Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Self-Tanning question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Emperor
5% products discount

Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hey guys I posted a tanning question before and I've chosen the self-tanning method, and I have 1 last question.

How much tinting lotion will I need? I mean if I wanna make my whole body tan with that stuff it seems like I'll need a lot wont I? And do I have to make it perfectly even on all areas? Thanks guys for any help!
Emperor
5% products discount

Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Can someone please help me out here...
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:27 am      Reply with quote
Which product have you bought?

Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:27 am      Reply with quote
This is dificult to say because it depends on the product you use I guess.

Try to use it evenly in general but don't use as much on the drier areas (elbows, knees, ankles).

HTH
Mabsy
Emperor
5% products discount

Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have not bought any, I was thinking about buying this, is it any good?

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P32901&shouldPaginate=true

Now let me just be clear, I'm gonna need a big bottle of the tinting stuff to tan my whole body wont I? Will this kit do the trick? Anything you guys would recommend? What about spray tan salons? Thanks again!
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Again,
I posted before regarding self tanning. I am glad you are doing it before the summer is over. I recommended the Alba Botanica Sunless Tanning Lotion. This is a great product, very inexpensive and my favorite so far. I have not tried the St. Tropez line. I didn't prefer the tinted tanners as I found the color really rubbed off on my clothes and sheets at night.
FYI, I didn't have sex so I can't say if it would rub off on your partner. I would say the Alba is a safe bet though!!!

The Alba is 4 oz. and was good for about 10 uses (head to toe). You want to apply thin but evenly & do your whole body. You can reapply each night until you achieve the color you want. I am light skin tone so about 3 times a week maintains my golden glow. Applying self tanner is really a learn as you go procedure. What I mean is that, once the color develops, you will see where you missed a spot and then reapply. The tricky places are ankles, upper arms by your arm pitt. But it is usually not a noticable place unless someone was really looking. Experiment and have fun. Just don't be afraid to use the product. You will love it once you start and it is so great to have a nice glow without the sun.
And remember to wash your hands!!!
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:20 am      Reply with quote
I love St Tropez and find you cant go wrong with it. But thats the small kit right?? Its enough for 1 use...

I'd just buy the normal 240 ml bottle, with that you have lots of applications.

Use your normal exfoliator all over your body, especially elbows and knees. Cover yourself in whatever moisturiser you use. Especially, Elbows, Knees, eyebrows, feet, ankles and hands.

You can just put on the St Topez, it will look patchy but dont worry. Always do the backs of your hands last and then rub moisturiser on your palms. I always rub moisturiser on my toes and around the bottom of my feet when I've put the St Tropez on. Let it dry. after about 15 mins I use the mitt and just buff a little bit (you dont need to do this), then I go to bed and shower it off in the morning.

I always moisturise every day and exfoliate every other day then I add a bit more tan about 4 days after...

Hope this helps.

5% products discount

Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:22 am      Reply with quote
Exfoliator? Moisturizer? What kinds would you recommend? Could you give me your daily routine in all that's neccesary to keep the tan looking it's best? Thanks!
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:39 am      Reply with quote
haha!
Here goes!

I exfoliate with Ecotan exfoliator,or with my decleor exfoliator. Then I cover myself with L'Occitane body cream especially feet, eyebrows, elbows, knees etc, I put on my plastic gloves and starting with legs first chuck on the tan! I do the backs of my hands last. Wait till its dry, then either get dressed and mess about the house all day (as long as the other half isnt around! Wink ) or if I do it at night, go to bed.

Next morning shower, and hey presto...you're tanned. I use my L'Occitane moisturiser morning and night, then exfoliate every other day and about 4 days later do the tan all over again. That way you dont end up with flaky horrible patchy tan!

5% products discount

Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Wow uh that's a lot... have you ever tried spray-on tans? That's starting to sound a lot easier lol.
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:16 am      Reply with quote
Yes I sometimes use a spray on tan called Ecotan. But its no easier, you still have to moisturise and exfoliate...

5% products discount

Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:39 am      Reply with quote
So you moisturize and exfoliate afterwards?

Sorry for having so many questions I'm a guy and frankly have no idea about anything to do with this stuff lol and I really appreciate your help!
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Exfoliate and then moisturise then put the tan on. Moisturise your skin everyday and then exfoliate every other day. After about 4 days when the tan is fading, put on some more just to keep it topped up....

You'll be fine...!

5% products discount

Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Ok well I have sensitive skin, what exfoliating cream/moisturizer would you recommend for a guy with sensitive skin? Thanks a lot for your help I really appreciate it.
Emperor
5% products discount

Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Please help me out with this 1 I wanna get this started!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |