Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
laser surgery for broken capillaries
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
anomalyfiend
5% products discount

Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
okay well, i figured theres nothing to fix this little problem ive been having for a while now and ive even gotten a PM from jillsopinion saying i should just get laser surgery for my skin to get rid of the broken capillaries. i dont know anything about it though or how safe it is and how effective it is. any input from anyone who knows about that stuff or had it done would be great. thanks.
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Also if anyone can add - why we get them. I've suddenly broken out with them on my leg in the last year or so. Is there prevention? Like staying off your feet for prolonged periods?(like that's possible for me with a 3 yr old - sigh)
anomalyfiend
5% products discount

Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
also for the face too, im curious about the facial broken capillaries, because thats my only concern. about whether or not its safe to get that done on the face without problems being added to the ones you had to begin with
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I had the laser on my face for spider veins about 5 years ago. It worked very well and got rid of them all. Not much pain associated with the procedure. Feels like a snap with a rubber band.

What causes them: Sun, using HOT and COLD to rinse face, and genes. Anyway, this is why I got them.

I was very pleased with the results. Now five years later they are starting to come back. I have worn sunblock and no longer use HOT/COLD water.

Most likely I should have had laser done one time per year to keep the results.
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:36 am      Reply with quote
hi guys

have any of you tried Dermalogica's Gentle Soothing Booster Idea My sister had broken capillaries and after discussing her problem with a Dermalogica therapist, the terapist recommended Gentle Soothing Bootser which is suppose to heal and mend broken capillaries.

My sister thought she was talking an absolute load of tosh Confused but thought she only had a lot less money to lose than if she were to opt for laser surgery, so gave it a go.

3 months later (of applying it every am and pm) her broken capillaries were gone.

Your probably also probably best to follow the advice given by winnie regarding hot/cold water and the like.

Hope you find this helpful,

Farouk
Mabsy

Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:21 am      Reply with quote
I had spider veins removed on my thighs a few years ago. Not by laser though but with sclerotherapy (injections into the vein). It was very effective but it would be very hard to do for very small broken capillaries - so probably not at all suitable for the face.

Fairlyfair - some people (like myself) are just genetically predisposed to them. But it helps to exercise and make sure you have good circulation, not to cross your legs or do things that restrict the blood from flowing back out of your legs, avoid hot baths, and also perhaps take some supplements that strengthen veins.

Mabsy
crinklecut
5% products discount

Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Just this past week I read about a product called mediK8—"the European varicose vein treatment with 8% vitamin K. Higher than any other line." It looks pretty impressive and might be worth checking it out. Cool

crinklecut ~~~
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:53 am      Reply with quote
my friend had hers zapped using electrolysis, but I think it only works if they are small ones...apparantly it won't touch my great blats Sad

5% products discount

Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:55 am      Reply with quote
thanks so much for the advice all. i ordered the dermalogica gentle soothing booster already too.
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a newbie -- this is my first post after having been a voyeur for several weeks.

Approx. 5 weeks ago I had laser treatment for my facial and upper chest spider veins and the results were remarkable. But let me caution anyone considering this treatment to arrange for at least 5 days off from work. After 401 laser zaps (150 per cheek and the rest chest) I looked as if I had been thrown through the windshield of a car -- very deep purple (almost black) scratch marks and slightly swollen eyes all of which worsened over the next two days. These were superficial bruises with no broken skin. Although it looked very painful, it wasn't at all. After one week and a touch of foundation, it was almost impossible to even tell I had this procedure done. Almost all of the veins are gone now and the few that remain will be treated again in the next few months. I am very pleased with the results.

By the way, ProK Vitamin K cream did absolutely nothing except burn my cheeks and make the veins even more pronounced.

I love this site!! I have learned so much from all of you – Thanks!
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
While I don't suffer from the problem (yet anyway) I know that I have read some info on fragile & broken capilaries.

Ginko Biloba can help as it increases blood circualtion throughout the body.

Horse Chesnut herb is good for strenthing veins & capilaries. There is a product on the market here in Canada called Venastat, which the main ingredient is Horse Chesnut.
These are both taken internally through capsules.

I also know that Yonka creates some products for this problem. Cream 11 & Dermol 3 which both contain horse chesnut extract.

It may be worth looking into before you try laser.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |