Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Microfiber face cloths and towels
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lynnec
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Dose anyone else use microfiber face cloths? They kind of grip the oil, makeup and products on your face, and wash it away. I like that I don't have to use eye makeup remover to take off mascara. I also have a hair towel made out of the same stuff, and it dries my hair extra fast in the morning.

There is a company that sells actual clothes and towels, but it's fairly expensive, so I just bought a package of microfiber car washing clothes, which are the exact same thing, but less expensive. I really recommend them- I have all my friends hooked on using them!
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
I use such cloths for gentle exfoliation, but never to remove makeup or as a cleansing cloth - I still think a product will do a better job. I would not use it near the eyes as I have a few times and it was quite sensitising.

There are some people (the sellers) who make a big deal about not using industrial grade cloths for skin as they are extremely abrasive, I don't think I can feel a difference in texture when they are dry but I have never used a car washing one on the skin though.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Can you combine a microfiber cloth with a gentle cleanser? In theory, that would seem to be the best of all possible worlds.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
I have several of the clothes ranging in price from $2 (Walgreens) to $10 from a WEB site I've forgotten which. They have the same texture but the expensive one is much thicker. I like them all and recomend them highly. Just wipe your face with one of these after you've rinsed it and so much dirt comes off. I've never found one irritating. I like to use one with very warm water during OCM (like a steamer) and then use it to wipe the oil off. Mine are mostly face cloth sized but I also have a small mitt.
rockerlynne
5% products discount

Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I have been looking for these as I am doing the Obagi skin system and have heard they are good for the peelies that go along with Obagi.

I have looked at all the local drug stores, including Walgreen's and haven't seen them. What section have you found them in Sharky?

I also thought about the car ones but it just seems so weird!Like I should get some Turtle Wax as well!
www.rockerlynne.blogspot.com
You can see my Obagi stuff here. Amazing!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:44 am      Reply with quote
They were in the toiletries area at the end of an aisle with bath mitts and loofas. I believe they have small white mitts and pastel cleaning clothes. I bought these about a year ago. There are many on-line sources. As I said I see no difference in the texture between the ones for counter cleaning versus ones from the health care sites. The best ones seem jut to be thicker and "spongier". Sometimes I like the thinner ones better. There are tons of sources on the WEB.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I've been using microfiber cloths from PSF - very reasonable price, but small. I was expecting something the same size as a washcloth but have been amazed how clean my face is after using it!

BTW, I use it after my regular cleanser. I feel my skin benefits from my cleanser and don't subscribe to the water only cleansing method.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I bought mine from Nancy at NCN and am very happy with it. It looks like an ordinary washcloth. I believe the instructions said to cleanse face and remove makeup before using it. It's not supposed to be used with cleansers or soaps. It does take away any peelies from Retin A. I agree, it is not meant for use around the eyes!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Linensandthings has them for $4.99 - they are meant to clean glass, but its all the same anyhow. i like that they are larger than facial ones usually.
http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2168649&cp&sr=1&origkw=microfiber&kw=microfiber&parentPage=search
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have been looking in stores as I shop for other things.
And apparently a lot of others are too.
Most bags are torn open a bit so the texture can be felt.
I cant believe how many different brands,textures,etc.
I love them for face and I have been gently using around eyes.
And love my Microfiber blanket.
Take care
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the microfibre cloths that one can find in Home Depot for cleaning glass. Does a good job on my face, but I just received PSF cloths, and although they are small, they are still heavenly. Soft yet exfoliating. Small enough that they dry overnight. I'm happy with them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I got myself some PSF cloths (pack of 2) in my last EDS order. Wow, great price. I love PSF!

Lovely and soft. Clean well. And dry fast. BUT soooo teeny. I use both at the same time. Maybe I've got too used to my Eve Lom muslin cloths being such a great size but whilst I love the PSF ones in terms of quality, due to the size, I won't reorder.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Sometimes my local dollar store will have them for $1.00 each here in Canada or at Superstore for about $4.99 for the nice plush ones. These are all I use for all over the body cleansing.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
if the cleanser does a good job do we really need these cloths? I am just thinking we are adding unneccasary extra things into our routine as well as too much cleaning on the skin maybe stripping away the natural oils therefore making it worse.

I just dont see what are the xtra benefits of these cloths if we are cleaning properly Embarassed
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I know microfiber cloths can be used to cleanse skin with just water, but I'm wondering for those of you who do use cleansers with them, what cleansers do you use? TIA!

5% products discount

Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
I've been thinking about getting one of these for a while now. I just ordered the Clarisonic and will probably get the microfiber cloth to use when I travel to lighten my suitcase load. I found a few dealers on eBay that offer them at a really great price.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I just received NCN's cloths (Nanci had free shipping last week and now if you order, you get a free sample of No Lines Wrinkle remover) and it is really nice! I had flakey skin due to using a new medication for acne and I've really sensitive skin right now, for some reason that I dont know, but its been sensitive since I developed an itchy rash last month or so.
So, I couldnt use AHA, BHA or any scrubs at all. And I really need soem exfoliation and the microfibre cloth seems ideal.
I've only been using it one day and the flakes are near non-existent, still dry and slightly flakey but MMU seems to go on better now.
The cloths are quite large, thick and made in Korea and is priced at $12.50. It is quite expensive so I would like to know if there are any reputable ebayers that I can buy from in the UK, specifically these sellers:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8-LARGE-microfiber-CLOTHS-dusters-MICROFIBRE-polishing_W0QQitemZ140202491222QQihZ004QQcategoryZ11702QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ULTRA-SOFT-16-X16-MICROFIBRE-AUTO-CLOTHS-10-PACK_W0QQitemZ260208978999QQihZ016QQcategoryZ72201QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-CAR-VALETING-MICROFIBRE-POLISHING-CLOTHS_W0QQitemZ170191086663QQihZ007QQcategoryZ72201QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Since I got my Clarisonic, I don't use the PSF microfiber cloths at home anymore. But they are terrific for traveling--especially for Europe, where you seldom get washcloths in hotels. (And, somewhat off topic, I also love using a microfiber towel when traveling--it absorbs water quickly, so it super for getting hair dry faster and, when I wash out undies in the hotel sink and gently wring them out in the towel, they dry completely overnight. As an added bonus, you can use them as a blanket on long flights and train trips, to sit on while on the beach because sand doesn't stick to them, and as a "table cloth" for impromptu picnics.)
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft, I have a hard time believing that those microfiber towels really do anything more or faster because mine did nothing. I cut it up and use it for wiping the counter and sink in my bathroom. Granted, mine was the first generation when they first came out. Can you tell me where you got yours or what brand it is (mine is Acquis)? And to put down on the sand would be divine. There must be something that you know that I don't!
azdesertgal
5% products discount

Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
yeah yeah wrote:
I've only been using it one day and the flakes are near non-existent, still dry and slightly flakey but MMU seems to go on better now.
The cloths are quite large, thick and made in Korea and is priced at $12.50. It is quite expensive so I would like to know if there are any reputable ebayers that I can buy from in the UK, specifically these sellers:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8-LARGE-microfiber-CLOTHS-dusters-MICROFIBRE-polishing_W0QQitemZ140202491222QQihZ004QQcategoryZ11702QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ULTRA-SOFT-16-X16-MICROFIBRE-AUTO-CLOTHS-10-PACK_W0QQitemZ260208978999QQihZ016QQcategoryZ72201QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-CAR-VALETING-MICROFIBRE-POLISHING-CLOTHS_W0QQitemZ170191086663QQihZ007QQcategoryZ72201QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here are the eBay dealers I've been watching. They are based in the US, but do ship internationally.

http://stores.ebay.com/Best-Buy-By-Far_W0QQsspagenameZL2QQtZkm
Enchanted Waters offers the same "spa quality" DermaSpa cloths on eBay that they sell to spas. They also have a large variety of sizes and types for your face, body, and even your pet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SALE-Acne-Wrinkles-GONE-Microdermabrasion-Cloth_W0QQitemZ5513215090QQihZ001QQcategoryZ11862QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
Giselle sells "grade 1" quality cloths, and provides a good explanation about the tech behind these cloths. She offers free shipping to the states and very low shipping Internationally - $3.00 for 1, free for 2 or more.

HTH
BumbleB
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
I just got a box from drugstore dot com, and apparently I ordered an Aquis exfoliating shower towel (microfiber on one side & textured stuff on the other).
I was just absentmindedly rubbing it on my face whilst reading here, and it smoothed off the dry peelies from my chin. It will be interesting to see what it does for the rest of my skin!
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
The towel is use is the one sold by Rick Steves, the travel guy, on his website. It's got a fairly fine texture to it, and it really does absorb well and dries quickly. Also, because it isn't terry-like in texture, it packs down pretty effectively. I originally bought it when I was going on a three week long trip to Turkey and I wasn't sure that the little places I was staying would provide towels. Turned out to be a terrific purchase.

Incidentally, the PSF cloths are a completely different texture and weave--much more like a terry cloth washcloth. Hope this helps.
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:28 am      Reply with quote
I bought one for my recent trip to Europe, they are great space savers. I got mine from bed, bath, and beyond. They are more expensive than regular towels, but its worth the space in your luggage. I would not recommend them for your face.
azdesertgal
5% products discount

Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I just got a box from drugstore dot com, and apparently I ordered an Aquis exfoliating shower towel (microfiber on one side & textured stuff on the other).
I was just absentmindedly rubbing it on my face whilst reading here, and it smoothed off the dry peelies from my chin. It will be interesting to see what it does for the rest of my skin!

I have the Aquis hair towel. It does wonders absorbing the excess water. It has cut my drying time in half and I have a lot of hair!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the microfiber towel, the soft, velvety one for my hairdrying with good results. As some others have posted here, they are avail at Meijer's/WallieWorld in the auto section for drying your Mercedes!
The one I like for face exfoliationis from NCNProSkin - the thick waffle-textured one. I cleanse first with a gentle cleanser, Vivite, and then exfoliate with the cloth. Nice!

Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |