Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Body cleanser with actives?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to find a really great body cleanser, that actually does good things for my body skin!

Right now, I am just using all-natural soaps, which are fine, they get me nice and clean, but really they just strip out all the oils, and aren't doing much positive to improve my body skin!

I work out and use oils on my body, so it has to be strong enough to take these out - and preferably not loaded with unnecessary chemicals - and I'd like it to leave my skin pH balanced.

Does anyone have any favourites?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
John Masters Organics Lavender, Rose Geranium & Ylang Ylang Soap is gorgeous. I adore the smell of this soap. It leaves you body clean yet does not strip natural oil.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/john-masters-organics-lav-p_6652.htm

I also love the organic soaps from The Body Deli.

Dry brushing before my shower does more for my body skin than any product.
Quote:
Body Brushing

The traditional Chinese version of skin brushing uses the dried fibres of a ground fruit called 'silk squash' - known as loofah in the West - but natural bristle brushes are proven to be far more effective. The brush should have a long handle (making it easier to reach all areas of the body!), firm, natural bristles and always be kept dry.

Once a day, preferably first thing in the morning before you take a shower or a bath, sweep the brush over every surface of the body except the face, or any areas of sensitive or delicate skin.

It's very important to brush in the right direction to help eliminate toxins from the system. It may seem laborious to begin with but it will soon become second nature and is truly invigorating! Start off with gentle strokes by all means but gradually increase the pressure after the first few days/weeks, to as firm as you can, as you get used to the sensation.

Use long, smooth strokes and brush the arms, legs and buttocks in an upward direction. Then brush the back and torso in a downward direction and finally sweep across the shoulders. Concentrate on the hips and thighs to really help improve the appearance of cellulite and dimpled skin.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Winne, that sounds so delicious. I think it's quite expensive, and I get through so much body wash. I might get some for special occasions.

I just bought a massive thing of the Dermalogica liquid body wash, so here's hoping it's good!

Also thanks for reminding me to keep body brushing, i keep forgetting Smile
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Am trying to find a good body lotion that I can add an active(s) to to thicken the skin on my legs, hands, arms etc - does anyone have any
ideas on an over the counter body lotion and
an active or 2 to add in to thicken the skin??
Thx so much - DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Have you thought about trying Zenbiotic's face and body wash? The price is reasonable, the ingredients are nice, and it smells good too!
http://www.zenbiotic.com/DEEP%20CLEANSERS.htm

One that I haven't tried but that looks like it would fit the bit perfectly is Shea Butter Shower Creme from Shea Terra Organics. All of their products are so luxurious and they smell soooooo nice. Again, the price is very reasonable.
http://store.africansheabuttercompany.com/shbushcr.html

They also now offer it in both lavender
http://store.africansheabuttercompany.com/nelaofkh.html

and Bourbon Vanilla, yum!
http://store.africansheabuttercompany.com/bovainskcali.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
CeraVe has a nice base lotion you can tweak.

DiPhx wrote:
Am trying to find a good body lotion that I can add an active(s) to to thicken the skin on my legs, hands, arms etc - does anyone have any
ideas on an over the counter body lotion and
an active or 2 to add in to thicken the skin??
Thx so much - DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thx so much Candy - will look for the CeraVe -
have heard good things about it! Any ideas
on an active or two to add to thicken the skin
anyone ??? Hopefully that should do it!
DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
thanks manslayerliz!

I just saw your reply.

I LOVE vanilla, I really want the shea butter, and the body wash. It will go on my wish list, I hope they ship internationally. Do you know if their products are chemical-free?

I still haven't made a zenbiotics order, I think their stuff looks lush, but I found out that it's all very alkaline. And I'm doing lots of acid stuff on my skin right now (like active serum from ISC etc), so I'm afraid it might lessen the effects. I'd like to get it for my days off when I rest my skin from the actives.

My wish list is getting so long!! Shock Laughing
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
chickenlittle wrote:
thanks manslayerliz!

I just saw your reply.

I LOVE vanilla, I really want the shea butter, and the body wash. It will go on my wish list, I hope they ship internationally. Do you know if their products are chemical-free?

I still haven't made a zenbiotics order, I think their stuff looks lush, but I found out that it's all very alkaline. And I'm doing lots of acid stuff on my skin right now (like active serum from ISC etc), so I'm afraid it might lessen the effects. I'd like to get it for my days off when I rest my skin from the actives.

My wish list is getting so long!! Shock Laughing

Hi Chicke Little! What country do you live in? I think they *might* ship internationally, but I'm not 100% sure. If you run into problems I'd always be happy to do a CP for you. I'm TOTALLY addicted to stuff from Shea Terra Organics. It's 100% chemical-free, and they really take "organic" to the next level using natural fragrances, cruelty-free silk, etc. Their chocolate stuff is scented with real chocolate liquer and it is just divine--- the chocolate sugar scrub smells like real brownie batter, mmmm! I also use their vanilla shea oil body spray sometimes before bed, and DH loves it--- he says it smells like homemade vanilla pudding, lol!

As for ZB stuff, I would still say to go ahead and try it if you are interested. I use a lot of acids on my skin too (Green Apple Peel, Azelaic acid, etc), and it doesn't seem to lessen the effects at all for me. HTH!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
I use Pure Castile liquid soap and I add citric acid to it till I get to the PH I'd like.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I like Murad body wash. It contains 2% of salilylic acid. It can clear my body skin.
chouchouzhang
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I am using crabtree summer body wash and i think it is really good. another think you can do is before you load the body cream, you can put some lotion (you do not want to use on your face). It is really good to keep your body fresh and soft.
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi manslayerliz,

I live in the UK, I'll get in touch with them when I want to buy and ask them if they ship there. Thanks so much for your very kind offer to help out!! Very Happy

I'd like to get the Shea butter then add a whole load of actives, DIY.

The Zenbiotics I'm looking forward to trying at some point. I do think it would be a nice range to rest my skin with, as I'm putting a lot of different products on it recently.

There's so much on my wish list!! Surprised
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
John Masters Organics Lavender, Rose Geranium & Ylang Ylang Soap is gorgeous. I adore the smell of this soap. It leaves you body clean yet does not strip natural oil.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/john-masters-organics-lav-p_6652.htm

I also love the organic soaps from The Body Deli.

Dry brushing before my shower does more for my body skin than any product.
Quote:
Body Brushing

The traditional Chinese version of skin brushing uses the dried fibres of a ground fruit called 'silk squash' - known as loofah in the West - but natural bristle brushes are proven to be far more effective. The brush should have a long handle (making it easier to reach all areas of the body!), firm, natural bristles and always be kept dry.

Once a day, preferably first thing in the morning before you take a shower or a bath, sweep the brush over every surface of the body except the face, or any areas of sensitive or delicate skin.

It's very important to brush in the right direction to help eliminate toxins from the system. It may seem laborious to begin with but it will soon become second nature and is truly invigorating! Start off with gentle strokes by all means but gradually increase the pressure after the first few days/weeks, to as firm as you can, as you get used to the sensation.

Use long, smooth strokes and brush the arms, legs and buttocks in an upward direction. Then brush the back and torso in a downward direction and finally sweep across the shoulders. Concentrate on the hips and thighs to really help improve the appearance of cellulite and dimpled skin.

Ah HA! No WONDER there were so many of those loufahs when I visited China. Almost every store was making them!!!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |