Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Favourite Body Moisturiser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
I use Body Shop Body Butter and their spray on oil.
I hate the task of "lubing" up everyday though! I wish there was a sray on moisturizer that you didn't have to sit there and rub in!
juliejuliejulie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:27 am      Reply with quote
I've been really into Ecco Bella Vanilla lotion lately. It smells amazing and sinks in quickly. Really keeps the ashy-ness at bay.
shimmie*
5% products discount

Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:13 am      Reply with quote
Aveeno - unfragranced, moisturising
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
My latest body moisturizer is Caudalie Nourishing Body Lotion. It is super hydrating and a real treat to the senses. I find it hard to discribe the scent: very clean and refreshing. My skin stays hydrated all day. After using this body lotion I am tempted to try other Caudalie products.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
If I could afford it, I would buy L'occitane's Almond cream by the bucketful and use is all year round. It smells so beautiful. Rolling Eyes
I love my Dove Body Silk, a thick cream that seals in moisture for very dry skin.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:
I use Body Shop Body Butter and their spray on oil.
I hate the task of "lubing" up everyday though! I wish there was a sray on moisturizer that you didn't have to sit there and rub in!

Canadian Girl, I used to love the Body Shop's olive spray on oil too, the one that used to be packaged in the glass bottle that looked liked well, a bottle of olive oil Very Happy then they changed it to plastic and down-sized it. Crying or Very sad
....I don't mind lubing up, although with the oil it's so much nicer!
Masha
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:08 am      Reply with quote
I make my own body oil from mainly Coconut Oil and Rosehip and a little Borage Oil and Pomegranate...I also add Pink Grapefruit Oil to that, it's supposed to be good for water retention and some other essential oils, it sooo delicious, and it's very moisturizing Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
loccitane products are the way to go i love there hone range and the almond range worth the money
Ice_Siren
5% products discount

Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
LazyFrog wrote:
I love Origins Ginger Soufle, smells great and perfect for dry weather..

I miss Gloom away and Fret not Sad
Ice_Siren
5% products discount

Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
When I want to smell fantastic, I use Tahiti Sweetie with Manoi oil from Bath and Body Works. It's pretty decent moisturizer besides making me want to stand there and sniff myself Laughing

In the winter I use Eucerin Plus intensive repair lotion. It feels nasty going on, but it works wonders on dry legs and chapped hands.
chouchouzhang
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
I like Origins white tea body cream very much. The smell is fresh and it makes my skin soft. The only thing I do not satisfy is its price. It is too too expensive, $30 for just one month.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
My absolute favourite is Anita Grant Amaretto di Cupuacu, it does literally melt on contact with your skin. I also use Miracle Lotion, which and Laidbare Body Butter.
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
I am using Aveda Replenishing Body Moisturizer. It make my skin soft. And I wanna try Simply Basic Cocoa Butter with Shea Butter, Burts Bees Carot Nutrium Embarassed
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:43 am      Reply with quote
I was given a sample of Bioderma Atoderm cream. I used it last night for the first time and my skin is so soft. It feels a little rich going on but it absorbed quickly.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely Neutrogena Norwegian Formula body moisturizer for me. It's cheap and it works wonderfully. What more could I possibly ask for? Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Mine is Ojon's Tawaka Ancient rejuvenating Cream! I love this stuff so much. It's my HG!! It smells good, moisturizes better than anything else I've come across, 99% natural, and is packaged nice. Avedas caribbean therapy is good too.
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:32 am      Reply with quote
bbw
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Unfortunately, my old favorite moisturizer was discontinued (Jergerns Naturally Smooth). I finally found a pretty good replacement though - St. Ives Mineral Therapy. I apply lotion every day when I get out of the shower, so I want something that has a very light scent and doesn't feel greasy - oh yeah, and that also doesn't cost a lot! So the St. Ives is great for me. My boyfriend even loves it, and he has very sensitive skin.

When I want something a little more decadent and with some scent to it, I mix in BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar body cream with the St. Ives. By itself, it's too strongly scented and too greasy, so a 50/50 mix works great! Very Happy
jadkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
i have to agree with my canadian sistahs here! i like jergens "ultra care".. it really does deliver on its claim of 24 hour moisture! the website shows that jergens is only available in north america Sad

aveeno daily moisturizing lotion is also AMAZING. i put it on at night and wake up with SUCH silky skin. if i could afford it, i'd use it all the time!
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
i perfer body oil as my lotion
pink_apple
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:30 am      Reply with quote
L'Occine
Boots Botanics
For those who like non-fragrance, try Aveeno!
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:45 am      Reply with quote
My favorite is Ecco Bella from Whole Foods. It's a thin lotion consistency but b/c of all the good things in it (like oils, butters, etc) it moisturizes really well. Not greasy, just soft and moisturized. It comes in lavender, vanilla, and grapefruit - like them all.

That said, I just ordered 4 new creams from 100% Pure: nectarine, fuji apple, coconut, pear. I'll keep you posted. I have repurchased the EB several times. Normally $15, on sale at times for $11 for 8 oz.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:45 am      Reply with quote
A staple that is wonderful and has a soft, light scent is light sesame oil by Neutrogena. Been a fav of mine for 20 years.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:42 am      Reply with quote
My newest and best favorite is Avocado Oil, pure and simple and works...
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Epicuren After Bath Moisturizers
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |