Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Review: SBC (Simply beautiful cosmetics) Skincare Gels WOW
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Natz87
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone I just thought i would post a review on these skincare gels from SBC since i found hardly any mention of them on this forum.

First of all im not entirly sure about this brands availability I know they are definately available in UK from a variety of online sources QVC,and UK ebay.

Well SBC stands for Simply Beautiful Cosmetics and was originally created to cater for professional salons and spas and it is the leading supplier in the UK but no one ever really knows they exist since they are hidden on the beauty therapists trolley. the company wanted to create good quality products that would get great results but would allow the salon to make a profit so they spent very little cost on the actual packaging of the products.the homepage for SBC can tell you more info (www.sbcgels.co.uk) just wanted to give a little background info.

There is a whole range of different gels for every skin problem and also matching bath soaks and shower gels for some.

Every gel in the range is water based so it is easily absorbed and non oily and they say its perfect for all skin types too!

well i discovered this range when my beloved Dr Renaud Collagen Gel ran out
Sad
i had been using this as my morning moisturiser and under my nightime cream and was sooo happy with it it really helped my skin to heal quicker and prevent scars from any picking (i no i shouldnt lol) well after using this for 3 months or so i was in love with collagen gel and my skin had been relatively clear and well behaved. the problem was i am in the UK and i need to order this from canada which is expensive due to customs charges and handling fees etc so basically i was paying in excess of £30 for 60ml.

well as a poor student i decided i need to find a replacement that was cheaper and easily accessible. after hours of searching different brands and sites for collagen gels i had almost given up. then i decided to have a look on QVC where i can across SBC gels. i prefer to use a gel in the morning because my makeup stays on better and i dont breakout like i do with lots of creams and oils.

so on QVC the were offering HUGE bottles of SBC collagen gel anything from 125ml ,250ml,500ml and 1L ! they come in simple plastic bottles with a pump top nothing too impressive but it does the job.

so after reading reviews on QVC and some video demonstrations i concluded this was the closest replacement i was goin to find and at £19.50 for 500ml it was a bargain.

these gels can be used on face and body so with this size it means i dont have to restrict it to just my face i can use it on neck and chest too!

After watching the demonstrations i went and bought the FACIAL COLLECTION pack which gave :

500ml collagen gel
250ml Propolis gel
250ml Cucumber (with vitamin A) gel
250ml Vitamin C gel

all for £32 so i couldnt resist Embarassed

I will give a first review of each below:

Collagen gel- this is recommended for all skin types as a moisturiser but it also plumps fine lines so its good for older skin (im soon 20 so i am aiming to prevent aging )This is a pink gel and can be mixed with any of the other gels and doesnt interfere with any other creams or body lotions you like. i like the texture its not sticky or oily its cooling and skin just sucks it right up. it leaves my skin smooth and hydrated. it does as just a good job as my Dr renaud one at a fraction of the cost. the only thing im not too keen on with this gel is its smell its hard to describe my bf says its like an old lady cream smell lol but luckily it does not linger long and i can live with it.

Propolis -
This comes from bee hives and is used to keep the hive sterile. this is a gel recommended if you have any areas you want to heal better or need antibacterial properties making it ideal for any pimples and spots i also use it on burns that i get from cooking and they do heal much faster. I have been using this at night on any spots or after any extractions and it has helped alot to heal and get rid of the pimple faster reducing redness. (i did have a topical antibiotic lotion from my doctor to help with the odd hormonal spots that pop up along my jaw or chin but my prescription ran out and i have to reorder every month which was becoming expensive but using this gel has kept them at bay as much as the topical lotion). all the gels can also be applied thickly as masks so i have mixed this with the collagen for a treatment mask works great.

Cucumber - this is recommended for eyes especially because it is cooling and has vitamin A to help with dark circles but can be used all over face and body. i use a little blob under eyes morning and night or thickly as an eyemask and i love it.i was using Liz earle smoothing line serum under eyes which was good but £11 for 10ml i think so this gel is much cheaper and i get the same results. at 19 i dont really have wrinkles so i cant comment on its effectiveness on that problem but i am tryin to prevent them and i find this gel brightens, refreshes and tones the skin under eyes making me look more bright eyed and the vit A really does help with the dark circles. i dont have a huge dark circle problem only when i havent had enough sleep or am ill. well a few weeks ago i was out for a 21st birthday party and me and my bf got a takeout on the way home needless to say i wont be going back there again i was up the entire night spewing my guts out (sorry to gross any1 out) until 11am the next day when i had to go to class for a lecture at 1pm well i had the darkest bags under my eyes and looked awful (great as this was also the day of me and my bf 1year anniversary and i was to be taken out for a meal) well i applied a mask of the cucumber and collagen before going to class and it made a huge difference my friends couldnt believe i had been up sick all night because the said i look really good Very Happy (perhaps they were just trying to make me feel better lol ). also great if kept in fridge mmmmmm

Vitamin C gel- this is suppose to be great for all skins even sensitive and especially dull skin or neglected skin particularly by pollution or smoke. well firstly i avoid Vit C like the plague because any product containing it makes my skin freak and breakout all over the place with rashes so i have never been able to get the benefits of vitamin c .. until now. i only have this gel because it comes in the kit but i thought i have to try it since its not an oily serum or cream then i have less chance of a reaction and i was right. i have used it a few times now and haven't had the nasty reaction , i dont no whether it will be as potent as the C serums etc. but it does add a nice vibrancy and glow or as my bf says i look radiant Laughing i dont use it every day just when im looking a bit dull or am going somewhere special but u can use it as often as you want. so glad i can finally use a vitamin C product to help protect my skin from pollution of living in a city.

all these gels can also be used as a hand cream and i tend to rub any extra from face and body into hands and now they are super soft and hydrated as well as getting the benefits of all the vitamins that go on my face

Very Happy

my hands have always been rather neglected and when im at university working in a lab im using all kinds of irritating chemicals and they are in and out of rubber gloves etc so they tend to get a bit rough and burns and cuts take ages to heal so since using the gels they have really improved.

a note of warning the gels do not feel like rich creams do and some people may take some time to get used to the feeling of not having creams etc on. the skin is still hydrated but isnt coated in oily or greasy creams so you dont get that feeling of the skin being really hydrated on the surface because it soaks in. however any creams can be added on top as long as the water based gel goes on first.

I think the range of gels is fantastic and really excellent value for money if purchased from QVC they last ages too and my skin is looking awesome plus i love i can treat my whole body with these products and afford to because the bottles are huge. definitely worth a try and QVC has the 30 day money back guarantee so theres no risk.

sorry for the long and rambling post but i felt these great products needed a bit of attention and are worthy of a mention especially to those who didnt know the existed.

the only problem now is i want them all! Bad Grin

X

(p.s. all the gels have an ionic charge so can be used with galvanic current machines and the likes )
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:09 am      Reply with quote
I have the Arnica Gel, which has been fantastic for dealing with bruises. When my husband had a couple of particularly nasty falls, they worked wonders on him. In fact, he developed hardly any bruising from the falls after using this regularly.

It's also good for aching limbs.
Natz87
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Thats the next gel on my list mainly for my bf who is always bumping in to things and is usually covered in bruises lol

20 Years old, normal -combo skin , breakouts now limited to hormonal pimple on jaw or chin IF AT ALL! - using Liz Earle , EpidermxII, SBC gels and Alpha-H balancing and triple action cleansers: Skin is well behaved at the mo Smile with Alpha-H products my pores are cleaner than they have been in years: bye bye blackheads!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:39 am      Reply with quote
Natz87 wrote:
Thats the next gel on my list mainly for my bf who is always bumping in to things and is usually covered in bruises lol

That sounds just like me. I get embarrassed sometimes when people asked how I got that awful bruise and I have to say "I walked into a door/table/wall." It's not a euphemism for something more sinister, I actually AM that clumsy! Embarassed
autumnApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, now I'm tempted to give this line a try. Only I'm in Canada instead of UK.

I'm very interested in Collagen gel and Propolis gel. Collagen for its lightness (since I don't like lotion or cream that makes me aware there's a layer of stuff on my skin). Propolis also interests me because of its healing power. Hmm... should I plan my next vacation to UK? Laughing
havana8

Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
autumnApple wrote:
Wow, now I'm tempted to give this line a try. Only I'm in Canada instead of UK.

I'm very interested in Collagen gel and Propolis gel. Collagen for its lightness (since I don't like lotion or cream that makes me aware there's a layer of stuff on my skin). Propolis also interests me because of its healing power. Hmm... should I plan my next vacation to UK? Laughing

Although I haven't tried the SBC propolis gel, Pevonia also has a pretty good one that I've used that might be comparable? hmm 

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/pevonia-soothing-propolis-p_2512.htm
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |