Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Physical sunscreen with decent PPD?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know of one? Or mostly Physical with maybe one chemical sunscreen. Prefer matte finish and, if possible, prefer to order from EDS.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I keep hearing good things about PSF's SPF 50 -- combo physical and chemical, and you can get it right here. I don't know what the finish is like, though. I do know that EDS has samples of it, so you could request those with your next order.

Personally, I prefer to use physical-only sunscreens, and I keep hearing that you can only achieve a PPD of about 8 with those, but I still think the benefits outweigh those of chemical sunscreens.

My HG is Devita Solar Protection Creme 30. It's not matte, but nor is it greasy or shiny -- it sinks in very well, and has a very light texture and never breaks me out. Very different-feeling than most physical sunscreens.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks- where do you get Devita?
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Devita.net (it won't let me link to the product, but search in their "products" section), or you can also try searching for distributors in your state from their main page. It's hard to track down, unfortunately.

You might also want to check out this thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=26293

Lots of good debate going on about physical SS, etc.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
PLEASE check out SVR 50 sunblock at skincarecentral.biz!!! It's all physical, tinted!, spf 50, ppd 20, and gives a beautiful finish. They sell samples. This blends in perfectly to my light skin tone. (The Bioderma one is VERY dark) It really does have everything you could ask for in a daily s/s.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the SVR one from skincarecentral and my complaint with it is that the tint colour in it makes my face look on the orange side. I wish there was a non-coloured one in that brand.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
PLEASE check out SVR 50 sunblock at skincarecentral.biz!!! It's all physical, tinted!, spf 50, ppd 20, and gives a beautiful finish. They sell samples. This blends in perfectly to my light skin tone. (The Bioderma one is VERY dark) It really does have everything you could ask for in a daily s/s.

tjsmom, i love you for introducing me to the SVR SS! it is a perfect tint for my skin and i received many compliments today Very Happy .

lily--so sorry this one didn't work for you, are you more pale too? i think the SVR is really good for those with more pale complexions. there is also Marie Veronique's physical sunscreen that has me fascinated but i won't be able to try it myself anytime soon since i purchased the SVR one just yesterday. here is the link to the EDS discussion if you're interested: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=12252

Kris

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:54 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:

tjsmom, i love you for introducing me to the SVR SS! it is a perfect tint for my skin and i received many compliments today Very Happy .
Kris

I've been anxiously waiting to hear your thoughts on it Kris! Isn't it just fabulous! So glad it's working for you Very Happy

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |