Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone else get fun stuff this weekend?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I did some retail therapy this weekend, so shoot me! Here is what I got:

Reorders:
-Dr. H CC mask refill (was out)
-E2 (was running out)
-Alima MMU foundation samples (still looking for my perfect shade, think I found it, yea!)

New purchases:
-Dr. Mist (had to see what the hype was)
-Thymes triple milled soap in Filigree (beautiful saop & scent!)
-Bourjois Baume de Nuit Night Lip Balm (Has become my HG lip balm, Im amazed with the results!)
-I Feel Pretty, Pretty Pearlfection Mattifying Cream
-Parissa Quick & Easy Wax Strips Legs & Body (was able to do my legs and pits easily with 2 strips to spare, great product and deal)
-Opi nail polish in various shades
-Megan Gale Junior Zinc Sunblock (still testing but I like it so far)

OT but I also got a really sweet 13 year old cat named Cali this weekend, she was a stray when my friends parents found her about 10 years ago so they brought her to live at the company they owned, she lived there until they decided to retire. They couldn't take her home due to their dogs so I took her in. She isn't really accustomed to lots of activity or noise so she has stayed in my walk in closet since Friday (DH now refers to her as "Closet Cat" Laughing ).

What did everyone else get?

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Woo-hoo, thanks for sharing about your new goodies VS, and congrats on your newest member of the family. I can't wait to hear more about Cali!

I've been doing a little bit of retail therapy myself. My latest goodies are Decleor Ylang Ylang and Neroli oils (couldn't resist--- LOVE this stuff!), and this gorgeous cape from Ann Taylor which I am just so in love with:

*edited by Mabsy on 24/10 to remove link and instead insert photo to improve thread browsing*

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Wow, You're right that is bitchin'! I bet you look really elegant in it!

Do let me know how you like the Neroli!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Well, must be the season to shop!!
Sounds great about Cali, and the other stuff too.

I went on a spree this morning too and bought a bunch of concealers on Amazon (Vasanti and Dermablend) and Kevyn Aucoin Face Forward book on a whim... I admire KA a lot. I have his second book, Making Faces which I always find very inspiring. Also got some ankle boots from Nine West to go with trousers.
sissyp
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
So good to know I wasn't the only one out there shopping this weekend. I bought Caudalie Vinoperfect Night Correcting Cream on Friday and love it! I am noticing smoother, happier skin every morning. I also purchased the Beauty Elixir which is wonderful. It's a minty spray you can use as a toner or to set makeup, very addictive and a great wake me up in the morning.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't go shopping last weekend but a couple weekends ago I got a great start on a new fall wardrobe, does that count? Very Happy

I love Nordstrom's Rack [3 pairs of fabulous slacks!], Off Fifth Ave and Marshalls but found a couple of new outlet stores I hadn't shopped before.

Calvin Klein outlet store where I paid only $15 USD for a pair of jeans and an adorable grey-checkered fisherman's hat and a couple of short sleeved sweaters for less than $20. Best find of all was a Liz Clairborne outlet store; everything was priced at either 9.99 or 19.99. I purchased two absolutely adorable plaid blazers with a really cute, flattering cut. All in all, I spent a little less than $300 USD and wound up with 3 pairs of slacks, 2 blazers, 2 pairs of CK jeans, 2 short sleeve V neck sweaters, a cardigan, 1 silky tank and the cute little hat.

I must have been looking pretty good because I received all kinds of compliments from strangers this weekend. Smile

Oh, to find a great deal is sweet....

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
I didn't go shopping last weekend but a couple weekends ago I got a great start on a new fall wardrobe, does that count? Very Happy

I love Nordstrom's Rack [3 pairs of fabulous slacks!], Off Fifth Ave and Marshalls but found a couple of new outlet stores I hadn't shopped before.

Calvin Klein outlet store where I paid only $15 USD for a pair of jeans and an adorable grey-checkered fisherman's hat and a couple of short sleeved sweaters for less than $20. Best find of all was a Liz Clairborne outlet store; everything was priced at either 9.99 or 19.99. I purchased two absolutely adorable plaid blazers with a really cute, flattering cut. All in all, I spent a little less than $300 USD and wound up with 3 pairs of slacks, 2 blazers, 2 pairs of CK jeans, 2 short sleeve V neck sweaters, a cardigan, 1 silky tank and the cute little hat.

I must have been looking pretty good because I received all kinds of compliments from strangers this weekend. Smile

Oh, to find a great deal is sweet....

Wow great deals! I need a personal shopper. Bad Grin

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
No kidding Athena! You're my kind of shopper, nothing is better than a great deal. Very Happy

fab50
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I also went shopping this weekend and when I shop, you know it's bad...I HATE shopping. I know, I know, I'm a disgrace to the female gender, but I really do hate to shop. I love buying skincare products and accessories like earrings and handbags, but clothes shopping I absolutely abhor. I went specifically to look for jeans and tops. Didn't find any jeans that fit - they're all too long, too low-cut, and gape in the back - but did find some tops, on sale too...always a bonus as I love a good deal!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
fab50 wrote:
I also went shopping this weekend and when I shop, you know it's bad...I HATE shopping. I know, I know, I'm a disgrace to the female gender, but I really do hate to shop. I love buying skincare products and accessories like earrings and handbags, but clothes shopping I absolutely abhor. I went specifically to look for jeans and tops. Didn't find any jeans that fit - they're all too long, too low-cut, and gape in the back - but did find some tops, on sale too...always a bonus as I love a good deal!

Fab,
Have you triedwww.truejeans.com orwww.zafu.com? They might help with the jean fitting problem.
annieb
5% products discount

Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I'm a newbie here, but not new at all to the world of retail therapy. I can tell you where to find almost anything!
Hubby bought me my first Chanel bag this weekend, I am thrilled! I've never spent that much money on a handbag, no where near. But it is a basic drawstring "bucket", so I can use it for everyday.
And I also ordered the RivitaLash (sp?)
fab50
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

Fab,
Have you triedwww.truejeans.com orwww.zafu.com? They might help with the jean fitting problem.

oooh...thanks for the tip

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
i also ordered some samples from alima this weekend! woo hoo! actually i'm pretty happy with my flawless feline from meow, i think i found a good match for my skin, but after reading raves about the alima shimmer powder i had to try them and also ordered some sample foundations for good measure!

other than that, my only other purchase was a Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser, am trying to find products i can buy at the store instead of online, it's getting a bit too much for my credit card!
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
I just received my Tanda from EDS. I'm dying to try it but I am going out of town for a week. Guess I'll wait. I also purchased Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer with Dermaxly, a variety of mineral eye shadows from the Pure Boutique and some silver earrings. I love the fall craft sales!! I won't even begin to tell about the stuff I feel guilty about purchasing. I went mad with shopping lust.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:11 am      Reply with quote
What a cute thread Vonstella. I have pampered myself too this weekend!

From EDS:
- Alpha Derma CE for my mum but i am stealing some to test
- Decleor Prolagene Gel

Jlynne Cosmetics:
- lip cream in Judy
- samples of Adore Blush and Sugar Blush
- black eye liner sample

Skincare Central
- SVR Sunscreen
- Triple Action Vitamin C Serum

then a new coat, shoes, scarf and necklace!

I feel spoiled Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:15 am      Reply with quote
My sister in law is preggers and her B-Day is coming up so I did some shopping for her and the baby. Got some Bella Mamma Belly Butter for her and a Mustela new baby set for the new arrival. I also got some really cute onesies. I'm sure that sensible moms just buy the cheapest ones that meet the minimum requirements, since they'll just be pooped on and outgrown, but I'm not a mom so I don't have to be sensible Bad Grin
juliejuliejulie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:17 am      Reply with quote
juliejuliejulie wrote:
My sister in law is preggers and her B-Day is coming up so I did some shopping for her and the baby. Got some Bella Mamma Belly Butter for her and a Mustela new baby set for the new arrival. I also got some really cute onesies. I'm sure that sensible moms just buy the cheapest ones that meet the minimum requirements, since they'll just be pooped on and outgrown, but I'm not a mom so I don't have to be sensible Bad Grin

Oh, I almost forgot. I also got some Jane Irdale pressed powder for myself. I guess I can't go shopping w/out getting something for me.

Oh, and a liter of Bumble and Bumble Super Rich, but that's a necessary staple so it really doesn't count. Smile
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:12 am      Reply with quote
This weekend, I went to saks fifth ave and pre-order for this thursday F&F. Here are what I ordered:
- La Prairie Smart eye cream
- la Prairie Contour eye cream
- sisley contour eye cream.
and a splurge of juicy coutoure handbag.....
with discount of 20% off and additional 10% for opening card.

P.S. Saks has F&F 15% on skincare and cosmetic or 20% on others in the store this thursday.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I did! I got Alima mmu: my fave blush (Dianthus), primer samples (great ratings on MUA), and several samples of pearlescent eye shadows in pale colors (trying to find a highlighter like the one Carmindy uses on WNTW).

The came my IFP stuff: cleanser, pearl powder, and bha. Due today is Green Cream and Remergent DNA Repair.

I'll add on in the past couple of weeks I also got 3 new belts from Linea Pelle, a knee length down CK coat from Loehmann's (it's actually fitted in the waist so I won't look like the Michelin man Laughing), and some entertaining kitchen items.

Shopping makes me feel good Wink

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
I did! I got Alima mmu: my fave blush (Dianthus), primer samples (great ratings on MUA), and several samples of pearlescent eye shadows in pale colors (trying to find a highlighter like the one Carmindy uses on WNTW).

I cant stand the fact that she says she "invented" the use of a eye highlighter, I was doing that waaaay before WNTW came on! Look at me gettin all huffy!

She uses Benefits eye bright pencil, although I dont like it when she uses it under the eye, it creases really bad. The pencil is really creamy and is meant to be used on the inner and outer corners of the eyes to make you look awake. Not the best highlighter IMO.

Jemma Kidd colour dust shimmer stick in white gold, its a really nice color.

A MMU option would be Alima Illuminating Shimmer Powder in Nectar, Whisper or Luna, depending on your skintone.

violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I read the title to the thread and I thought, "Why yes, I did get fun stuff this weekend. A fluffy new pillow and a pair of Vans sneakers with pink and blue polka dots!"

Then I read what everyone else got, and my stuff doesn't seem so cool anymore. Laughing
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Laughing

Your stuff IS cool, I would kill for a new pillow! I got the red and white checkered Vans a few months ago, how funny! Gotta love Vans, so comfy and fun.

skincarefun
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:56 am      Reply with quote
It's the shopping season, so happy, although I shop all year round, online or in store, thanks the internet, we r lucky.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Hee hee, this IS a fun thread! I got two pairs of shoes, some comfy practical Danskos that are more feminine than their clog-ish styles but still very easy to wear, and a ridiculous but awesome pair of Seychelles that are creamy-beige with tan, olive green, and turquoise detail. Very funky, and I'm always searching for shoes that incorporate turquoise but don't look crazy or gaudy. These sound weird but are actually quite pretty.

Oh, and I got some Alima samples to try and find my perfect concealer shade, and I think I FINALLY found it -- their "linen" with just a HINT of "beige" mixed in. Finally I look well-covered! Very Happy

I'm trying to take it easy on the retail therapy right now, though. All those purchases were made right before my dear BF was laid off, so they were kind of my last bang, turns out -- now I'm the only breadwinner under our roof, at least for the time being, so I have to take it easy! I'm actually returning a beautiful new coat I got at Nordstrom, partly because I want to save the money, and partly because it looked WAY better online than it does on me. Sad

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
I'm actually returning a beautiful new coat I got at Nordstrom, partly because I want to save the money, and partly because it looked WAY better online than it does on me. Sad

Ack, dont you hate that?

System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |