Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Cream or powder blush for dry/aging skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cawl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
I am a 35 year old with dry skin, starting to visibly notice fine lines. I am wondering if perhaps a cream type blush would be better than a powder blush, not be so accentuating in lines? Can anyone comment on this?
kareni
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I am in virtually the same boat cawl! Would also love some feedback.
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I love cream blush. I'm 39, but don't have dry skin. My favorite is Neutrogena's Dream Mousse Blush. Comes in a good selection of colors and goes on with ease. I don't find it settling into any lines. I also use the Mousse Foundation too.

Love em.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I love MAC Lilicent cream blush. Next on my list is Julie Hewett Cheekie's. My good friend just received Cheekies in Rosie and it looks gorgeous.

Quote:
Seems everyones raving about the sheer beauty of Julie Hewett's little Cheekie petroleum-free color pots. Just place a dab to your lips and cheeks and glow! Youll love the creamy, slightly shimmery pigment that keeps your skin soft, but not oily. The secret is a camellia oil base nearly identical to your skin's own natural oil. Use on lips and cheeks throughout the day for just-fresh radiance and shine.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a cosmetician and I find that if I use a powder blush on an elderly lady with dry skin it just doesn't look nice at all but a cream blush just looks luminous and natural, not dull and dry at all!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have two of JH cheekies - natural and peach and wear them both. First I apply the natural in the cheek area and work it so it is barely
noticeable and then I put a pop of peach and blend in the apple. Very fresh and sweet.
I am 49 and it is beautiful stuff. I got the Mandy palette from EDS and it was a cheaper way to go and in a nice palette with a shimmy and a lip gloss.
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Paula Dorf has some nice cream blush...I'm partial to the shade Playmate Very Happy Also love Kevyn Aucoin's Creamy Moist Glow in Pravella

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Have always been a bit afraid of cream blush, but I think I will give it a try.

Just the "apple of the cheek" I suppose for application???
LilLoco
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I really like the subtle look of Lauren Hutton's mineral blush (a powder). Her makeup line is made especially for older skin; no fillers so it doesn't settle into fine lines. I have had no problems with this even though I have sometimes had problems with other powders and creams. I'm in my forties, and my skin has always been dry.
cawl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Well it sure sounds like there are many who love cream blushes, I have been eyeing the JH cheekies for awhile now but really don't like ordering cosmetics online, it's nice to see the colors first hand before buying. I am running out to MAC at lunch today.
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I'm dry and also like the Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Moist Blush, I have it in Tansoleil which is a nice apricot color. Also use Bobbi Brown's cream blushes and love the colors, have several in a palette.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
A really good creamy blush that doesn't sit in the pores is Flush Blush by Pout. I like the "peachy passion" shade, which is good for my warm/golden skin tone.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still young enough to get away with powder blush according to most makeup savants, but I just think it looks really obvious and dry, at least on me -- I thought so even back when I was a teenager, and my skin was DEFINITELY not as dry back then as it is now!

I recently started using Benetint, and I love it -- it just gives me a rosy flush, but since it's liquid (not even cream) it's more like a dye so there's no residue or layering of product at all. Just plain old healthy-looking. The shade isn't for everyone, I'm sure, but it works well on my fair and cool complexion.

I just brush a circular bit onto the apples of my cheeks and rub it around, and it lasts all day. I do this before any kind of powder or concealer, etc.

Good luck in your cream blush search, hope this helps! And if you want a tiny bit of Benetint to sample I can decant you some, as I go through it really slowly -- just PM me if you're interested. Smile

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'm definitely in the dry/mature skin club, and I find that cream blushes applied before foundation give a lovely "glow from within" look that is natural and flattering. JH Cheekies are fabulous, as is the Kevyn Aucoin Tansoleil. I use them directly over moisturizer, blend like crazy, then brush on my mineral foundation over the blush.

I do still often use powder blush, but extremely sparingly. Literally, I lightly drag my blush brush over the pressed blush and then stroke from the apple of the cheek up towards my temples. Once over does it. If I think the color is noticeable, it's probably too much.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Here's another vote for Kevin Aucoin's cream blush. Maybelline also have a nice mousse blush which is less expensive.

In my opinion, cream blushes are far more flattering on mature age skin.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I love MAC blushcreme. Lillicent is HG for me; I also love Blossoming and Fabulush. NARS creme blush is also very very highly pigmented and I love it.

Although I have both creme blushes and powders, I think my maturing skin likes the creme best.
junassara
5% products discount

Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have also heard a lot of good things about Tarte Cheek Stains. I have not tried it yet but come Christmas it's tops on my list....Right now I use EDM(it's MMU)blush and I like it a lot.
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:05 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to try the Tarte stains too, I think they do an all-natural pigmented one as well, if my memory serves correct.

There is another gel-type stain called Jelly pong pong I'd like to try.
cawl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Ginnielizz, I have tried Benetint before and love it as well but find that although the color is nice and flushed looking I wasn't getting that 'dewy' look, plus you only have the one color. I ran out yesterday to MAC and purchased blushcreme in Ladyblush, I love the pinky peach color with no shimmer. I used my fingers to apply the blush but found it hard to move around so think I will invest in a good cream blush brush. After a few more applications I will review this product.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I agree that it's a bit silly to only have one blush shade! It looks great on me, but I have a VERY cool complexion and I imagine it would be all wrong on warmer skin tones. Crazy BeneFit. Smile

Good luck in your cream blush search, I hope you find that dewy look you're going for! Keep us posted! Smile

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Caspers Mum

Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Though I'm not a big fan of Lauder, know that their Blushlights cream blush are very flattering to dry and/or maturing skin, as the formulation has light diffusing properties.

I personally use Beauty Buffet's Sheer Cheek Tint in Coquette.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I really like cream blushes. In particular, I've been using Cargo's Colortube, which is a 3-in-1 for eyes/cheeks/lips, although I only use it for my cheeks. The color I like is Santiago as it seems to be a multipurpose blush for me, not too cool or warm. A little goes a long way when putting it on with Cargo's no. 20 brush and I think I've had the tube for years! Oh yeah, and it doesn't make me break out!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
This is a review of my MAC cream blush, I have still not invested in a good blush brush so have been using my fingers to apply the blush. I have become more adept at this but it is still tricky to move this product around and not end up with 'clown cheeks'. I find this product to be quite sticky, I would definitely prefer a lighter gel or mousse type substance, that being said the color is long lasting, I have had no breakouts and I am achieving that 'dewy' look I was going for, so I would repurchase this blush for sure. Next on my list JH cheekies.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Two questions:

1. Where do you buy Kevin Aucoin's products? Also, as he passed away a few yrs ago, who is the m/u artist designing his namesake products?

2. How do you apply cream blush? My mom never had blush, she just used lipstick to rub into her cheeks Shock .

TIA Smile

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I love Bobbi Brown's creamy blush. It gives me a natural healthy look!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |