Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
T3 Ionic blowdryer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
joseibi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone here have the T3 ionic blowdryer they sell at Sephora? I have heard great things about it - quiet, lightweight and dries super quick without frizz. It's more than Cdn $200 and I wonder if it's really worth it.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Check around - look at reviews on Makeup Alley. I'd shop for a better price.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
I know nothing about the blow dryer mentioned. However, I took carekates advice and purchased the BabyLiss Pro 5000. The BabyLiss is less expensive then the T3 but does an outstanding job. My hair drys almost too fast, no static electricity and very shiny. LOVE IT!!!!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=25709&highlight=blowdryer

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
joseibi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your feedback, ladies! Very Happy

I read good reviews on MUA so I was very inclined to shell out $200 for it. I think I will put it on my wish list for Christmas! But if the Babyliss one is just as good I would get that instead since I can just buy it at the salon I go to instead of getting it from Sephora. Wink
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Check ebay...there might be some out there with good prices.
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I have the featherlite hair dryer as well as the flat iron. I actually found it in the Uk which was cheaper than in Sephora.

I have had it for 2 years or so, without any problems, along with their brushes, which I got for free.

I noticed that my hair is shiner, softer, and less prone to damage. With a normal hairdryer, my hair would frizz and basically fry. Since I have used the T3 series, I no longer get that, and my hair seems to be healthier. If you style your hair everyday, or often enough, I definitely recommend buying it!!!!

I bought the travel one from Sephora, but had to return it because from the moment I got it, there were blue flames inside, which didn`t seem right. Shop around, they are priced differently, but overall, I would buy them again. My hair is very thankful!!!!!
LazyFrog
5% products discount

Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I read thread winnie was mentioning too and I am also planning on buying a BabyLiss.. my hair is so processed and dry and I'm at the point that I would try anything to make it better...
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I've never tried that hair dryer, I just can't justify spending that much on it if I haven't been able to test it out. I've been really happy with the results I've gotten from my Bed Head hair dryer (as well as flat iron). It uses ionic technology and tourmaline, which pretty much zaps the frizz. Now, if only my hair weren't so curly I wouldn't have to bother with the extra step of using the straightener...
mauiskychick

Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I recently purchased the Evolution T3 dryer and love it!! I have thick, frizzy hair that takes forever to dry and this dryer works quickly and makes my hair look smoother and healthier than anything I've used. I also have the diffuser which works great. I found a beauty supply site online and had my friend who is a licensed cosmetologist order it for me. She said they didn't even ask her for her license, so I'm thinking someone could try it and post what happens. They had a special when I ordered where you got a free curling iron with the purchase of the dryer. I got the dryer ($300 at Sephora) and the curling iron ($215 at Sephora) for $220 plus around $10 for shipping. What a deal!! The diffuser is $20 from them. I have since ordered other items with no problem. Also if you do purchase one of these on Ebay or Amazon, be aware that they may not honor the warranty. A friend of mine got hers on Amazon and they said that it wasn't purchased from an authorized dealer and wouldn't honor the warranty. The company I got mine from is an authorized dealer. Here is their website, since I'm new I am unable to post a link, but just add the www at the beginning and com at the end to get there :
ibbbeautysupply
LazyFrog
5% products discount

Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
mauiskychick wrote:
I recently purchased the Evolution T3 dryer and love it!! I have thick, frizzy hair that takes forever to dry and this dryer works quickly and makes my hair look smoother and healthier than anything I've used. I also have the diffuser which works great. I found a beauty supply site online and had my friend who is a licensed cosmetologist order it for me. She said they didn't even ask her for her license, so I'm thinking someone could try it and post what happens. They had a special when I ordered where you got a free curling iron with the purchase of the dryer. I got the dryer ($300 at Sephora) and the curling iron ($215 at Sephora) for $220 plus around $10 for shipping. What a deal!! The diffuser is $20 from them. I have since ordered other items with no problem. Also if you do purchase one of these on Ebay or Amazon, be aware that they may not honor the warranty. A friend of mine got hers on Amazon and they said that it wasn't purchased from an authorized dealer and wouldn't honor the warranty. The company I got mine from is an authorized dealer. Here is their website, since I'm new I am unable to post a link, but just add the www at the beginning and com at the end to get there :
ibbbeautysupply

sounds good, thanks for the info, i'll check it out..
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Another vote for the Babyliss 5000. I bought mine off ebay (it cost about 80 dollars including the shipping fee). I didn't really believe that it would be anything more than a good dryer. I still don't understand the science behind how it is supposed to work, but the bottom line is, it really does. My hair is fine and slightly wavy, but thick. The Babyliss dries my hair in about half to two thirds of the time that my trusty old drugstore dryer used. And it really is markedly shinier. Even my non-observant husband noticed. I haven't tried the T-3, but if it's based on the same technology, I doubt it's worth more than double the price.
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
I have the T3 Evolution (got it off Ebay for around $120 I think) and have been using it for the past 6-8 months or so. I really like it for the fact that it does dry my hair a lot more quickly than my old hair dryers. I can't say that I've noticed a ton less frizz than before but my hair is really frizzy by nature. However, I also got the diffuser so when I use the right products then blow-dry with the Evolution using the diffuser attachment I do get nice, wavy, mostly frizz-free hair and quickly to boot.

As a side note, I was at TJ Maxx this weekend and saw a BaByliss tourmaline hairdryer for $40 (the PRO TT, not sure how comparable this is to the Pro 5000 everyone raves about) and had to get it to see how it compares to the Evolution and if it's decent it will be nice to have a second hair dryer as a back up.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I WANT IT!!! But sadly, I live in Canada. Sad
gailbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered my Babyliss 5000 on Ebay!!! Can't wait. Very Happy
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Yet another vote for the Babyliss 5000. I bought mine off ebay also - very reasonable and included a mini travel dryer (which I have not tried).

Based on reviews my expectations were that it would dry quicker and my hair would have more shine and I was not disapppointed. My hair is thick and tends to be frizzy. The Babyliss dries my hair in about half the time than my previous dryer -and it was not a cheapy.

Like Flitcraft I can't imagine the T3 is worth more than double the price. But I sure don't know - haven't compared.
Bottom line: a good hairdryer is a worthwhile investment. And a good flatiron! For us frizzy girls!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
I know nothing about the blow dryer mentioned. However, I took carekates advice and purchased the BabyLiss Pro 5000. The BabyLiss is less expensive then the T3 but does an outstanding job. My hair drys almost too fast, no static electricity and very shiny. LOVE IT!!!!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=25709&highlight=blowdryer
Babyliss isn't good at all! I have the Bespoke labs TS and it is awesome! Super light, quiet and doesn't damage your hair at all! I gave up on hair dryers as all they did was fry your hair. Try Folica.com you won't find cheaper anywhere else!
samkaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I recently purchased the T3 Evolution off E-Bay for approximately $200 Cdn. It is an AMAZING dryer. I have to say my hair is shinier and looks healthier and stays that way between washings. I can only attribute this new bounce to the dryer as all else has remained same. My blowdry always looks salon fresh. I love it!!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
gailbaby wrote:
Folica.com ships to Canada, I live there and order stuff all the time. 3 days to ship!
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
bugaboo, did you compare the T3 and Babyliss yourself? Why do you think it's not good?
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
melanie haber wrote:
bugaboo, did you compare the T3 and Babyliss yourself? Why do you think it's not good?
Yes, I have both. Babyliss is just like a regular hair dryer, T3 is so quiet and light that I don't mind drying my hair and it doesn't take long at all. Hair is left shiny and silky, I don't even need a hair straightener to get the smooth look! I didn't think it was possible either but apparently those other hair tools that are cheaper are just coated in ceramic or tourmaline where as the more expensive ones are solid ceramic/tourmaline heat cores. Folica.com posts reviews by customers on their products are they are refundable too!
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:12 am      Reply with quote
So the T3 really has a better effect on your hair than the Babyliss?

I have expereinced good effect from the Bl, but "more of that effect" might be nice! (if i ever want to spend more $)
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Is the T3 good for people with really fine straight hair? My hair is fine and I don't have a lot of it so I'm afraid the T3 will make my hair look even flatter and thinner. I've read some reviews on MUA that claim it might happen. I wanna make sure before purchasing it. TIA!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Is the T3 good for people with really fine straight hair? My hair is fine and I don't have a lot of it so I'm afraid the T3 will make my hair look even flatter and thinner. I've read some reviews on MUA that claim it might happen. I wanna make sure before purchasing it. TIA!
I think it is good for fine hair as mine is fine but the dryer doesn't whip your hair around like other regular dryers that use high speeds and heat to dry your hair out which also makes it frizzy. My hair looks lush and full after the T3 and its not a typical gimmick one.
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:07 am      Reply with quote
I also have fine hair, and the main reason why I invested in T3 was so my hair would not get so damaged (normal hairdryers fry my hair, resulting in chick-like fuzz). I have been using the T3 for two years now and I have less split ends (hardly any) while using the dryer everyday. It does add bounce and shine to your hair, and it keeps it healthy.
I recommend it 100%. It does make a noticable difference.
CleanSkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
gailbaby wrote:

Same here, but it's way overpriced still.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |