Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has Anyone Experienced Facial Swelling From BBL Treatment?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
swoosh60

Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi, this is my first time posting here and wondering if anyone has any experience with BBL (broad band light) treatments used to "zap" age spots on the face. I had my first treatment in early August and other than the brown spots basically turning brown then black and flaking off within a week & 1/2 to two week period, it was great (although painful--like red hot rubberbands being snapped on your face). The results were worth it. I just had a second (and probably last) treatment yesterday to get the remaining spots and although I left the nurse's office fine, within a few hours I was getting puffy welts under my eyes and my cheeks started also getting puffy (as in swelling), and I wasn't too concerned (I used ice packs during the day yesterday), but last night I woke up at 3:00 am looking like a chipmunk. Ordinarily I could probably tolerate this, but I have to work in an office environment. I went into work this morning camoflaged with make-up, but it was pretty apparent my eyes/cheeks were swollen, and I went back to the dr's office to have it checked. They're telling me the swelling will go down with "time" (ya think Smile and to keep putting ice on periodically.

They did say that in trying to use a higher setting to zap the last remaining spots, that's what caused this.

Has anyone else had this negative experience, and if so, how long did the swelling last? Thanks!
Iblitz39

Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi. I found your post after searching for answers to my own swelling after ppl yesterday. I have had ipl 3 times before, but yesterday was my first bbl treatment. For the first time, I am quite swollen--mainly in the cheeks and jawline. Other than the swelling, I am much more pleased than I was with ipl. I have about 2x more black speckling going on. I just read that treatment should not be mixed between red and brown filters in the same visit. Well, mine was. My technician explained everything she was doing and she actually went from brown filter to red filter TWICE. I have a few spots I am afraid are beginning to blister. I am 25 hours out from the procedure. I did not ice (wish I had). Please keep me updated on how your are doing...
swoosh60

Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
Wow, I had mine done 7 years ago. Oddly enough, my swelling and minor blistering went down on about day 3 or 4. When I had a chance to ask my nurse practitioner about it later (she was on vacation when I had it done), she said that someone should have told me to take Benadryl. Ahh, hindsight. Anyways, no lasting bad effects or scarring, and unbelievably after 7 years, none of the original age spots or patches ever came back. But I am religious about sunscreen now too.
Hope that helps! Also make sure you are at least having a registered nurse doing the treatments, as mine were.
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:06 am      Reply with quote
I had my treatment done 3 days ago and still very swollen, have just taken a benadryl after reading this fingers crossed
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:16 am      Reply with quote
I am a big sweller after any of those type treatments. IPls make my face swell like a football. They sometimes prescribe a steroid pack if it gets too bad. If not I take benadryl or bromelain/arnica and that helps. Ice packs and alternate heat plus keeping the face elevated helps as well. Mine usually subsides each day and gone by day 4, bruising another few extra days.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |