Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Nude Skincare, anyone else excited?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
The Nude line of high-end skincare products, created by Bryan Meehan, is free of every questionable chemical (think sulfates, parabens, pthalates, mineral oil, and silicones) found in most non-natural cosmetics. And they're packaged in chic, recyclable bottles made from 40% post-industrial recycled plastic that's been printed with non-toxic inks.

The line will be available at Whole Foods Markets in March 2008.

Nude Skincare

Its obviously a luxury line as the prices suggest but, its been getting a lot of great reviews. I like the "green" aspect of the company, the ingredients look very promising too. I especially want to try the Cleansing oil, its next on my list.

Anyone else lemming?

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
joseibi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
I just read about it in the latest issue of Allure magazine and it sounds great!!!! Hope it's easy to buy in Canada. Sometimes it's so discouraging when you see a brand you really want and they either don't ship outside of the US or is 2x the price in Canada despite our stronger dollar against the US$! Wink
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Thats why EDS should carry it! Wink

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
Wow....those prices are insane! What a shame, I would like to try them out.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, they are on the pricey side, while I would prefer for them to be cheaper, they seem to be worth their pricetag.

tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm also interested in checking into this. I know there's a famous person involved with this line (I think it was mentioned in the Oct Allure mag?), but why do they have to make it so $$$ if it's good for the environment and people? Wouldn't you want MORE people to use it?

I'm also interested in the Josie Maran cosmetics line. Once again, natural, organic, and environmentally friendly packaging.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
I'm also interested in checking into this. I know there's a famous person involved with this line (I think it was mentioned in the Oct Allure mag?), but why do they have to make it so $$$ if it's good for the environment and people? Wouldn't you want MORE people to use it?

I'm also interested in the Josie Maran cosmetics line. Once again, natural, organic, and environmentally friendly packaging.

I know! I guess when you think about it though, it is more costly to make organic/natural skincare, plus it is suppose to be an upscale brand. Its like buying organic food, its always almost twice the cost of non-organic! Confused

I havent heard of Josie Maran before, I'll have to look into it.

scuzan
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
This line looks pretty good. If it is easy to buy in US, I would try them.
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
OK, first of all there is no such thing as "organic" cosmetics. At least not yet. It hasn't been legally defined or certified by any governing body at this time. Anyone that claims they have an "organic" cosmetic product is simply lying (at this time) for their own benefit.

Now, this leads to the answer on why the products are so expensive. Yes, it is true that using natural CHEMICALS (yes, everything IS a "chemical") can cost a little more. But, and this is important, they don't cost a LOT more like these consumer prices suggest. The reason is staring you all right in the face. You are all anxious to get natural cosmetics and will do almost anything to try them. Companies like this know this and simply charge HUGE prices....because they can...and you'll buy it on desire/impulse. That's it, and sometimes the truth hurts, but I know cosmetic ingredient pricing, and those retail prices are outrageous...

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
John C. Hill wrote:
OK, first of all there is no such thing as "organic" cosmetics. At least not yet. It hasn't been legally defined or certified by any governing body at this time. Anyone that claims they have an "organic" cosmetic product is simply lying (at this time) for their own benefit.

Now, this leads to the answer on why the products are so expensive. Yes, it is true that using natural CHEMICALS (yes, everything IS a "chemical") can cost a little more. But, and this is important, they don't cost a LOT more like these consumer prices suggest. The reason is staring you all right in the face. You are all anxious to get natural cosmetics and will do almost anything to try them. Companies like this know this and simply charge HUGE prices....because they can...and you'll buy it on desire/impulse. That's it, and sometimes the truth hurts, but I know cosmetic ingredient pricing, and those retail prices are outrageous...

John

Thanks for your opinion but, remember that its not the only one that exists. You should also point out that EVERY company adds a markup to their products, even your company! Its called profit. While some are higher than others, I think that most people know that they are paying for the name and packaging, not just the product inside. Why else do women continue to pay for name brands? Attention to detail, quality, results and yes, even status. Let me also say, yes, there are companies that charge a lot of money for crap and companies that sell decent products at an affordable price. Its all a personal choice what people decide to spend their money on. I think that maybe you might want to stop assuming that we are all mindless, uninformed consumers. Besides, isn't outrageous pricing totally relative?

Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
I believe that some products are purer than others. I think we can call everything a chemical, but some have more question marks to them than others. I tried some samples of Nude and like with many natural brands; I was not swept off my feet to start with, but I got to try more samples and really like some of the products. I think it is a good mixture of natural ingredients (or lets call it free from questionable ingredients) and anti aging benefits. It is not cheap, but then again, the best skin care rarely is. I have tried all the drugstore cult products and I have yet to find one that I like...
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
All I'm trying to say in this thread is that if there was ever a case for "let the buyer beware" this is it. Just be a smart, informed consumer and you can save a lot of money. You can and will find companies that make just enough profit to stay in business and grow slowly...versus...becoming and remaining a multi-billion dollar a year conglomeration.

John

*edited by moderators to remove self promotion content*

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have just yet to see ANY company or product that you have had anything good to say about, other than your own. I'm not arguing with you, there would be no point, I'm just saying that it gets very old when you talk to us with such a condescending tone. Having said that, I haven't tried their products. If they turn out to be over-priced poo then fine. But, a high price tag doesnt always prove to conceal bad formulations.

John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
How about Osea "Ocean Lotion". I had a person here on the board ask about this one. I bought a bottle and tried it after reading a fine ingredients list that peaked my interest. I turned out to be a fantastic moisturizing lotion.

I have recommended Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion over and over again as a great dry skin lotion. It is great for 24 hour moisturization.

Osea is fairly high priced. Gold Bond is WalMart "inexpensive", but they are both great in my opinion, and I don't make either one.

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Why would you put cinnamon oil in a cleanser designed for sensitive skin?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks John. I appreciate the reminder that sometimes things arn't what they seem. I've always been suspicious of the 'organic' tagline. And thanks again for the Goldbond rec. Love it.
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I believe it is their attempt at a "natural preservative". I have some cinnamon based natural preservative here from Lonza, but we found out in microbial testing that it is not effective at stopping bacterial growth (which is the case for almost all the so called natural preservatives).

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
John, I understand there's no standard for "organic" in cosmetics and skincare, yet standards exist for what constitutes organic product in agriculture and food. If a skincare/beauty product is made up with certified organic ingredients [Oregon Tilth vs. USDA], then wouldn't it follow that the product is indeed organic as advertised?

Athena

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Well here is the "catch22" to that question. And, it is the main reason that there is no certification for "organic" in cosmetic products.

Question: What is the definition of "organic" when it comes to cosmetic ingredients and products, AND be as specific and complete in detail as possible.

...OK, try to answer that question....

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:50 am      Reply with quote
JCH:

For the last time, those of us who are interested in "organic" products or "natural" skincare are NOT interested in the legal/technical definition of those terms or lack thereof. What we ARE interested in is avoiding products that contain harsh surfactants, petrochemicals, and animal-by-products. We are also interested in financially supporting companies who strive for responsible environmental practices. We use terms such as "organic" and "natural" to refer to these sorts of companies and products. You have made it abundantly clear that you look down on these sorts of companies and products and frankly, I'm tired of being disparaged and called an "uneducated consumer" because of what I choose to purchase.

As I have said before, if you do not have anything germane to add and are only going to disparage, kindly move on to another topic and let those of us who are striving to pursue a more environmentally-focused lifestyle do it in peace.

Is that specific, detailed, and clear enough?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Nope, not at all. I was saving THIS example directly for you. You will love it!

The main company that I work for gets jojoba seed from all over the Senora desert near Phoenix. We were contacted by some jojoba farm growers south of Phoenix offering their "organic" grown jojoba for a rather high price. Our technical team (including me) went down there to check it out. As we got near the farm we noticed that the local land fill area was just 1 mile north of the farm. At the farm they gave us all the details on how they follow organic growing proceedures, etc. We looked at a gas chromatograph print out of the fatty acid profile and ester composition of their oil, and it fit exactly into our specifications for jojoba oil that we sell. But, the price was too high so we parted on friendly terms.

However, on the way back our manager stopped at the local city office building and inquired about the "water aquifer" for the area. We did not mention why we needed to know. We were told that the aquifer runs north to south through the city which means the water runs right under the land fill and directly to the "organic" jojoba farm. At that point we wanted nothing to do with that so called "organic" farm.

Now what really turns us off about this whole organic concept is where we do get our jojoba seed from. We get ours from workers who go out into the desert and pick the naturlly growing seed right out where it grows. Now THAT is as natural as you can get! BUT, according to the proposed rules for organic cosmetic raw materials, we would not be able to call our seed "organic" because we did not "farm" it under "organic" conditions. As if "mother nature" wasn't good enough!!

So our company has refused to jump on this bandwagon because of the "inside" information we know about in this industry. To be quite honest, "organic" is just sales pitch being used by companies to increase sales.

I'm not being smart-assed about this or anything of the type. But, I am giving you some inside information that you may not be aware of. Do you want to buy jojoba oil that was grown with ground water that came from underneath the local landfill?

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
How much clearer can I be about this? We're not interested in legal definitions. We're not interested in hearing your complaints about the cosmetic industry. And we're certainly not interested in having your scientific "facts" shoved down our throats, especially considering how many times the "irrefutable" information you have tried to foist on us has turned out to be patently false. (I'm reminded of a recent post where you swore up and down that there is not so much as a trace of lead in ANY lipsticks on the market today, and then lo and behold, it turns out there IS lead.)

It boils down to this: You are interested in different products and different ingredients than we are. Chalk it up to differences of opinion and move on. Instead of disparaging and muckraking, kindly leave us and our unscientific threads alone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I believe The Body Deli out of CA is an organic skin care company. Smile

Quote:
The Body Deli’s philosophy is based on the idea that living plants contain the vital energy and nutrients that rejuvenates the skin and body. Our products are not only natural, but they are “living" as well!

Our fresh, natural and chemical free concept is based upon the belief that today’s health conscience customers will appreciate The Body Deli’s products as a new, healthier alternative. It is this approach that sets us apart from other skin care companies.

Your skin is your body’s largest organ and whatever is applied to it is absorbed into your blood stream. Chemical absorption through the skin is a scientific reality and a legitimate health concern. Certainly, the long term damaging affects of unrealized chemical absorption from the use of chemical laced cosmetics can only defeat the very purpose for which these skin care products were intended. Applying this knowledge to our chemical free policy, in recognition of the harm chemicals can do by way of absorption through the skin, is what makes The Body Deli products so unique.

The best comparison in explaining the difference between The Body Deli’s products and other cosmetic products on the market is to point out the difference between fresh harvested Fruits and Vegetables to canned food. Canned foods can sustain your body, but not in the same wholesome way that fresh, chemical free fruits and vegetables do. The mass majority of cosmetics on the market are “canned food”, meaning that these cosmetics have been processed with heat and treated with heavy chemical preservative systems and other toxic chemicals, rendering the valuable health enhancing elements depleted and/or essentially dead.

“Fresh Food For The Skin” is our focus. This idea includes the use of refrigerated deli cases to store and display our products. The refrigeration aspect further reinforces the perspective that our customers are buying products that are the freshest available.

Research has shown that in the absence of chemical preservative systems, plant derived vitamins, minerals, enzymes and nutrients only hold their potency anywhere from 3 to 12 months from the moment of harvest. Therefore, we have developed our production around the idea that making product in small batches is the best way to control quality, freshness and the vitality of our products. We are certain that the extra effort it takes for us to manufacture and market a consistently high quality fresh product in a time sensitive manner will be rewarded with an ever increasing number of satisfied, loyal customers.
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it is a difference of opinion manslayerliz. So, I bow down to you and since this is indeed a free counrty, you can continue to make rich whoever you chose based on the information that you have in front of you.

John

ps Please don't take my previous quotes out of context. All good chemists know that their is virtually a "detectable amount" of every element in everything. But, parts per billion and even parts per million are acceptable "trace" levels that can be called "none" for all intents and purposes. There is probably parts per billion lead, mercury and arsenic in every "organic" food out there. In this context, I suspect that you would also call that "none".

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
John C. Hill wrote:
Nope, not at all. I was saving THIS example directly for you. You will love it! John

Check out the ego on you!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |