Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Heavy Eyelids
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Does anybody know of a product for your eyes that "lifts & tones" your outer lid area? I have "heavy eyelids" and no matter how much rest I get I think they always make me look tired.
I love the moisturizing eye creme that I am using (Hylunia) and it does wonders for wrinkles & fine lines, but I am looking for something to lift & tone that upper lid. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Padme
Skin Addict
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I've posted this before, but I'm asian and have single lids. My mother and grandmother both had to have the eyelid surgery because theirs drooped so much it impaired their vision. I've been using guelain issima success eye which has been made for eyelids. The improvement is not dramatic like surgery but noticeable enough that I can see more of my lashline. I am very happy with the product and am on my 2nd jar and will probably keep using it. It's the only product I've found that helps with eyelids. I use a different eye cream underneath my eyes when they are puffy. FYI: I usually get it on eBay for way cheaper than retail.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
I use a facial lifting masque that can also be applied to the lid area and it has helped tremendously. Smile

As I've aged, my eyelids became more and more "hooded" and you could see less and less of the actual lid. That makes you look tired and like you're frowning. Crying or Very sad

You apply the masque all over your face for a lift, but at the upper eye area, you apply it with upward and outward strokes through the eyebrow and it lifts from the brow, so that the eye appears more open and I can now see about a 1/4 inch of the lid, where before the hooded portion came down pretty much even with the lash line and even lower at the outer corner.

This masque has Argireline in it and I use a serum with Argireline and that also helps tighten and tone and helps with the crows feet at the outer corner of the eye.

I love the way my skin feels and looks after the masque and I consider the time it takes well worth it for the effect I get.
JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to both of you. I'll check out both products. Judy - what is the name of that masque that you use? I wonder if I used the guerlain and then the masque over it, it might give me a mini-eyelift! Shock
Thanks girls!
Padme
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
Thanks to both of you. I'll check out both products. Judy - what is the name of that masque that you use? I wonder if I used the guerlain and then the masque over it, it might give me a mini-eyelift! Shock
Thanks girls!
Padme

Just so you guys didn't think I was being rude in not answering, I answered PM.

The drooping or hooded eyelid seems to be a perpetual problem... at least it is for me. Sad

I can remember MANY years ago when I was a MK rep and we did shows where everyone put on the makeup and I would see how the eye shadow was so difficult for the "older" women to put on and how the eyelid was all crepey.

Well, I don't have to remember anymore, because I have it! Embarassed I do think I've improved the situation some, but it's really a pain getting old. Mad

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Judy. I have been away from the computer and didn't check my email. I'll check out both products. Thanks for the advice! Smile
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Judy, can I know the name too, please...
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:18 am      Reply with quote
The AlphaDerma's OKUSIL really does work. If it worked on my eyes there is hope. I have bags (which are much firmer). The hooded upper eye had responded great. I can see my lids again. Have been using Okusil for 2 weeks.

I am 59 years old. I do not want to look like I am 30 but want to be the best I can without surgery.

Loving this product line.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
I have bags (which are much firmer). The hooded upper eye had responded great. I can see my lids again. Have been using Okusil for 2 weeks.

I am 59 years old. I do not want to look like I am 30 but want to be the best I can without surgery.

Loving this product line.

Winnie...

When you say you have "bags" do they stick out or droop? I have improved my upper lids a lot and the lower area a little. I don't have bags, but the area just seems to be losing firmness and "sinking in" with wrinkles resulting. As I say, it's not as bad as it used to be, but I surely wish I could firm up that under eye area more. Pray

I just turned 60 (a young looking 60, I think) and I'm not trying to look 30. Just want to be the best 60 possible! Cool

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Judy,

I have BAGS! They stick out more then droop. Family trait. Since I started using Okusil they are much firmer and don't stick out as much. The product would probably work better on you. My bags have fat deposits and I can't get totally rid of that without a bluf. Okusil firms. Also, I noticed that the darker color on my upper lid is much lighter. Really loving this stuff!!!! To see those lids again is awesome.

My husband even has noticed the change in my skin. He is so sweet. When I try a new product I alway get excited and ask him if he notices a change. He replys: "you always look great." Yesterday, he said your skin looks beautiful. I think you found a product worth the money.
teenie

Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Worth trying for heavy eyelids are facial exercises. I'm sure there must be something on the internet with illustrations, but one I do that works really well is ........
Elbows on table and index finger along the line of your eyebrow and holding it firmly. Then whilst holding your eyebrows in a 'surprised' position - close your eyes and hold there for a slow count of 3. Do at least 10 of these morning and night and in the process of exercising the muscles you should notice a different. (and its free !!) Very Happy
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to report that I got a sample of the Guerlain Issima Success Eye creme and have been using it for about a week. I do notice that it seems to "firm up" my upper lid, but it seems like the effect is rather temporary.
I don't know if I'll buy it or not, as it is pretty expensive. I dunno. Have to wait and see. But I do see some minor results.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |