Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Which essential oils might kill MRSA?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bessie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Along with essential oils, try taking turmeric capsules (or just add turmeric powder to hot water). I heard about it from Earth Clinic. I can't link to it (I'm new) so the address is earthclinic (dot) com. There's an alphabetized page for diseases, go to "M" and scroll down until you see MRSA.

This site has remedies ordinary people recommend - nothing fancy. It's worth a try and just cost pennies. Good luck!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
What about the Wild Mediterranean Oregano Oil? Isn't it supposed to be super effective against all sorts of microbes?
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered some Manuka oil. My mom has a bacterial infection like MRSA.

I've used it before in a mix that I made for redness. Once I used it up I forgot about it until this thread.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
sharky, where did you finally order the manuka from? I looked online today and they didn't want to quote me a price from NZ. It just said $00.00 for 1 item [I thought how nice they want to give it to me for free], but next they wanted $164.00 for shipping. At which point I gave up, do you blame me?
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
existential,

here is a link to the living nature oil. you may want to see if you can get the honey at a local store--i think whole foods carries it.

https://www.livingnature.com/catalog/main.cfm?t=p&r=vw&pid=199&cid=2187

--avalange

ETA: link doesn't work when pasted--click on home, then oils, then manuka oil!

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
existential lady wrote:
sharky, where did you finally order the manuka from? I looked online today and they didn't want to quote me a price from NZ. It just said $00.00 for 1 item [I thought how nice they want to give it to me for free], but next they wanted $164.00 for shipping. At which point I gave up, do you blame me?

You can also order it fromwww.newdirectionsaromatics.com

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered from "living Nature" it was quite reasonable (it said it would take 10-14 days for shipping so I do not have it yet).
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you avalange, carekate and sharky for responding and your suggestions. I think I'll wait for the MERCY body wash and MERCY treatment gel that I ordered from nature' gift and see how that works. And look for the honey at Whole Foods. That should put my mind at ease for a while. It's good to have options.
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Oregano oil is and anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
catmarch

Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
You guys are ingesting the oil? I get it in capsules, so you don't have to taste it.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
I keep hearing about this oil of oregano. I got it today. Wow, powerful stuff. Shock
organic411

Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
There is also a great blend from YL that has:
* Clove
* Lemon
* Cinnamon Bark
* Eucalyptus
* Rosemary
This is a great virus killer, great to take internally and diffuse in your home.
You can get more information about it here:
ylessentialoils . com look for Thieves
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |