Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

pH Advantage Basics, One-Step Cleanser Fragrance-Free (236 ml / 8 floz) DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Shira Shir-Radiance Corrective Rx Wrinkle & Pore Minimizer (30 ml)
How to get people to rsvp for an event?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
hlg22
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
So I am co-hosting a bachelorette party and bridal shower for a close friend. The invitations went out several weeks ago, and we requested that people rsvp by the end of last week...and less than 1/2 of the invitees have responded for either event. The bridal shower is going to be a brunch at my home, and we're talking about the difference between 12 and 30 people attending, so we really need to get a more accurate count for planning purposes, favor ordering, etc.

It floors me that this question is even necessary, but does anyone have any tips on how to get people to rsvp? I'm planning to send out a reminder email, but was wondering if anyone else has been in this situation and has any tips for wording that might generate some responses.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I hosted a wedding rehearsal dinner a few weeks ago and had to give the restaurant a final count 3 days before the event. Those that hadn't responded received a phone call from me. Yes, you would like all those invited to act like an adult and respond to your RSVP but it doesn't work that way.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
So frustrating, isn't it? I always include a RSVP date (as you did) rather than just the RSVP phone number alone but there will still be people who don't respond. I assume that some simply lose track of the invitation and it slips their mind but there are some who purposely wait until the last minute to commit. So, so rude. I agree with Frodo that you really need to personally call each and every invitee. Harder to ignore than another email and besides, you get to make them squirm and come up with all sorts of pathetic excuses and apologies!! Laughing Laughing Bad Grin
hlg22
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:22 am      Reply with quote
It is so annoying as we gave people plenty of lead time, a deadline, and gave them email and phone contacts to rsvp. Most of those who haven't responded are family or childhood friends of the bride who I don't really know so I hate to have to ask her for their phone numbers to hunt them down, but it looks like that may be necessary.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
I totally agree that it's frustrating when people don't give you this simple courtesy, especially when you go to the trouble of organizing a complicated event! I agree that a phone call is in order -- it's more likely to get a response than an email reminder, IMO, and I think people feel less OK with dodging calls than with emails.

Good luck, hope your event goes well either way!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
System
Automatic Message
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

glotherapeutics Gentle Enzyme Exfoliant (73 ml / 2.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Hello Kitty Rose Repair Gel Mask (150 ml) Shira Shir-Radiance Corrective Rx Wrinkle & Pore Minimizer (30 ml)