Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any must try products from SAS? skin actives scientific?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I am making an order for their eyebrow/lash growth serum (rogaine was a bit of a disaster!) and was wondering if there were any other must try products. Though, I was browsing their forum, and their moderation is sort of crazy. You can't say anything negative about their products or your post may be deleted/edited, or you may be banned, that is bananas! I can't trust anything I read over there.
havana8

Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Coconut, maybe try wading through the DIY section here on EDS. I know it's a super long read, but there are lots of SAS mentions... HTH!
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:39 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried their lets make collagen serum? Or tried any of the moisturisers?

Im currently using the i bright cream and antiageing cream and like both. Would like to try some more.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:56 am      Reply with quote
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought you meant SAS skin products like this for a second...

... Laughing
cawl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I am using the 'lets make collagen' serum and really like it besides the smell. There are a lot of good ingredients in the serum, if it actually does anything is hard to tell, but I am happy with my skin's appearance.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:17 am      Reply with quote
Thankyou. Im also interested in their new cream
http://www.skinactives.com/product/detail.aspx?prodID=168

If anyone has tried it yet please let me know. I know it hasnt been out long but even just to know what the texture is like would be good.

I dont really like the forum there. Like others have said only the positive posts dont get deleted. And hannah isnt very personable either.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:54 am      Reply with quote
That is a shame that Hannah isn't personable. I've considered purchasing several different products - DMAE, Anti-aging cream, salicylic acid wash and Let's Make Collagen. Many use these products on the Flex-effect board and love them - great results. Yogi uses them from EDS and likes them also.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:55 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Thankyou. Im also interested in their new cream
http://www.skinactives.com/product/detail.aspx?prodID=168

If anyone has tried it yet please let me know. I know it hasnt been out long but even just to know what the texture is like would be good.

I dont really like the forum there. Like others have said only the positive posts dont get deleted. And hannah isnt very personable either.
\

Terrible if they delete posts they don't like - geez - Why bother posting anything?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:19 am      Reply with quote
That's why I prefer ordering from GOW. Markey's great to deal with, always answers email. The forum's helpful too. She recently added some great anti-aging products.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi Marina - I order from both GOW and SAS.
What prducts do you feel are the best anti agers from GOW that you've used??

has anyone tried the mitrochondria cream from SAS or any other of their newest produts?

Agree with you on the SAS forum - too bad as
objective comments can only help to increase the quality of the products! thx for your help -
DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:07 am      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Hi Marina - I order from both GOW and SAS.
What prducts do you feel are the best anti agers from GOW that you've used??

has anyone tried the mitrochondria cream from SAS or any other of their newest produts?

Agree with you on the SAS forum - too bad as
objective comments can only help to increase the quality of the products! thx for your help -
DiPhx

I like the matrix majik anti-aging serum. I haven't used it long enough to see results but I like the ingredients and that it's easily absorbable (like water) and can be used with any skincare routine. You don't feel it once it's applied. I'm still on the oily side

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/4013927/6210544.htm

The blueberry exfol serum is nice (very mild). I have a sample of this and the cloudberry anti-oxidant serum.I'd like to try the concord grape serum for the resveratrol. All are serums and can be layered.

I was curious about SAS's mitrowhatchmacallit too but I haven't found any reviews and googling it didn't help much.
Mike626

Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I use a number of SAS products, Their CHAS Serum (Complete Hydrophilic Antioxidant Serum with SOD) is a great replacement for Skinceuticals C Serum and a $24 an ounce.

I also like their "Let's Make Collagen" Serum, Rosacea Control Serum and Marine Serum.

I got a free sample of the Mitochondrial Cream. No doubt it is excellent for your skin, but it smells strongly to me of B Vitamins, so I don't think I will be buying it in the future.

SAS also introduced me to Sea Kelp Bioferment, which is just great. However, SAS's SKB is overpriced. SAS Charges $15 for 2oz of SKB and ncnproskincare has exactly the same product for 50% less.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you both Marina and Mike the GOW cream sounds good along with with let's Make Collage serum from SAS. Am trying to get more plumping of my face and get rid of some of those fine lines under the eyes. have been using LED and
ultrasound and they also both help. Thx again
DiPhx

Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Just to note: the "Let's Make Collagen" Serum is very good, but can turn some people off with its somewhat "fishy" smell. I put 6 drops of peach hydrosol into the 1oz bottle and it masks the fishiness very well.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Mike, I just received my sample of Mitochondrial cream and don't have any opinions yet, except that the bright yellow color is surprising.

I love SKB and even use it for hair gel. I'm still buying from SAS, but maybe I should branch out.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
catballou wrote:
Mike, I just received my sample of Mitochondrial cream and don't have any opinions yet, except that the bright yellow color is surprising.

Color might be from CoQ10 or ibenone. I might be wrong..... I don't have an ingredient list in front of me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Most of my skincare comes from skinactives and I love it. The DMAE is outstanding!!!!I am a flexer and can honestly say next to flexing the skinactives have really changed my skin. I bought products in their trio packages to get the big discounts and it allowed me to really try many things. The only product that I haven't been crazy about is the Bright I. Others think it is great but it hasn't done the trick for me. The forum isn't my favorite, but I am there for the products only, and there are several people that post that will give good advice. I guess I am a strange bird but I like the smell of the anti ageing cream and the Mitochondrial cream. I love the yellow color, it gives my skin an extra glow. I don't handle any perfume odors because they give me terrible headaches so the skinactives are more appealing. I use mainly the prepared products but have tried HA w/B5 and really got my skin hydrated.
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I dermarolled over the weekend and it itched like crazy. I know the inflammation is good post roll and I had tried some hydrosols and oil. It was not working and I could not stand it tonight so I put some SAS anti-inflammatory cream on. It was immediate relief.

I am not sure I got much benefit form the Bright I, but I like the "Let's Make Collagen" and the Be Kind Rewind cream.

When I run out, I will try the mitochondrial cream and the coffee cream.

I was not crazy about the CHAS as the polysaccharide left a film on my face. The DMAE did not work for me.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
What is the mitochondrial cream supposed to do?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe this will help understand the cream form skinactives.
http://www.skinactives.com/product/detail.aspx?prodID=167
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Very interesting. Thanks for the link, Toby. I will keep watching this thread to see if anyone gets any visible improvement from this!
TanyaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I ordered many items from SAS . However, Rosehip Oil was a disaster. the web site states that it's "Skin Actives Rosehip Seed Oil is a beautiful, strong pink-orange from the carotenoids extracted with the oil during cold pressing. ". Mine was colorless and smelled like a fish (even my husband asked me :"What's smells like fish in the house?", so it wasn't my paranoia).
Anyway, I wrote to Hannah and she replied that it's OK and it's best oil ever and blah-blah.
So, SAS oil went to the garbage, and I ordered from another place. As of Sea kelp (which I love and can't live without, using it for my hair), I found that ncnproskincare.com sells it twice cheaper. Also, Nanci (the owner) is very nice and supportive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
It is very disappointing what I read about Hanna at SAS. Telling you to keep smelly oil you bought there - Shame on all of that. She should've sent you a new supply. I guess most of the time the orders from there are A-ok but every now and then when it isn't it seems nothing is done to correct it and I have a problem with that situation.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used the mitochondrial cream for any length of time, and if so what have your results been?
lindylass
5% products discount

Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
I use the sea kelp, the anti inflammatory cream, green tea extract, rosehip oil ( didn't have problems with it, thank goodness) These products along with the light stim has greatly improved my eczema. But I will try ncnproskincare for the price.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |