Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What Should I Do??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I feel so stupid...........

I played basketball (outdoor)with few of my friends last night and I fell while chasing the ball and scraped my face, my shoulder, my hip, my hand and my knee. I cleaned and put neosporin. You can not imagine how much it hurt.

My question is: Should / Can I put sunscreen on the booboo? My face has a 2" x 1" scrap.

Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
If its a physical SS you should be fine, if its a chemical SS you maybe in a world of hurt after applying it, if the wound is open that is.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:01 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
If its a physical SS you should be fine, if its a chemical SS you maybe in a world of hurt after applying it, if the wound is open that is.

I agree.

I can't imagine how much that would hurt! Eeks! Hope it heals up quickly for ya!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Go with a zinc oxide-based physical sunscreen -- not only will that give you better protection and less pain, but zinc is supposed to have some healing properties too. Hope you get better soon, that really sucks! But at least you were having fun when it happened. Smile

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Ouch!!! Try using diaper rash cream. Sounds weird, but it is designed to be soothing and it has a very high concentration of zinc oxide (check the ingredients) which is an effective physical sunblock. It will give a white cast but I'm sure that isn't a really big issue considering the wound.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your help.

It hurt soooooooo much. This morning I only used warm cloth to wipe my face and pat the scrape. When I apply Neosporin I almost scream. Surprisingly I felt nothing when I put on SkinCeutical Physical SPF 30 Sunscreen. The scrapes on my hand (4 on the knuckles) are deepest and hurt while touching water. The left side of my face is swollen badly (the scrape is on my cheek bone) I don't know if I should take few days off from work.

Now I'm thinking what should I use tonight to remove the sunscreen on my face. Any suggestion?

Yep, we did have lots of fun but........I think I AM REALLY GETTING OLD. My upper body went to the ball but my feet could not catch up with my hands.

I'm prone to hyperpigmentation and hopefully it won't add more to my face.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
How is your battle wound?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
I hope you keep the wounds clean and when they start healing, remember to apply something healing like emu oil and vitamin e. i hope you feel better!

Kris

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
beeb:

I don't know how to thank you for suggesting me to use Baby Diaper Rash Cream.

I fell on my left side Saturday night and got A+D Zinc Oxide (10%) Diaper Rash Cream with Aloe Sunday night. I did not apply A+D Cream until Monday morning. I used Neosporin in between. Monday morning I applied a thick layer on my scrape (face, left cheek) and keep it there for the whole day. I did the same thing on Tuesday. I had a thin scab rim around the scrape but red inside. By Tuesday night the scrape on my face was healed. On Wednesday the scrape began to peel and By Saturday night the peel was gone. The scrape part is still red but the texture is normal. My dad, my husband, my son... every body was so amazed how fast it healed.

I had a deeper scrape on my left shoulder too but I did not pay much attention to it until it real hurt on Thursday. I did the same thing, applied A+D Zinc Oxide Cream on it but put a bandaid on top. 2 days later, thin scab rim around the scrape but red inside and now it's peeling.

One co-worker had a small procedure on her face a week ago but the cut was not healing well. I gave her some A+D Zinc Oxide Cream last Friday and this morning the cut was healed and it's peeling now.

Amazing!!!

beeb, Thank you soooooooooooo much!!! Now I have this A+D Zinc Oxide Cream at home, at my office, and in my purse.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |