Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help : Hairspray that doesn't Stink !! ( Smell Bad )
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone

Can anyone suggest a Hairspray that doesn't stink/smell like paint ?

I need something with a strong hold . Mouse and gels I have but don't do the job like Hairspray.

Any suggestions ? ( I don't care what it cost as long as it doesn't smell )

Thanks so much for your time Smile

Blue
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:53 am      Reply with quote
How about the legendary Sebastian Shaper? I actually like the way it smells. They have an extra-hold version too.
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thankyou mamawalnut Smile

I will buy it today !!

Blue
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I looked at this on MUA after I posted and it seems the scent is either a love it or hate it deal. I personally love it and some reviewers did as well but there were some who hated it. I think it's light and refreshing but you'd better do a test-whiff before you buy it. Smile
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have found the same problem with hairspray. My husband cannot tolerate the highly scented products and most do smell like paint thinner!
Try AG aerodynamics. It smells lightly at first then it's gone.
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again

Well Rite Aid didn't have it in stock .I'll keep checking around .

Anyone else have any suggestions ?

Blue

mamawalnut wrote:
I looked at this on MUA after I posted and it seems the scent is either a love it or hate it deal. I personally love it and some reviewers did as well but there were some who hated it. I think it's light and refreshing but you'd better do a test-whiff before you buy it. Smile
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks dochicus

I will keep my eyes peeled for this also. What stores carry this ?

Thanks !

Smile

Blue

doohicus wrote:
I have found the same problem with hairspray. My husband cannot tolerate the highly scented products and most do smell like paint thinner!
Try AG aerodynamics. It smells lightly at first then it's gone.
ejthomas
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if it's available or the same formula everywhere, but Schwarzkopf strong hold hairspray is my no.1 favourite, mainly because it's quick-drying with good hold. Minty fragrance, but maybe some might think it's still a little 'chemically'? OK, not a real word, but I hope you know what I mean. For fragrance, I can't go past Aveda's Air Control, but it doesn't have much hold at all, so I can only use this for casual days.

I'm 40 years old with normal / combo skin, fighting a legacy of bad genes and a somewhat irresponsible but fun series of poor lifestyle choices through my 20s (ok, maybe it might have stretched a bit longer than that...)
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried Clinique's non-aerosol hairspray? I'm sensitive to fragrance (prone to migraines) and I've used this one for YEARS--- the fragrance is barely there and not chemically at all.

Unfortunately I have to give two thumbs way down to the Sebastian shaper--- I think it reeks! Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
I just love Kendra 25. The smell is nice, but the hold is great. I have baby fine hair, and it does a very good job.
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Ladies !!

I will check out all suggestions Smile

Blue
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Here's another vote for Sebastian Shaper in the purplish can.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
I like the aussie brand (the purple can with the kangaroo). It's cheap and smells great. I've had lots of people tell me I smell good and I rarely wear perfume so it must be the hair spray.
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
As far as hair products go....all hairspray will be a bit harsh as it contains alcohol, but I have had great results, as has my sister...with teh

Giovanni Organic Hair Care Line..the LA hold spritz & shine of the times are awesome!!!

Kenra is a pretty good professional line for natural concepts.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Miss Shoes wrote:

Giovanni Organic Hair Care Line..the LA hold spritz & shine of the times are awesome!!!

I'm using the Giovanni LA Hold Spritz too and also like it. The scent doesn't seem (to me) as heavy as some other sprays. I've found the non-aerosol type in general tend to not smell so bad/strong, but it may just be the particular brands I've used.
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Here in the UK, Elnett is the spray that always wins all the annual hair and beauty awards, and with good reason. It is an excellent spray, with a variation for all types of hair (fine, colored, damaged), in different strengths (regular, strong to utra-strong) and come in both scented and unscented formulas. I used the super-strength for coloured hair and, although it is scented, it is barely noticeable.

I don't know if this is available in the States but if it any online retailers sell it I can highly recommened. They even do a handbag size (that i couldn't be without).
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |