Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Oleda Baker
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cindy67
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried any of her products ?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:43 am      Reply with quote
This is an old thread but I have been looking at Oleda's website and am very impressed. I plan to buy some of her supplments but need more time to see what is what. What have been your experiences with them?

I also want to get a copy of her book. I remember this woman from decades ago and she always looks the same. She is the same generation as top model Carmen. http://www.oleda.com/about/
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I didn't realise she has a website!!
I bought a couple of her books about twenty years ago!!! I know I still have them somewhere. I can't remember clearly but one of them was definitely about hair, and she mentioned how fast hers grew. What stuck in my mind was the importance she gave to supplements for a better hair and skin, and in the book she gave details of the vitamins and minerals she took as supplements- which at the time I remember thinking they were a lot!!
I'm really impressed by her photos!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
I found her site to be very comprehensive. She doesn't deny or admit (that I noticed) things like filler, plastic surgery... and her picture at 71 sure looks like cheek implants.
Overall - very youthful and great tips. Inspiring. I doubt her looks are all 'her own' but she has a wonderful spirit, great tips and really is into it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:05 am      Reply with quote
There is a youtube video where she admits to having had blepheroplasty but denies having a facelift. I thought she did facial exercises but am not sure. I'm sure she will give her secrets in her book. Can't wait to read it. I bought Carmen's book, published in the 1970s when she was in her fifties, that had pix of her applying makeup and fixing her hair, as well as photos of her exercising, the secrets of fashion models, etc. I love reading about that stuff and always have.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Found a list of her older books on amazon, most unavailable. There are a couple of facial exercise books.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
Just got her book Breaking the Age Barrier and have been skimming through. I don't agree with everything she does but I like having options.

So far I have learned that her weight, 120 lbs, hasn't varied by more than 2 lbs. in the past 50 years. She never diets, eats everything but always in small portions. If she dines out, she orders two appetizers and a dessert.

She swears by hormones and recommends frequent orgasms as being great for your skin!

She does facial exercises as well as facial massage, which I need to explore further. You do it when you are cleansing your skin. I don't think she washes her face, just uses cleanser and toner and moisturizer.

Always wears sunscreen, hats, gloves when playing golf, fishing and horseback riding. She walks at least three miles per day and does yoga like exercises. Nothing exotic or too strenuous.

Her high cheekbones are a family trait, although I'm sure she has built the muscles over them, which actually is one reason why I probably wouldn't do facial exercises. My cheekbones are big enough.

She admits to botox and collagen injections and bleph in her late 30s. She said if she ever needed a facelift, she'd be first in line. However, her skull hasn't shrunk and neither has her body. She has used creams and lotion all her life.

She emphasizes getting enough sleep and sleeps on a baby pillow to avoid creases in her face.

She gives models' makeup tips (doesn't leave home without false eyelashes), how to dress for your body and camouflage flaws, how to get a glamorous voice, care of hands and feet, care of teeth and gums.

She covers just about everything but I need to sit down and go over the book page by page with a yellow highlighter.

The cover photo is unretouched and she is 75. She could pass for a woman in great shape who was in her late 40s.

Her doctor since 1994 has written that she has the bone density and strength of a woman in her 20s and he has never prescribed her any medication beyond hormones, her blood work would be great for someone 25 years younger "for she is an excellent example of how a woman should maintain her physical health and remain forever youthful."

Another doctor testified "After inspecting her scalp, ears and other areas where surgical scars may be present indicating a surgical facelift... there was no evidence of any surgical scars noted."
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I've ordered the book too. Looking forward to reading it. Sounds interesting.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the overview of her book.

I was intrigued by: How to have a glamorous voice....
Does she mention type of hormones? Does she use Bioidentical hormones?

I ordered some of her cosmetics and the lipsticks are pure garbage. One of them had a sticker over the bottom with Oleda *written* on it and when I peeled the sticker it was an entirely different lipstick name, etc then what I bought. Also it is the quality of a low-end lipstick, uneven color, peely, etc. and I use lip scrub and balm. The lip pencil is nice though and I got her powder which I have never used in the past and I like it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:45 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:

She admits to botox and collagen injections and bleph in her late 30s. She said if she ever needed a facelift, she'd be first in line. However, her skull hasn't shrunk and neither has her body. She has used creams and lotion all her life.

The bleph was in her 30's--botox and injections wouldn't have been available when she was in her thirties correct? These are ongoing things, I'm assuming.

I'm interested in the fact that she is both a proponent of facial exercises and a botox user. Usually, people fall in one or the other camps... not both. Its a bit contradictory--although maybe she gets "botox lite" so she can still do her exercises? Kind of unrelated (though on the topic of needles lite) and perhaps TMI, I got an epidural lite with my last baby after three homebirths. It was lovely and nothing like the epidurals with my first. I could move and flip over and even squat supported. I could even feel enough to buzz the nurse when the baby dropped.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:48 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Does she mention type of hormones? Does she use Bioidentical hormones?

I ordered some of her cosmetics and the lipsticks are pure garbage. The lip pencil is nice though and I got her powder which I have never used in the past and I like it!

I don't think she says HRT is bioidentical but I'm sure it is because she seems to keep abreast of the latest medical stuff.

I was wondering about her makeup when I looked at the website. Especially the lip pencil because she has a detailed tutorial of sorts about using it correctly, the best type to buy. I always struggle with lipliner because I try to match my various lipsticks and never quite succeed. I wish companies would sell lip pencils and lipsticks that are the same brand with little codes to match them up with the corresponding lipsticks.

What caught my eye was her chapter about making pores look smaller. She has used AHAs for years and says that is a start. She says to apply foundation to fill up pores, then wipe off most of it, then powder over and buff off excess powder. That way your skin looks poreless. I am not a powder person but this sounds very tempting, especially since primer did nothing for me as far as concealing pores.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I was never much for foundation - and certainly not powder but I did buy hers and it seems okay - only have had a few days. It seems to be in the technique - press press press - never swiping or brushing on the face.

Unfortunately the foundation and some of her products also have parabens and other stuff I prefer to not mess with.

I was disappointed & turned off by the tacky lipstick thing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I just looked at her website and she is having a 30% off sale today for Father's Day. The false eyelashes she wears daily as well as some of the supplements look tempting. Might check out some of the books she's written in the past if they have different info than the newest one. I'm running low on concealer so I may try her highlighter.

I'd never buy foundation online because I need to see it applied on my face since I usually pay a lot of money.

How would you classify the colors of her powder? I'm afraid to get powder too light or too dark or too pink.

I think I'll email her to tell her to do a makeup tutorial on youtube for her pore minimizer technique. Unless someone knows of one that is similar posted by someone else.

I need to get back to the website and look for the people she thanked in her book for sharing their stories of how they beat their genetics.

Stay tuned!
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Once I manage to "find" the book I bought tons of years ago about hair that she wrote I'll post whatever, if I find it, may be useful.
I do remember about the supplements, and also about how dying the hair made it thicker or something of the sort!!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Please tell us more about the supplements. Coloring the hair does make it thicker - somehow modifies texture for the good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
She does scalp massage, followed by scratching the scalp all over until it tingles, then taking clumps of hair and tugging gently for 3 seconds. She does this everyday.

She also has always cut, bleached, colored and styled her own hair because she was afraid that when she was a model her hair would be ruined. She turned down jobs that wanted her to cut it.

Looking at her latest photos and videos, her lipstick is darker than what I now wear, so I think I'll skip her lipliner for fear it is too dark.

I've noticed that her lips have thinned with age, as you'd expect but she hasn't added filler. So that's why I question whether or not her cheeks have filler or are just pumped from exercise. If she filled her cheeks, wouldn't she have filled her lips, too?

There is a video on her website of her on the webcast GB = growing bolder. I have an old computer so the video kept freezing. Let me know if you think she's got too much botox because I couldn't tell if it was her face freezing or my screen! She had too much blusher on, too, which made her cheeks prominent.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't resist her 30% off sale so bought

Foaming Cleanser
Highlighter (like concealer)
Aloe Vera capsules (2 bottles of 60)
Hormone Booster (to boost HGH)
Veggies & Fruit powder, which alkalinizes the body.

Order was over $60 so free shipping.

There were several other items I wanted but will wait for her next sale: Waiting to hear the verdict of others on her 15% AHA lotion. The natural sunscreen looked interesting as did the Hand Barrier. False eyelashes with free glue, too!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:08 am      Reply with quote
I purchased two kits of hers, and got two books ages ago. I'm a bit of a visual learner, so for me the descriptions were a bit confusing, and I never understand why long term veterans of facial exercise like her don't do videos etc demoing them.... I mean they clearly work. I've also seen clips on youtube of her, and she's incredible mobile and agile looking to me, and I really like her energy levels too. Having said that though if you were to take all the supplements she does it would cost a fortune, as well as using the skincare products etc, so whilst I do think she looks great, its at quite a cost to me!
UmEnis
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Personally, I'm most interested in her supplements. Everyone uses acids and Botox and not too many end up looking like her!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am      Reply with quote
She does make a really valid point though that she doesn't just do one thing, supplements wise, she eats very healthily, exercises, etc etc so for me I do think she is a wonderful example of what is possible and to have hair like that in her 70's is fantastic to me. I just think that purchasing all the supplements is a tad too expensive for the average bear but that's just my take.
UmEnis wrote:
Personally, I'm most interested in her supplements. Everyone uses acids and Botox and not too many end up looking like her!
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Oleda said that what she does may seem overwhelming to some women but you can gradually change your beauty routine over time until it just becomes a habit.

I have done a lot of what she recommends already (have steadily added more supplements to my diet since college) so adding a few new products and routines here and there won't bother me that much. Let's not forget that she has been doing this for fifty years!

Some of her advice would be considered old fashioned. I didn't agree with everything but she has some great ideas I had never considered before.
UmEnis
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Oleda said that what she does may seem overwhelming to some women but you can gradually change your beauty routine over time until it just becomes a habit.

I have done a lot of what she recommends already (have steadily added more supplements to my diet since college) so adding a few new products and routines here and there won't bother me that much. Let's not forget that she has been doing this for fifty years!

Some of her advice would be considered old fashioned. I didn't agree with everything but she has some great ideas I had never considered before.

I'm tempted to get her book, but I'm concerned that its just going to be the same old same old: don't wear low waisted pants, keep your body alkeline, AHA's, sunscreen, walking and yoga and pilates and lotte berk, water, fruits and veggies, and supplements
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:17 am      Reply with quote
Ha ha, I do agree. Baby oil for getting rid of make up – no way. However, there were a few things that I really liked. Yet I do think she takes an awful lot of supplements. The other thing I noticed is that sometimes there are inconsistencies in what she writes. I have a few of her books, and you may see one recommendation in one, and then an opposite in another. Can’t think of an example of the top of my head, but the hair was one. She advocates brushing it one hundred times a day in Forever 29, but then advised against brushing it in one of the other books and instead just massaging with oils.
SoftSkin wrote:

TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:19 am      Reply with quote
You can get most of her books on abebooks.com, and for reasonable prices. I got some of hers on there, and I also ordered some of her kits from her directly too. Know what you mean re same old same old, but have to say I do enjoy her writing style and its light reading too.
UmEnis wrote:
I'm tempted to get her book, but I'm concerned that its just going to be the same old same old: don't wear low waisted pants, keep your body alkeline, AHA's, sunscreen, walking and yoga and pilates and lotte berk, water, fruits and veggies, and supplements
UmEnis
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:59 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Ha ha, I do agree. Baby oil for getting rid of make up – no way. However, there were a few things that I really liked. Yet I do think she takes an awful lot of supplements. The other thing I noticed is that sometimes there are inconsistencies in what she writes. I have a few of her books, and you may see one recommendation in one, and then an opposite in another. Can’t think of an example of the top of my head, but the hair was one. She advocates brushing it one hundred times a day in Forever 29, but then advised against brushing it in one of the other books and instead just massaging with oils.

Quite honestly, the inconsistencies don't bother me at all. I've been at the health, fitness, skincare thing for quite a while and I'm sure that my book even 15 years ago would be different from today's book; not to mention my book 15 years from now! I'm just concerned with plunking down 20 dollars and getting nothing new out of it (like I said, I've been researching for so long).

Still, I'm not often impressed by example of amazing aging celebrities--its not often I say, yes that's exactly what I'm going for... and she impresses me greatly. That's what I'm going for!

Oh,side note, I wouldn't use baby oil to get rid of make-up... but I do use almond or olive oil. Its absolutely gentle, amazing, does a great job and I wouldn't ever use anything else! I got a free sample of a fairly high end make up remover (chanel?) and it sat there in my cabinet until I finally moved and threw it away... I was never tempted to use it more than once or twice... the oil is that good.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |