Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
"Cystic acne"
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
OK, so I might have chosen the wrong term, but...

My skin is 99,99% clear and even-toned with small pores. But my chin area is disastrous; at the present, I am experiencing three cystic pimples at the same time, and they never, ever reach the surface.

Is there anything at all that I can do to diminish the damage, without at the same time killing my dry skin? Nothing really seems to help, and I am almost tempted to (try and) leave the area alone for some time, to see whether that helps. Sad

Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Based on what you've described, I will advise the following products for your consideration: Peter Thomas Roth AHA-BHA Acne Clearing Gel, Bioelements Poreplex, PCA Skin pHaze 35 Acne Gel, or Murad Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried so many things and unfortunately none of them had any effect - not Murad (made it worse - dry, red, flaky and still with pimples), not Yonka, nor many many more.

The one that somewhat helps I can not mention here (please, feel free to PM me). I am also looking to try Henry Tianus line based on many good reviews. I am planning to order next week.

In general - exfoliation (5% salicylic acid), CPs, some healing oils and Emu - helped me quite a bit.

HTH,
Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried Zeno? This is the "tool" that heats up and you apply it to the spot. I have tried everything over the years for acne with little success even applying toothpaste and rubbing alcohol. Like you, I have relatively clear skin but tend to get one or two large painful bumps now and then and blackheads. You can try Origins charcoal mask as a spot treatment too then finish with a hot damp washcloth for a few minutes. Nothing works overnight unfortunately but I've had good results with the zeno and hot washclothes to open things up.
Misha
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I second the Zeno. It hasn't worked on every cystic spot but I believe it has helped quite a few disappear in a few days instead of weeks or months. I've never had a spot start to form and then go away without ever becoming something big so I think the Zeno is helping with this. Search for DIY Zeno. I'm too lazy for the DIY (even though it sounds super easy) so I spent the money and got the real thing.

A friend of mine just told me about using washcloths. He said to use a warm wet washcloth at the first sign of something forming. Hold it there until it cools then warm it up again. Do this several times. He said most time the wet heat will help it drain back into the skin before it has a chance to become anything. I haven't had to try this yet but I will on my next one. Maybe try to soak it in chamomile tea or hold a tea bag to the spot. Chamomile is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial.
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:37 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the tips, people. I don't think my skin can take any harsh treatments, as it's thin and dry also in that area. It's underneath the surface the trouble sits. Sad

So maybe the washcloth idea is good? Or Zeno, of course (but then, there's the price issue). I also heard from an esthetician that cystic acne might be a sign the skin isn't getting enough moisture, but can't really trust her (after all, she also said sweet almond oil is pore-clogging, and that's pure BS).

Last night, after cleansing, I only put some Decleor Angelique Night Balm on my whole face, and did nothing in particular for the chin area. The concoctions that I had at hand hadn't really done anything except for giving me constantly peeling skin. And this morning, my chin looks considerably better, and the large, cystic pimple that I woke up with yesterday morning, has shrunk by 75%.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Nemi, hydrate. The aesthetician may be exactly right. When the skin is soft, the eruptions are better able to make it to the surface and not be "cystic".

Your chin acne might be hormonal. A lot of people have had success with pearl creams for this. Bliss also used to have a product called "on the chin" for hormonal acne.
juliejuliejulie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
It def sounds hormonal. You might want to try birth control pills, if you're not already on them. High frequency current, from a spa or a dermawand can also help kill the bacteria that's too deep to reach with topical treatments
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I also suspect it's hormonal, but I am already on the pill. Before, I used a normal tricyclic (or whatever it's called?) pill with estrogen, and I think it was worse then than now, when I'm on a gestagen-only type of pill.

I'll try and hydrate to excess, at least at nighttime.

The funny thing, after I started this thread only one day ago, the problem has almost disappeared. Now, that's ironic, right? Laughing

But when they return, I now have access to a lot of hopefully effective remedies, thank to you people.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Only good thing for that is a good beta hydroxy lotion and a good blemish fighter over that. Paula's Choice are really good for that.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
Your problem definatley sounds like Hormone issues. I had the same problem for a week befor my period I would get 4-5 cysts that were very painful and left me extra cranky. I now use that Tanda and haven't had any for 2 months now.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Have you seen a dermatologist??? I had a bout of cystic acne a few months ago. I made an appointment with a dermatologist, and got a 2 months of antibiotics- I haven't had a breakout since!!!!!! I also use Retin-A at night and Finacea gel in the am.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Nemi wrote:

Last night, after cleansing, I only put some Decleor Angelique Night Balm on my whole face, and did nothing in particular for the chin area. The concoctions that I had at hand hadn't really done anything except for giving me constantly peeling skin. And this morning, my chin looks considerably better, and the large, cystic pimple that I woke up with yesterday morning, has shrunk by 75%.

Your skin sounds like mine. I am prone to hormonal acne, and the less treatments I use, the better it heals. Whenever I feel one forming, I immediately want to slather a treatment on it, but my skin does much better if I baby it instead. I use the Decleor balm for sensitive skin (the Rose one) and my skin looks significantly better in the morning. My hormonal breakouts have so far ceased since I started taking Evening Primrose Oil to balance my hormones, but I still avoid treatment-type products.

Tina
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
Have you seen a dermatologist??? I had a bout of cystic acne a few months ago. I made an appointment with a dermatologist, and got a 2 months of antibiotics- I haven't had a breakout since!!!!!! I also use Retin-A at night and Finacea gel in the am.

I think seeing a dermatologist for two pimples on the chin per month is slightly exaggerating, and as my skin can't tolerate anything harsh, I'd rather stay away. I think I'll try and get a sample of Decleor's Baume Essentiel, and see whether there's any difference in how that works compared to the Angelique one.

As for now, my nose, forehead and temples are covered by small, itchy blisters, most likely caused by the Priori serum I've been using since Thursday, so I am forced to use as few products as possible on my skin. Sad I'll return the serum today, and have promised myself to stop experimenting. :rofl:

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |