Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
So confusing!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone else find choosing skin care line confusing?! There are just so many out there and all you want is the best for your skin but you don't know which may to turn!! Forums like these are great but everyone has their favorites. I want to try a professional line now but I've only used drug store and department brands before....does anyone know what the difference between these brands and the professional brands are or is their a big difference at all?
skincarefun
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I guess you have to experience your own, I was confusing at the very beginning, it took me two years, read lots of reviews, tried lots of products, and of course spent lots of money.
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:05 am      Reply with quote
And that's what I'm thinking it is going to take...thank goodness there a few great brands that offer travel sizes of products or it could cost me a great deal more to find a line I love!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
If you wanted to post what your skin type is like and what issues you're looking to solve, I'm quite sure some members would offer up suggestions. Smile It might still be overwhelming, but it'd probably be less so than the whole forum at large. Also, if you have certain preferences about ingredients or how natural or high-tech your skin care is, that'll help hone in on the right products, too. Good luck!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
junassara
5% products discount

Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:22 am      Reply with quote
remember to see if companies offer samples that they give out for FREE...then you really don't have to give out any money(sometimes for shipping but not always) I know Kate Somerville has samples on all of her products and ground shiping is free so I would go there and check it out.
skincarefun
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
She's right, it depends on what problem you have, which one you want to deal with first. I don't think one product works for the all issues.
skincarefun
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Revive offers free samples at their webseite. Neiman Marcus has GWP now for skin care products.
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Good to know! I will definitly check out the Kate Somerville site, I didn't realize they offered it. All natural products aren't really that important to me, I don't have sensitive skin in the least bit. I have normal/combination skin which is just prone to hormonal breakouts and I'm just looking for a very good preventative skin care line. I have it narrowed down to Kate Somerville, Dermalogica, or Lancome. I'm gonna try a few samples first and then make my decision. Any other suggestions I get though would be great!
kareni
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
I ventured into "the market" with Dermalogica, and have actually stuck with a couple of their products (I LOVE the daily microexfoliant and creamy cleanser). I also like that they are basically fragrance free. I would recommend that line for a start. Good luck. Smile
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:15 am      Reply with quote
jenw wrote:
And that's what I'm thinking it is going to take...thank goodness there a few great brands that offer travel sizes of products or it could cost me a great deal more to find a line I love!

Get travel size and samples until you find the products right for you. Smile

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I think this is the way I am going to go! Has anyone had any experiences using their booster products, either good or bad? Do they make a bit evough difference to justify buying them?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |