Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
DrH cleansing cream vs. Jurlique face wash cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies:
I heard people saying that the Jurlique face wash cream is actually a copycat of DrH's cleansing cream, I am currently using DrH version, no complaints at all, love it! I have never tried Jurlique, it just caught my attention b/c of the recent discussion about Jurlique's Rose dust which has then initiated my checking into this brand .... I dont know, has anyone tried both and can tell the difference, which one you like better? Rolling Eyes
Thanks!!
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi There,
I have not tried Dr. H cleanser but I did use Jurlique cleasing cream and it was very nice. I also have the Rose Silk Dust which I love. I put it on at night after my moisturizer or herbal gel. Some people use it during the day to absorb oils.
I also LOVE their Herbal Recovery Gel. It is awesome and leaves your face so soft & smooth. I read a lot about the company & products before I forked over the big buck $$$$ Razz for the products. Bascially you are getting what you pay for here because the ingrediants are so pure and they really know how to blend herbs to create the best natural products.
I'm sure you won't be disappoint if you try the cleanser. Ask for a sample of the herbal gel if you do order.
Take Care
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
hey bbiz

I have tried Dr. H Cleansing Cream and to be honest with you, I didn't see any results what so ever for that entire month of use. My sensitive oily skin couldn't take it.

As for Jurlique, I haven't tried the Face Wash Cream. But I have the Day Care Face Lotion . It not too oily and absorbes right away. It leaves my skin soft and love the smell b/c of the herbal ingredients in it.
Some of the ings. are Extracts of
Calendula, Daisy, Chamomile, Rose, Quince, Green Tea, Grape Seed, and Rose Hip Oil, Carrot Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Rose Oil.....When i run out of my sample, I am going to order it.
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Jurlique Day Care Lotion and I love it too!!! I love this whole line. I say get the cleanser for sure!!!!! Laughing
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Miss Shoes Wrote:
Quote:

I also LOVE their Herbal Recovery Gel. It is awesome and leaves your face so soft & smooth.

What does it do? Is it a moisturizer and also what is Silk Dust. I didn't understand the descriptions of thoes tow.
Mabsy

Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:01 am      Reply with quote
I've got both the Dr H Cleansing Cream and the Jurlique Face Wash cream. Here's a previous comparison of the two: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2264

I have actually just finished the Jurlique tube a few days ago and my opinion (as in that earlier post) remains unchanged. I'm about to start on another tube of the Dr H now but will probably go back to the Jurlique in time.

I do have to say that I had FAB results with the Dr H cleansing cream but I do not have sensitive skin. To me it feels like a very gentle exfoliant.

Mabsy
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Many thanks to you all's inputs!!! I guess I should NOT say that Jurlique is a copycat of DrH, doesnt seem fair to Jurlique Embarassed Sorry about that!

I am now becoming very interested in Jurlique Face wash cream, I guess this is my next item once I finished my Dr H, I havent tried Jurlique skincare, but I did once have its Lavander handcream which I liked a lot not only b/c of the texture, but quite important to me, the scent it has!!! So, I am assuming if the face cream will also come with a more pleasant scent then that of DrH? Oh.. cant wait to try it!!

Miss Shoes: I also want to know more about the rose silk dust, I thought it was like a translucent powder, but it seems to be versatile.. very interesting, what is it doing when you add that into your moisturizer? Thanks again!! Wink Very Happy
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Well,
I have heard people say that they use the dust as a powder during the day. The silk dust is a pure white powder and on me, even though I am a very light skin tone, I find it makes me look to pale, like a ghost. ahahahah Laughing

So, I use it at night before bed. I don't mix it in with my moisturizer, I apply it after.
I cleanse, tone, moisturize, eye cream and then finish with a light dusting of the rose silk dust.
Mabsy

Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Bbiz,

Not at all, I think the two products are very similar in concept but Jurlique seems to have larger chunks of stuff in it whereas Dr H uses extracts I think. I actually liked the smell of both Dr H and Jurlique but I think Jurlique might just win in that category.

Btw, I've got the rose silk dust and it's a fab powder for controlling shine (I use it over makeup during the day). It looks WHITE in the little jar but (even though I'm pale as) it doesn't give me a white cast. It smells beautiful too. Thoughtcrime has tried both the rose and the lavener one and I think she liked them both as well.

If you are interested in the Jurlique range, then their Rose Hand Cream is also nice, as is the Herbal Recovery Gel (it's their top selling skincare product I think) and also the cleansing lotion.

One of my friends has just got a job as a Jurlique counter manager and I'm off to visit her tomorrow Very Happy Gotta pick up some samples of the Herbal Recovery Gel again - I keep toying with the idea of buying it but I just can't quite make up my mind....

Mabsy
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Masby!!! You are such a lucky gal Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .. Thanks sooo much for your information, I just did a search on silk dust, no doubt, it's going to be my next order, I wish I discovered it earlier this summer, I've had a hard time with my melting makeup in this humid hot summer even though I am keeping it minimal Mad !! I wish it would not disappoint me!! Wink
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:44 am      Reply with quote
I love DrH's cleansing cream!
I just used it for one week but it have done wonders with my skin so far Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |