Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Oily Forehead
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I was convinced there was nothing out there to help absorb an oily forehead. But then I ran across all of you knonwledgeable people! Any products you can recommend to keep the greasiness at bay?

TIA
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to EDS LisaAnn! Same problem. I use a bha (salicylic acid) to clean out pores. After I've put on all my products, I then use pearl powder all over. It's great at keeping the oil under control. I think a lot of people have had good luck with mineral make up. HTH.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
cawl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I second using pearl powder, it really helps my face stay matte all day.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I third pearl powder, and I also recommend Jurlique Silk Dust. I find this stuff to be the most potent oil-absorbing powder I've ever come across -- but it works better on fairer complexions as it can leave a slight whitish cast.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi LisaAnn:

Welcome to EDS. I had a real problem with my T-zone getting extremely oily throughout the day. Thanks to this forum I began trying different products to control/correct the oil problem and now have the situation under control. Here's what works for me:

Every night I put 10% Mandelic Acid (Just a very tiny drop) on the T-zone areas only, then I apply a 2% BHA lotion over my entire face (avoiding the eye area - here I use Exfol lotion).

In the Morning I apply the 2% BHA again (After cleansing), wait 30 minutes then apply my other actives finishing with a mattifying pearl powder lotion.

This has really helped to keep the oil production down to a low roar. If I do get a little shiny during the day I mist my pearl powder finishing mist and that freshens up my mineral make-up and takes the shine away within a minute or two.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Decloer Ylang Ylang aromaessence or Jojoba oil: apply a drop to your forehead day and night, both of these really help to keep the oilies at bay.
Also a gentle cleanser, if you use anything too harsh that strips your skin, it will normally compensate by over producing oil.
I also swear by using Witch Hazel as a toner after cleansing, this acts as a gentle astringent.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the welcome.

I'll have to try the pearl then, seems to be a constant for everyone. Any particular place to buy from?

Thanks!
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Speak to the hand Welcome to EDS.

I use Laura Geller's Invisible Oil Blotting Powder. I apply it a couple of times a day on my face and eyelids.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
LisaAnn wrote:
Thank you for the welcome.

I'll have to try the pearl then, seems to be a constant for everyone. Any particular place to buy from?

Thanks!

Hi LisaAnn and welcome! I can also attest to the efficacy of BHA, AHA and pearl powder or paste to keep the oilies at bay. I use product from a home-based company, which isn't supposed to be discussed on this forum. Please feel free to PM me and I'll give you the links where I buy it from.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Athena, PM sent.
fab50
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I really hate to show my ignorance in front of all you fine folks, but what is pearl powder?? Confused Is it similar to rice powder, and if so, which is better? Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Aw, don't worry, fab50! We all started as far less savvy when we were newer members, and only the huge drain of time that a forum can provide is responsible for our current know-it-all status. Very Happy

Pearl powder is made from finely ground up pearls, just like it sounds. There are a few companies that use it, but there are many more home-based businesses that use it. If you want recommendations, I suggest PMing a member such as Athena or myself, since we try not to discuss home-based businesses on this forum.

I believe the idea behind pearl powder is that it is terrific at absorbing oiliness while "adjusting" for less oily parts of your face, such as cheeks. But I'm not really 100% sure, as my oiliness is only moderate and not severe so I've never researched this fully. Can anyone else chime in about what pearl powder is/does?

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
fab50
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, ginnielizz! I guess the answer was really obvious - I've just never actually heard of it before. I've been on this "mission" for about the last 6 months to really try and get my skin in order. I've been moderately successful and one of the things that I decided in this quest of mine, was that I was going to stop wearing any type of foundation. I do think that decision has contributed to my success. Occasionally, I will wear a dash of blush, or the "ever so slight" dusting of powder. But generally, what you see is what you get. It's been very freeing. However, I'm still always on the lookout. After all, I am woman. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:50 am      Reply with quote
fab, pearl powder contains 18 essential kinds of amino acids readily bioavailable to the skin. In addition, like silk powder, it balances itself to your skin and can truly be used by all skin types. It does NOT clog pores and really controls oil. I used to get an oily sheen before noon; now after 9-10 hours of wearing makeup, I look more dewey instead of the oil, greasy trainwreck I used to... Very Happy fab, feel free to PM me if you need to.

And don't be afraid to admit ignorance, how else will you learn? It's the ignorance that chooses to remain ignorant that's very... well... ignorant! Very Happy

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
fab50
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
fab, feel free to PM me if you need to.

Thanks, athena! getting ready to send PM.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
ok, one more "stupid" question - why is the pm that I sent you (athena) in the outbox and not the sentbox? I don't see anywhere in the outbox to send. Crying or Very sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
ok, one more "stupid" question - why is the pm that I sent you (athena) in the outbox and not the sentbox? I don't see anywhere in the outbox to send. Crying or Very sad
This is my first PM, can ya tell?? Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi fab, a PM stays in the outbox until it gets "picked up" by whoever you sent it to. Since I just received it, you'll see it's no longer in outbox and has been moved to your send folder. Laughing

fab50
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
Hi fab, a PM stays in the outbox until it gets "picked up" by whoever you sent it to. Since I just received it, you'll see it's no longer in outbox and has been moved to your send folder. Laughing

ahh...the cobwebs are beginning to clear

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
I was totally confused by the PM system when I first joined here, too, and I still sometimes have trouble with it. I forget to quote the reply and I wind up sending the wrong message to the wrong person ALL THE TIME. Laughing

fab50
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
I was totally confused by the PM system when I first joined here, too, and I still sometimes have trouble with it. I forget to quote the reply and I wind up sending the wrong message to the wrong person ALL THE TIME. Laughing

you guys are too sweet! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have to fourth (or is it fifth Smile ) pearl powder and pearl paste for controlling oil. I buy from the same company as athena and I just love the products. I apply a few drops of jojoba oil, then pearl paste, then pearl powder and I don't have a problem with oily skin at all anymore. I used to carry around those oil absorbing sheets and dab my t-zone constantly, but now I can go the whole day without any shine at all.
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
That's great to hear. Can't wait to try!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for my ignorance as I have been reading about pearl powder and don't know what brand to look for and I am in Canda so I don't know if that limits me on where-to-buy.
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Sending you a pm bugaboo.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |