Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Most hydrating eye cream?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cawl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I am looking for an extremely hydrating, moisturizing eye cream. I have fine lines and the 'crows feet' but my biggest problem is that my eye area always look tight and dry so the line are always more pronounced. Currently I am putting a serum around my eyes but I need something more, any suggestions? Thanks
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, maybe you want to use an oil product that has emu or jojoba oil at night. I would use oils as a night treatment or when you're not going out because it's probably not good to use before you put on makeup, etc. I've never used Dr. Emu airbrush for the eye area but that's a consideration.

During the day, I use Jason Cosmetics Ester-C Eye Lift - it is a gel made especially for the sensitive eye area.

Are you using any Vit. C products? That might help. I've found alternating C with GHK copper peptides (C during day; GHK at night) has helped reduce my under eye wrinkles and "crow's feet".

What products have you tried so far and how have they been for you?

*edited by moderator to remove home base business info*

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks lunarmm, I have just recently started using vit c (psf) and I do put it around my eyes, i find this definitely doesn't help with moisturizing, after that I put ACDE around there and sometime finish up with a serum I have from a local organic beauty shop :smt049. I was thinking of using something from Decleor? I really want a thick cream something that sinks in and moisturizes all day.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Have you done any EDS searches? There are a number of threads on eye creams and which are good for what (puffiness, moisturizing, etc.).

I use some Decleor products (mostly the Aromessence's - Neroli & Angelique) and love them - but don't think I wouldn't put them on my eyelids (too strong in essential oils). I haven't tried any Decleor eye creams though. If you do, let me know.

At present, I use a roll-on oil combo at night for extra moisturizing of my eye area. I do it quite a bit before going to bed to let the oil sink into my skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
If you're looking for moisturizing eye cream, Clinique's all about eye (as it has a high share of shea butter), Demalogica's Intensive eye repair, or Burt's Bees repair serum (I use this one only at night though) might be interesting choices for you.

I sometimes use pure rosehip oil to moisturize my eye contours. HTH

5% products discount

Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
cawl wrote:
Thanks lunarmm, I have just recently started using vit c (psf) and I do put it around my eyes, i find this definitely doesn't help with moisturizing, after that I put ACDE around there and sometime finish up with a serum I have from a local organic beauty shop . I was thinking of using something from Decleor? I really want a thick cream something that sinks in and moisturizes all day.

What about Aveda toumaline eye cream? I have used this and it is pretty rich. I heard the Kiehl's avocado eye cream is very moisturizing too but have not used that one...
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
I would recommend Babor Sensational Eyes Eye Cream. My eye area is also dry, but not flaky dry. It just feels tight and slight crepey. I find Babor eye cream to be very moisturizing, yet light in texture and sinks in quickly. It doesn't give milia either unlike other really rich eye creams I've tried. However, during winter time I switch to Shiseido Benefiance Revitalizing Eye Cream which is much heavier in texture and takes a much longer time to sink in, but it does an excellent job at moisturizing. Hope that helps.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
littleprakhem wrote:
If you're looking for moisturizing eye cream, Clinique's all about eye (as it has a high share of shea butter), Demalogica's Intensive eye repair, or Burt's Bees repair serum (I use this one only at night though) might be interesting choices for you.

I sometimes use pure rosehip oil to moisturize my eye contours. HTH

I agree I also use Clinique's all about eye rich and Burt's Bees repair serum. Burt's Bees repair serum is a bit oily so i only use it at night.
cawl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the great feedback on this topic, so many choices....
sissyp
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
So glad I found this thread. I am in the market for a new eye cream too. I love Decleor products and have used the Hydra Floral gel-cream for eyes in the past. It is a light moisturizer great for warmer months but it wasn't as moisturizing as I would have liked. I have also sampled Experience De L'Age Triple Action Eye and lip creme and really liked it. This one is thicker and more moisturizing than the Hydra Floral and worked nicely under makeup. I use the Serum Hydortenseur Eye Contour Firming Serum as well and have liked the results so far. I would recommend using a lotion or creme over the serum for extra moisturizing. All of these products are Decleor.
junassara
5% products discount

Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Kate Somerville Line Release Under Eye Repair and I really like it. I have been using it for 6 monthes and it doesn't cause millia like some eye creams and it is moisturizing. If you contact KS you can get some samples to try to see if you really like it.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Dr Hauschka Eye balm if I need extra moisture and protection around my eye area. It does look a little greasey but I find it good to wear in the winter outside or indoors with dry AC.
scuzan
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
pandora77 wrote:
I like the Dr Hauschka Eye balm if I need extra moisture and protection around my eye area. It does look a little greasey but I find it good to wear in the winter outside or indoors with dry AC.

Thanks for your info. I would like to know if it cuases any white heads on the upper eye lid. Thanks.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think the Dr Hauschka Eye balm would cause any whiteheads however I really only use it on my lower lids, it has not caused me any problems and I find that it helps to condition my eyelashes too!
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
pandora77 wrote:
I don't think the Dr Hauschka Eye balm would cause any whiteheads however I really only use it on my lower lids, it has not caused me any problems and I find that it helps to condition my eyelashes too!

I use either Dr. Hauschka's eye balm or Suki's eye balm, both are great.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:

During the day, I use Jason Cosmetics Ester-C Eye Lift - it is a gel made especially for the sensitive eye area.

Hi lunarm. This product is in my local health shop and I was wondering about trying it.

You recommend?
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:18 am      Reply with quote
hm... now, I think about it, I think the best is the rose hip oil.. I wonder if any type will do.. any suggestion places to get pure rose hip oil? I don't want rose hip seed or something like that... I am really aiming for best rose hip oil

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
hm... now, I think about it, I think the best is the rose hip oil.. I wonder if any type will do.. any suggestion places to get pure rose hip oil? I don't want rose hip seed or something like that... I am really aiming for best rose hip oil

Trilogy Rosehip oil might interest you.I'm using one myself for my face and eye areas. Organic rosehip oil is the signature of this brand.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
HR prodigy is very good.
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Like Trilogy, Kosmea and Eleusian specialize in rosehip oil as well. You can also buy pure rosehip oil from various other companies. I've seen it sold at Whole Foods and other stores that sell organic products, and health food in general. I am personally interested in the Kosmea one. I've had ill luck with Eleusian products.
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
emu oil can be moisturizing, but i find it oily.

believe it or not, i personally liked the elizabeth arden 24 moisture...there is something about it that feels like it is adding water to your skin and plumps it up, but might not be "heavy" enough a moisturizer in terms of oils.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Babor Sensational Eyes

I don't know if one can find an even more moisturizing eye cream! Rolling Eyes
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I think the Cellcosmet eye cream is very moisturizing.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Cellularskin-rx has a nice peptide-based eye cream.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:47 am      Reply with quote
I have very dry skin, and the most hydrating I've ever found is Valmont's Eye & Lip Contour Repair Cream. It's fabulous for lips, too.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |