Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Need help with Keratosis Pilaris
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
My best friend is getting married next summer and as the maid of honour I feel that it is my responsibility to take care of all her worries. Her problem is that she has Keratosis Pilaris (also known as chicken skin, little red bumps) on her arms. Her wedding dress is strapless and she is really bothered by the way her arms look. I am looking for any advice or products out there to help get rid of these little bumps so that she won't have to worry about the way her arms look? Does anyone out there have or have had this problem? Any suggestions?
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Gentle exfolation and some sort of lactic acid lotion should do the trick, but she has to be diligent! I like Amlactin cream.

Link to products:
http://www.drugstore.com/templates/brand/default.asp?brand=10435&aid=336064&aparam=amlactin

Some info and treatment suggestions on KP:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/keratosis-pilaris/DS00769/DSECTION=1

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I have this problem. I have had success with Neostrata body lotion with 10% glycolic acid. I'm in Canada so I can buy this product at the drugstore. A good AHA lotion with 8% or more should help control the bumps and smooth out the skin.
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:17 am      Reply with quote
I'm fron Canada too and I was thinking about getting her to try the Neostrata 10% body lotion, how have your results been with it? Do you need to exfliate the area as well?
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I have had great results. I need to use it every day or every 2 days to control the bumps. I main thing is you have to be diligent. I don't need to exfoliate as well because the lotion exfoliates enough. It certainly won't hurt if you exfoliate gently 2-3 times a week but I usually don't unless I have the time. The lotion is very concentrated and you really don't need too much. Another tip, it's excellent for feet. When I went for a pedicure she couldn't believe how soft and smooth my feet were.
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:37 am      Reply with quote
That is so great! I will have to take a look at it when I go out today!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:13 am      Reply with quote
BHA lotion should do the trick. Also, an EDS member who likes to DIY makes something specific for this condition for sale. I read a review of it by Rjez a while back. I don't think that review is still up due to EDS new policy. I got a sample of it, and haven't used too much. I tried it once, and liked how it made my skin feel afterward. If you want to know more about it, you can PM me.
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
I've also heard that dry brushing can really help this.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Do you think it would be too much to dry brush or exfoliate and then use the 10% glycolic acid body lotion?
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:51 am      Reply with quote
I would probably opt for the dry brushing and then apply the lotion after a shower. No need to exfoliate in shower as well, too much of that will irritate the condition.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I use a loofah in the bath every day and haven't had this problem any more! The lactic acid lotions were too sticky and had a sour smell. Of course, I use a good body cream afterwards, like TerraNova Tresses-to-Toes, or Decleor.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard great things about Amlactin as well.
FizzyBubbles
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Lac-hydrin Five is another great alternative to AmLactin. Read the reviews on drugstore.com. My son and husband both had KP on their upper arms and they used both and it is gone. The other key is to manually exfoliate in the shower along with use of these products (baking soda mixed with shower gel is just fine).

I will say that both AmLactin and Lac-hydrin stay a tad tacky for a long time compared to other body lotions or creams.
oncloudten
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Haven't used it, but dermadoctor.com has a scrub and moisturizer just for this problem...even has the Good Housekeeping Seal!!

V
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
let her try glycolix elite body loton , it got rid of mine plus the price is right
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I found this while browsing for new products.One of the people that reviewed it says that it helped with hers.

http://www.dermstore.ca/product_18%25+Extremity+Cream_6231.htm
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
I actually gave my friend the Neostrata 10% Glycolic Acid Body Lotion for Christmas and already it has made a HUGE differnce! It's almost all smoothed out, maybe just another month or so!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
I was prescribed a Clindamycin lotion for KP, and I found it to be surprisingly helpful for about the first year. Then it tapered off and was never helpful again. But she might want to see a derm and talk about options, since they have access to some prescription stuff like that.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
The soap atwww.seabuckthorn.com REALLY helped with my KP.

I use the one called the Seabuckthorn Therapy Bar, I believe. You are lucky...since you live in Canada you might be able to find it at a store or at least you won't have to pay a bundle to have it shipped (I live in the US). It is way better than the Face Doctor seabuckthorn soap.

Taking an omega-3 product internally, like fish oil, flaxseed oil, seabuckthorn oil, or a combination thereof would also probably help a lot.

Another thing is to stay away from body washes with SLS.
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:27 am      Reply with quote
Dermadoctor makes a product especially for KP called "KP Duty":

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P73509&categoryId=C16330
Beautylike

Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:52 am      Reply with quote
Oh well, It's too late but I'll post this anyhow. I guess a lot of KP sufferer would be browsing this page for their queries as well, so this is for you and for them.

I have tried SR Lotion ( I guess it's new - some people haven't heard of it)to exfoliate. The skin start flaking within 5 days and it will maintain the moisture right after that. If you could take a look, it's available online. I have seen their site and it says, "the newest treatment everyone is talking about"
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
nibn wrote:
let her try glycolix elite body loton , it got rid of mine plus the price is right

Hey there. When you say this got rid of it for you...do you mean temporarily and you had to maintain using it or after using it for a few months it just disappeared forever?
Beautylike

Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I had been using a lot of creams. It's always exfoliate-moisturize-exfoliate-moisturize routine for me. But with SR lotion, I felt something different. It's smoother and takes a longer time before I exfoliate again. I know this isn't going to be the ultimate cure. However, it's managing my affected skin very well by applying SR Lotion into it everyday. It looks better now, so I am hoping that eventually, it will go away.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome.

Where do you purchase the SR lotion? Do you have a link?

How long have you been using this?

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |