Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Remergent DNA Repair - what to expect ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies,

I've just recevied this following great reviews on here. I just wanted to ask what kind of results can I expect ? I mean will my skin go through a period of adjustment, like with Copper Pep's, or should it mostly just feel very moisturised etc ?

many thanks

Jackie
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
No adjustment period, my skin excelled from day one, hope yours does too!
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:23 am      Reply with quote
EL - excellent how? I just got this too, so if you could be a little more specific maybe I can be realistic w/ my expectations!

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:27 am      Reply with quote
You won't see any miracles overnight or even in a few weeks but gradually over a couple of months your skin condition will improve. Improvements will be seen in fewer breakouts, less blackheads, more even tone, smaller pores, less oily or dry. However, the results may vary depending on other products you use with DNA Repair.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks bushy - patience is NOT one of my virtues Cool

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
melodymok
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
What is the mechanism of the DNA repair?
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:59 am      Reply with quote
melodymok wrote:
What is the mechanism of the DNA repair?

Here is a link to discussion on Remergent:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16358&start=200

It has a lot of info but one explanation I have seen to answer your question is on page 9 of this topic:

"So I've seen a few posts asking what exactly makes Remergent DNA repair "different" from many of the other products.
So here it is in a nutshell. Everyone knows that UV radiation damages skin. But the exact mechanism that is damages skin is by changing the skin's DNA. Specifically, it creates "dimers" in the DNA-links that are not supposed to be there. Our skin has natural mechanisms to correct these dimers, but not all of them are corrected because of the amount of UV radiation our skin is bombarded with. EVERY single other product is based on correcting the consequences of this DNA damage. But what remergent has done is created an enzyme that actually goes into our cells and repairs the DNA by getting rid of the dimers.
This product could also be the end for skin cancer as we know it (for people that can afford this product). Skin cancer is caused by DNA mutations produced by UV radiation, but by correcting these mutations you eliminate the cause for most skin cancers.
If you can afford it, I would suggest also using this product on areas other than your face that have been subjected to a lot of sun exposure-such as the shoulders, forearms, chest, etc."

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

thanks for all you responses. I have been using it for a couple of days now, and I think my skin has gone a bit dry, is this normal ? and will it subside ?

many thanks

Jackie x
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:37 am      Reply with quote
I have been also using this for about a year off and on and usually stop because of dryness or dehydration. I use a heavy moisturizer over it, but my skin still feels like it is dehydrated.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:47 am      Reply with quote
It may depend on what other products you are using with the DNA Repair as the DNA Repair will probably cause other products to penetrate more. Perhaps you could just try the DNA Repair by itself in the am followed by a sunscreen and in pm follow it with a moisturiser. It is designed to be used under the Barrier Repair at night.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:46 am      Reply with quote
I have very dry skin and the DNA Repair doesn't dry it out at all. Usually, I wear a moisturiser on top, but even while I'm waiting for the DNA Repair to sink in, my skin doesn't feel dry.

Bushy may be right. It could be something else you're using.
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:37 am      Reply with quote
I went through 2 bottles of Remergent and I don't ever recall having the same outcome as some of you posters mentioned. I am now on my third bottle. I keep coming back to it because it's perfect for my combo skin under my sunscreen as I find it hydrates enough without ever being heavy.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |