Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermal/Hyper/pigmentation - my formula
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Okay Ahu and others interested,
Here's what I did:
Firstly I had to determine my skin type and what type of pigmentation I had. My skin type is strong, normal skin with a very oily t-zone and my pigmentation fell into the following 3 categories:
1) Pigmentation from acne
2) Dermal pigmentation caused by electrolysis
3) Hyperpigmentation caused by ipl. The ipl treatment made the first two look worse.

Right so I then had to get a control over the acne because if you don't get a hold of that then you really are just taking one step forward and two steps back. I have or rather had hormonal acne. This is where a glycolic or AHA based skin care will help. In the past year I have used MD Formulations / Civant & now I am currently using MD Forte level II. Percentages vary but MD Forte cleanser has 20% glycolic acid to give you an indication.
Retin-a will also take care of the acne and is an essential product to prep your skin prior to a TCA peel. It helps to make the peel more even. I can understand platinum would say Cps are better esp since they don't sell real retin-a cream but personally I think both retin-a and copper peptides are a must have.
Copper Peptides I am still using the serum and looking to upgrade to the stronger formula later on.
Now diet and supplements played a very big role for me because my skin had become super sensitive to light. So we're basically talking about a condition where my skin is inflamed and it needed to be addressed internally. This was to address my dermal pigmentation as well. One of the best supplements I used was Heliocare (didn't use it over the winter months though). I took this as well as MSM and Vitamin C everyday for 3-4 months.
In terms of diet I avoided foods that would cause more inflammation and increased healthier foods. I'm generally a healthy person so it wasn't too hard. At one point I even avoided iodised salt for a while BUT keep in mind I was an extreme case so many of you may not need to do this.
I have tried the Fading Gel from Platinum and I didn't think it was that great, TCA peel got a better result for me.
Sunscreen is a BIG key. I was using Neutrogena SPF55 but it did absolutely nothing for me. Took me a while to work out that it wasn't giving me the protection I needed so I now use Dr Lewinns Sunscreen, it has 19% zinc and is the best sunscreen I have ever used - put it this way I don't think I will be changing brands in the near future.
Now with the photo. I'm sorry but I really don't want to share this. I mean it would be like posting a picture of yourself where you feel you look the worst and would rather hide from everyone. I'm talking about a time where I was getting weird glances in the supermarket - it was awful. I know it would help you to see the difference but its just too personal. Its also a time I want to put behind me and move on - no looking back.
So don't lose faith because I have learnt that there is often always someone worse off that you. Also I want my after pic to be one where I don't need any makeup and that day is getting closer and closer. My derm reckons another 6 months and I should be there. I am now so grateful that the little pigmentation I have left is now totally coverable with foundation and I no longer need to pack on concealer - what a relief.

I hope that helps you and others. I did keep a daily diary of what I did so if you need any more info - let me know. Keep me posted yeah. Dips
System
Automatic Message
Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

StriVectin Repair & Protect Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Phyto-C Phyto Gel (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Bremenn Clinical Upper Eyelid Lifter (15 ml / 0.5 floz)