to use every few days.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
I think I will go and pick one of these up right now hehehe!
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I ordered some too!
joseibi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Do their products smell really pungent? Everytime I walk by a Lush store the smell gets to me...if the individual products don't smell all that strong I wouldn't mind trying some of them! Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
It so yummy and look like scoop of ice-cream.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
For me, the Fresh Farmacy seemed like a great solution to my acne-prone but very sensitive skin. However, I find that when I use it all over as a soap, it's WAY too drying. What I do is use it to spot-treat acne with a Q-tip. It's great for drying while calming redness at the same time, though it contains SLS and that can be a bit irritating. Still, if anyone else buys it and finds it to be too harsh as an all-over facial soap, hang on to it for the spot treatment benefits!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
The Fresh Farmacy soap does have a fragrance, although I would describe it as a very mild, lightly medicinal smell.

My skin is somewhat sensitive (i.e., rosacea) but I've noticed from reading these boards that there are a number of products that I can use that other people with sensitive skin can't. After I wash with the soap I always immediately follow with moisturizer and emu oil, while my skin is still slightly damp.

I'd love it if this review was able to help someone else. I'm so happy to be finally happy with my skin!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
I love the smell (it's really mild but yummy) but I find Fresh Farmacy pretty drying in my non-oily areas . I suppose I could try using it just on my t-zone, but using different cleansers on different parts of my face is a PITA. I'd recommend trying to get a sample before committing. A sliver can last for weeks. Although, for a cleanser, it's pretty cheap, so if you don't like it, you're only out like 6 bucks.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |