Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
What mascara do you use East Asian gals?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone:

I have been searching high and low for a mascara for my typical east-Asian lashes. I'll list all the mascaras I've tried over the last few years but I'm currently using a combination that is OK but it takes such a long time to achieve the results. I'm currently using Shiseido eyelash curler, Shiseido Mascara Base, followed by Maybelline Soft and Full, and finished with Marcelle Healthy Lash mascara for some added length. I'm generally really happy with the results of all these products, but it takes much longer then I want to spend every morning.

Here is the list of mascaras I've tried:

Max Factor 2000 (waterproof): I used this from when I was in the my teens up to about 4 years ago because Max Factor is no longer available in Canada.

Clinique Naturally Glossy: I loved the deep dark color of this mascara and I liked the fact that it kept my eyelashes soft, but it just didn't give me enough oomph (even with Mascara Base under it).

Shu Uemara Fibre Extension: I found this mascara too thick.

L'Oreal Telescopic: Yikes! The worst mascara I've tried in a while. The comb brush didn't work for me and it was sooooo clumpy.

Rimmel Magnifier: The immediate effects were OK but I found my lashes didn't last during the day--almost as if the product disappeared as the day went on so I was inevitably left with limp, non-existant lashes.

Maybelline Lash Discovery (waterproof): I thought I would like this for the small brush and the great reviews on MUA but it was really clumpy on me.

Shiseido Lift: I'm not too fond of Shiseido mascaras because they're so darn hard to wash off. They are definitely waterproof but I'm sure the formula isn't good for my lashes.

Lancome Virtuose: This didn't work for me. It left my lashes feeling very hard and made my lashes stick together. Plus, it was impossible to remove.

What I'm looking for: A jet black mascara that defines and lengthens my lashes while leaving them soft. My lashes also have a hard time keeping a curl so I'm looking for something lighter so that my curl isn't weighed down. I'm not as interested in thick lashes because thickening mascaras almost always end up clumpy on me--especially because I wear so many coats of mascara to get my desired effect. I'm somewhat indifferent between waterproof and regular formulas but I try to avoid wearing waterproof because they do tend to be drying.

I don't mind buying online or at department stores so if some of you with similar problems buy your mascara at Sasa or other online stores, I'd love to hear some recommendations.

Thanks.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I am Chinese and although I havent tried as many mascaras as you---only a few Maybelline ones, Lancome and L'oreal...
I cant say this is my HG mascara but I have bought several YSL faux cils mascaras, as they make my lashes look so long and full. Just one layer makes my eyes more alert and open but not too OTT. But I use Shu Uemura's eye lash curler as I find that the Shiseido ones piches my eyelids and doesnt properly curl my lashes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:30 am      Reply with quote
My sister swears by Lancome Extencils, but these aren't available any more (though you may get lucky and find them on ebay but not in black). I think the replacement one is called Definicils, which I tried and was not that impressed. However my lashes aren't as long as hers.

I am using the Max Factor Lash Perfection, and am pretty happy with it. When it was new, there was not any clumping. Now that it's getting older and drying out, it's easier to clump. So I guess it's time for a replacement. I don't use mascara often (I don't usually wear makeup), so I sometimes only use mascara once every 2 months. I get tired of buying a new mascara every time I want to wear makeup. :-P

I tried the Clinique Naturally Glossy one you mentioned and liked it, too. It didn't clump on it. It didn't give me too much extra length, but it was still a nice mascara.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Maybelline Volum Express and I think it's pretty good. It gives it length and volume without smudging or clumping too much. I tried Lancome too but can't find much of a difference.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I like Chanel Inmitable. It DOES curl lashes on its own (results depend on your lashes and this one is the best out of all the others that claim to do the same). However I don't see that much of a difference when I use a curler - so I recommend this to be used without one, but it's up to you. Gives very subtle natural results, lengthens up a bit but definitely very little volume so keep that in mind. But I think this will be good if you're using Shiseido's base underneath curled lashes.
cindy67
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:33 am      Reply with quote
You should try Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effect Faux Cils. It's very effective . Remember not to pump the wand into the tube or the mascara will dry up very fast. Normally one application is enough to get the desired effect.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I am Chinese and don't have super straight eyelashes, so all I need is volume. I like Lancome's Hypnose. Laneige also makes a very nice mascara and curls, volumizes and lengthens very nicely.
mjlover
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
i find that you need to use those thick ones - like diorshow but i find that if you use a metal lash comb you can get rid of any clumps. I wont use mascara without my lash comb now. Must be metal though ... the plastic ones dont work.
Mrs.athena
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using Covergirl Lash Exact Mascara. It's pretty good. It makes my eyelash curl and a but thick. waterproof but easy to wash it off
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |