Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Olay Regenerist and Olay Total Effects- Who tried it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I just read in Elle Magazine where a derm was recommending Olay Regenerist albeit she said she was their consultant, but she said it really worked just like the expensive line, but it may take longer to see results.

So I got intrigued and did some research. I saw a lot of people posted positive reviews on epinions.com:
http://www.epinions.com/Olay_Regenerist_Daily_Regenerating_Serum/sec_~opinion_list/display_~reviews/pp_~1#list

I decided to bring this EDS to see which members have tried this, and would like to share your experience with the rest of us.

Another product I want to hear about is Olay Total Effects, so if you have tried it, please share your experience.

ETA: I found reviews of Olay Total Effect 7x on epinions as well:
http://www.epinions.com/Olay_Total_Effects_7X_Visible_Anti-Aging_Vitamin_Complex_-_With_UV_Protection/display_~reviews

Thank you!
kareni
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Total Effects out of desperation when waiting for my last EDS order -- didn't like it at all. Made my skin a bit dry and didn't like the feel of it on my face either.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Olay Regenerist Serum around my eyes, between my eyebrows and around my mouth for about 7 years now. After discovering EDS I now have a new eye cream and night cream, but I still apply the serum on top of my other creams because I do believe it works. I am 35 and have no 11's, very minor lines at my eyes (so minor that I am probably the only one that can see them) and one small line just starting from my nose to my mouth. I quite often get mistaken for much younger than I am and I think I can contribute alot of that to the Regenerist Serum.
ejthomas
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:35 am      Reply with quote
I read that Total Effects had a great composition, too, so I gave it a try. Once. It felt terrible, like paste glue mixed with vaseline. Others may like that 'ready to take a dip in Artic waters' feel, but I couldn't stand it.

I'm 40 years old with normal / combo skin, fighting a legacy of bad genes and a somewhat irresponsible but fun series of poor lifestyle choices through my 20s (ok, maybe it might have stretched a bit longer than that...)
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I've tried a sample of the eye pods and serum and don't like the textures. The products don't absorb into my skin and I can't tolerate the scent. It really bothers me. I'm glad other people have had success with these products.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I have read really great stuff about the eye cream with the swirl in it, I think it was the Regenerist line. I have used the Total Effects eye cream in the pot, I remember really liking it, it did get rid of my circles and puffiness (was working deep nights at the time). I'm just too lazy to add a separate eye cream into my routine right now, if I did decide to I would try the Regenerist. Due to the high level of silicones in the face products I wouldnt even try those.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried Regenerist, but I've tried OTE, liked it and am still using it - I'm on my umm, lets see... sixth bottle now!

My own mother who's 64 had been using Olay for years so when OTE first came out she tried it and liked it (she compared it to her previous normal Olay moisturisers so naturally she was impressed). I never bothered trying, being a product snob at the time I guess - didn't like the smell, and it definitely didn't feel luxurious putting on.

But then after a couple of weeks my mum's skin really looked brighter, more even toned, and best of all her pores seemed smaller!

Did that get me to try it? NO. I went on to use my more expensive Dermalogica/Decleor/Clarins/etc etc. Then one day I read an article about Niacinamide helping with hyperpigmentation and sun damage, and looked it up. I was going to get SK2's Niacinamide-rich Signs Treatment and remembered OTE to also contain it, and decided to buy the waaay cheaper OTE instead.

That was almost a couple of years ago. I haven't looked back since. My skin is generally a lot brighter and more even toned, doesn't get breakouts, and my pores are a lot less visible (almost nonexistent on some parts of my cheeks!). Fine frown lines are also gone.

If you compare OTE with the expensive, luxurious, fancy-jarred creams and beauty fluids for the smell and texture you will definitely be sorely disappointed. I managed to get pass that and look at what it can actually do - and IMHO it can do wonders).

HTH some! Smile
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
my skin sounds exactly like Diana P...off to try some serum on my problem areas!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:00 am      Reply with quote
I have tried both regenerist and total effects.
I'm 30 with no wrinkles and my skin is acne prone.
I tired the total effects a few years ago and loved it- I stopped using it becuase I started using Rx medication for my acne and didn't need a moisturizer. Then earlier this year I had a bad reaction to some other products that totally dried out my skin. The only thing that helped bring the moisture back into my skin was the olay regenerist cream. I only use it now if my skin becomes really dry.
When I did use the total effects on a daily basis, my skin did become very soft and smooth with in 3 weeks.
I am using Jan Marini products now because they are more effective with acne.

HTH
CG
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I sometimes use Total Effects intensive restoration as a final layer. My skin usually looks good on those days. Neutral
LazyFrog
5% products discount

Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I am currently trying the Olay daily regenerating serum. It smells nice, goes no smoothly and skin feels better in texture afterwards... haven't used long enough to see long term results but it feels like a high quality product
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Regenerist for quite a while, maybe a couple of years, everything in the line, and I'm not impressed with the results. Plus, I discovered by posting here in this forum that the sunscreen I'd been using was what was causing my makeup to roll up in patches, so I'm phasing out of the whole line as I discover better products based on the recommendations of people here. I would give Regenerist a grade of C-, basic skin care, nothing special.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |