Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

OMG -Proclaim Olive Spray-On Glosser (for hair) at Sally
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
I just went to Sally to buy the Bored Straight that NCN recommended, but when I went to pay for it, I asked the cashier if she thought it would be good for my dry, frizzy hair. She took one look at my hair, and handed me "Proclaim Olive Spray-On Glosser" made with Olive Oil. She said this would be better. She said the Bored Straight is like mousse and it would make my hair too stiff. So I bought the Proclaim. I couldn't wait for my next wash to try it since I just washed it this morning, and so I tried to spray it on my dry hair. I sprayed it all over lifting hair up in sections to ensure that I got the glosser all over my hair inside and outside. Then I used my iTech hair brushes and the Babyliss Pro TT 5500 to blowdry my hair. Holy cow! I could not believe. My hair fell in to place like a well-behaved child. It got soft and silky. The wavy part by my shoulders just behind my left ear is gone! This has been my major problem for some time since the shortest part of my hair layers grew to shoulder length or so. It started to brush against the shoulders and curled up. It's completely straight now. All it took was 15 minutes. I only blowdried in 2 sections. This stuff is just too awesome not to share. Right now it's on sale for $4.99, but the normal price is $7.49, so it's not that bad. It comes in a 12 fl oz bottle. I am so glad I got it. Very Happy

Here's a pic for you to see the results:
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to add that this thing smells so good. Oh and I didn't use the Chi Silk Infusion at all today after washing my hair or when I used the Proclaim to test drive it.
PS: You can see the bottle of the proclaim in the picture on the counter behind me. It is a clear tall spray bottle with the green cap and green band with the word "Proclaim" across it.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Awww, youre ao cute bkkgirl, your hair looks great too!

Do you mind posting the ingredients?

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:02 am      Reply with quote
You lucky girl you have beautiful long hair Smile
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Vonstella, and Northerngirl. I've been struggling with my hair for so many months. Last night almost felt like a liberation. I got tired of struggling with my unruly wavy hair, such that when I was in a hurry, I would just tie it up. So that had been my hairstyle for the past several months. But with this glosser, I think I'll try to be more diligent about styling. The Pro TT 5500 is really helpful, too. I didn't realize a good hair dryer is important and makes my life so much easier. Not to forget some good hairbrushes, too! Thanks to Carrie for recommending them.

When I get home, I'll list out the ingredients for you. If I read it correctly, it seems there's a minimal cones in it (maybe #5 on the list). There're tons of natural oils in it. It's alcohol free, which is very nice. Today my hair is not as flat as last night since I slept on it, but there is still no huge wave. There's a bit more body, but overall I am still having a good hair day.
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Wow BBKgirl,
You are beautiful ! And the shine is spectacular. Wish we had a before.Your long hair is so stunning.Love finding great products and on sale too. whoohoo
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Olive Fruit Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Wheat Germ Oil, Canola Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Castor Seed Oil, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Citronellol.

NOTE: Where they listed some scientific terms and a parenthesis in common names I recognize better, I opted to list just the common names, not both. Like Olea Europaea (Olive), I just went with Olive.

Wow - lots of ingredients. I felt like I was reading Greek. lol

Thank you, Skin Care Addict. You're very kind. Yes, it's definitely nice to find this product on sale. Very Happy
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Your hair looks great bkkgirl and so do you!!! I'm picking some up the next time I go to Salli's. The Bored Straight that I told you about does dry stiff, but when you brush it out, the stiffness goes away. The reason I like it so much is that you don't need to use a blow dryer or flat iron BUT you do have to have the time to let your hair dry naturally. Once it dries, and you brush out the stiffness, you get POKER straight, healthy, thick hair. I'm wondering how Proclaim would make my hair look if I sprayed it on afterward. Is that something I could do or does your hair need to be damp to use it? Thanks!!! Nanci
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
NCN wrote:
Your hair looks great bkkgirl and so do you!!! I'm picking some up the next time I go to Salli's. The Bored Straight that I told you about does dry stiff, but when you brush it out, the stiffness goes away. The reason I like it so much is that you don't need to use a blow dryer or flat iron BUT you do have to have the time to let your hair dry naturally. Once it dries, and you brush out the stiffness, you get POKER straight, healthy, thick hair. I'm wondering how Proclaim would make my hair look if I sprayed it on afterward. Is that something I could do or does your hair need to be damp to use it? Thanks!!! Nanci

Thank you, Nanci. You're so sweet. Very Happy I didn't realize that I didn't have to blowdry with bored straight. This means I have to go back to Sally's and get it. lol I don't want to always have to blowdry my hair. But do you think it will get the wavy part of my hair (behind my left ear) to be straight, too? Does it make your hair feel soft after you comb out the stiffness?

For Proclaim, you don't have to have damp hair to use it. I used it when my hair was dry, but I blowdry it to get the heat to make my hair behave itself. The result was straight, silky, soft hair. I will try to shampoo and then use it on damp hair. Dare I try without blowdrying? Hmm...maybe not yet. lol
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi bkkgirl! Well I guess you and I are both going to Salli's REAL soon!!!! My hair is naturally wavy but even when I blow dry it straight, I still get some wave (under curl) at the ends. I wear my hair behind one ear too and even that's poker straight when I use Bored Straight so I'm betting it will work for you. It doesn't make my hair feel as silky as some products, in fact once my hair is dry and I brush out the stiffness, there is a section of hair (the front section that I don't keep behind my ear) that I add extra product to. That's why I'm excited that I can use Proclaim on dry hair - thanks for letting me know! I can't wait to try it because it sounds like a winning combination.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Nanci, thank you again. I will have to go back to Salli's tonight and get Bored Straight (the one near me sells it for a buck more but still very nice price). I think it will be a great combo with the Proclaim. I refrained from washing my hair this morning because I want to try the bored straight after I wash my hair. I like the fact that you can use it without blowdrying your hair.

I wonder if Bored Straight leaves a lot of build-up, Nanci? What has been your experience in that department?

I tried using the Proclaim on dry hair this morning and just brushed through it, no blowdrying. It doesn't look as nice as the first day. So the first day looked the best. The second day was still nice, and the effect lasted all day. By the third day, I think it's time for another wash. Very Happy
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nanci,
I'm going to Sally Beauty Supply this evening to get Bored Straight. I just want to make sure I use it correctly and don't mess up and blame the product not working. Very Happy So you put the mousse on damp hair and wait for it to dry. Then comb/brush out the stiffness, right? Then you plan to apply the glosser for the shine? I wonder if it would work without the blowdryer.

How do you apply the Bored Straight? From roots to ends? Or just roots and then comb through?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm....found this article that I thought I'd post since it mentioned how to apply Proclaim Glosser:

Quote:
Whether your hair is straight or curly, if the outer layer of each strand is rough and uneven, it allows the inner layer to lose moisture. Thirsty hair then grabs moisture from humid air, resulting in the frizzies. The solution: conditioner, moisturizing styling products and a few tips from the pros.

What makes hair shiny? When the outer layer (cuticle) of the hair shaft lies flat, the even surface can reflect light. Smoothing the outer layer also repels the moisture that causes frizz.
Rinse in Shine

Apply an acidic finishing rinse after you wash your hair. "The acids tighten the outer layer," says hair pro Mark Garrison of Mark Garrison Salon, in New York City. Finishing rinses with cider vinegar or citrus ingredients do the trick. Two to try: Suave Energizing AromaBenefits Citrus & Ginseng Conditioner ($1.79) and Frederic Fekkai Apple Cider Clearing Rinse ($16.50).

Add Extra Gloss
For a mirrorlike finish, try an oil-based shine spray, such as Proclaim Spray On Glosser ($4.99; available at Sally Beauty Supply; for store locations, call 800-275-7255). Turn your head upside down, and apply to dry hair, avoiding the roots.
Note: Steer clear of silicone sprays-they contain drying ingredients that leave a sticky film. You can, however, try a few (3 to 5) drops of liquid silicone or oil-based shine drops, such as Mossimo Lacquered Locks ($6.99 at Target).

Deep-Condition
To protect the outer layer, apply a deep conditioner once a week, twice if you do a lot of sunning or swimming, suggests Los Angeles-based stylist Cheryl Marks. (Sun and chlorine cause tears and splits in the hair shaft.) Try: Bumble and bumble Deeep Treatment ($19; to order, call 800-728-6253).

Before styling damp hair, apply a moisturizing styling cream, such as Pantene Pro-V Get It Straight Smoothing Creme ($7.70). If your hair is wavy to curly, mix it with a few drops of a frizz-fighting serum, such as St. Ives No Frizz Serum ($3.29).

Aim your blow-dryer downward. The direct hit of the airflow will smooth the cuticle. Otherwise, air pushes the cuticle up, causing frizz. Is your hair wavy or curly? A diffuser with built-in "fingertips" will scrunch curls and prevent the airflow from frying your hair. Try Physique Curl Defining Hair Dryer ($24.99).
cindy67
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:16 am      Reply with quote
I also have unruly and very wavy hair after a wash when I don't overexert myself to fix it. Any tips on where to get this online outside of the US ?

Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:43 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Hi Nanci,
I'm going to Sally Beauty Supply this evening to get Bored Straight. I just want to make sure I use it correctly and don't mess up and blame the product not working. Very Happy So you put the mousse on damp hair and wait for it to dry. Then comb/brush out the stiffness, right? Then you plan to apply the glosser for the shine? I wonder if it would work without the blowdryer.

How do you apply the Bored Straight? From roots to ends? Or just roots and then comb through?

Hi bkkgirl, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner! Yes, you put Bored Straight on damp hair. The directions say to start at the roots, but my hair is straight there so I start about 5 inches from the roots. While my hair is drying I recomb it once in a while just to keep it perfectly straight. And once it's completely dry, I just brush out the stiffness. It CAN leave a bit of a build up if you use too much. So it might be a bit of trial and error in the beginning. I didn't make it to Sally's yesterday but hope to today (to get Proclaim). While we're on the subject, another great inexpensive product is Aussie Dual Personality Mousse + Leave-In Conditioner. Silky, soft, shiny hair plus a lot of body. Great stuff!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nanci,

I tried it and must have got the error this morning. LOL I bought the Bored Straight and this morning after I washed my hair (with conditioner only), I proceeded to put the Bored Straight on at the roots in sections trying to cover all areas. Then I brushed it through with my big paddle brush. Then I sprayed on the Glosser and proceeded to blowdry. It didn't turn out right at all. I don't know if it's the combo that didn't work, or if I should have waited for Bored Straight to dry without blowdrying first, and then use the Glosser. My hair feels so sticky right now I think I will have to wash it again when I get home this evening. Embarassed I want to give it one more try, using less, using it away from roots like you said, and not blowdrying. Then use the glosser after that. But I think if it really doesn't work, I can return it. I think they have a 90-day return policy.
By the way, yesterday, at the Sally's near my house, they didn't have the Proclaim Olive Glosser, but they have the Aloe one. I don't know if it will work as good as the Olive one. My co-worker gave me money to pick one up for her, but I didn't want to chance it not being the same like the Olive one, so I returned her money instead.
Thanks so much.
Cherisse
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Oh dear! I don't think you're supposed to blowdry your hair when using Bored Straight. I'm sure it was the combo you did. Your new plan sounds right. Now I can't wait to hear the outcome......
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I'm having a date with my bf tonight, so I won't try my new plan yet. I'll try it this weekend and will let you know next week. (I usually don't get online on weekends.) Very Happy Thank you so much for helping me out. I hope your Sally's has the Olive Glosser, but if they don't, and you decided to try the Aloe one, please let me know how you like it. Very Happy
cindy67
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:22 am      Reply with quote
Found it on Ebay (UK version). Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nanci,
I'm sad to report that I decided not to keep Bored Straight. When I woke up this morning, I reached for my itech paddle brush and saw white stuff on all the bristles and the paddle. I got freaked out that all this stuff is also in my hair. I think it's from the Bored Straight since I didn't see this white stuff coating the brush until now, and I was using it all day to brush off the Bored Straight. Sad That's really too bad that it left so much buildup since it sounds like a nice easy way to get straight hair without heat. Maybe if you already have healthy hair, it'd be ok to use.
Thank you for all your help and explanation.
Hugs,
C
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. And I haven't had the chance to go to Sally's yet for the Proclaim. I'll let you know how it goes for me when I do though. Thanks Cherisse! Nanci
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know why I can't see the picture???
.....I wanna see the picture... stomping feet.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
And I really want to try this Olive glossing spray on my semi-unruly, thick, semi-fuzzy hair.
LazyFrog
5% products discount

Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same hair type, with undercurl.. I saw the previous post on hair and would like to buy the blowdryer and itech brush first..
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I already have the brush - it's great - Yes, I want the dryer too.....
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |