Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

OMG!! ANYBODY!! IN NEED OF HELP URGENTLY!! ='(
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sn0okemz

Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! Im new to this... im in love with this forum! I’m in need of advice for skincare to hair to make up.(the WORKS!)
And i've FINALLY got the courage to post this up.

I live in Australia. I'm 21 years old, Asian, grew up with 3 older brothers. I had no one around to teach me anything about beauty and skincare. I look and sound like a girl but im a boy at heart. If there’s anyone at all who can help me out, it would mean THE WORLD to me, honestly. I don’t think I could explain how much I’d appreciate it. Smile

For the past few years iv been trying to learn to be more girly. I’ve spent a fortune on products I thought would work for me but they jus sat there & gathered dust for me. I’m a sucker when it comes to brands/products on the market- plus, it doesn’t get me anywhere especially when I have no idea what to do and where to even start!

I’m SO interested on organic and natural stuff. Especially DIY!! I lose sleep because im constantly reading and looking up information about it. I want to learn more and know everything about natural ingredients that REALLY do work for your hair/skin/health – im scared and don’t want ANYTHING with chemicals at all on my hair/skin.
I’ve saved a lot of DIY recipes (mostly carekates ones!! Smile) I want to make them but im new and unsure~

Hair – Its down to my lower back. its VERY dry on the ends because ive dyed it from light to dark too many times (which wont happen anymore) and its SUPER OILY on the scalp!! When I wash it at night, it gets oily by morning so I HAVE to wash it every morning.. im currently just using ‘herbal essence’ for shamp & cond until i get help with DIY for it

Face – Super oily-skin.. Especially the‘t-zone’.. My forehead has heaps of these weird bumps – most of them look like little blackheads but bigger ones with these things in them where u can pop them out.. it feels really rough.. I hate them! I used to just scratch them all off which now lead to little scars all over my forehead.. I get a few red pimples here and there around my face & jawline, not many though.. but I often get the ones on my hairline-I have lots of baby hair.. they REALLY hurt!! I look like a monster when its my time of the month because I break out badly.. i didn’t know how to describe my skin, so I asked my bf..(he’s more of a girl than I am! Haha) he said that I have uneven skin tone and some ‘blemishes’..(he says its from picking my face, is that true?) under my eyes are a little bit dark and has some little green/blue veins

I want to wear make up, but im scarred because a few years ago, this lady at “Mac” did a whole make over for me.. Gosh it was
terrible! It was as though I had a mask on.. i looked like a ghost with red lipstick!!

I don’t really know how to put on make up.. I just do anything eg. Blush, Curl my eyelashes and put eyeliner & smudge with my finger.. but my eyelids get oily too!? Weird! That’s about it.. I want to look as natural as possible..
Im really interested in natural mineral powder stuff!! Theres so many different brands online and on ebay.. which are good?
whats a good eyelash curler that wont ruin your lashes? My eyelashes are uneven.. a lot gets stuck in my eyelash curler.. I want them to grow back and be more fuller..

Body – Very dry skin.. This lady at a shopping centre got me to buy this salt scrub she said it had minerals from the dead sea..? the brand is called “Seacret” ive been using it-the oil is really sticky and wont come off my skin after I shower, is that normal? Its helping my dry skin but its just too expensive to keep on buying.. im not sure if its even all natural like she said..
it costs $80.00 a jar! I left their shop/stand spending about $250 on their other products she recommended.. but have gone to waste because they don’t even work for me~
i get pimples on my back sometimes and I have lots of body hair, EVERYWHERE! Even on my back! its so unfair because all of my brothers body’s are hairless!... I cant really wear anything revealing in the day time cause its so noticeable.. You can really see the pores are big because Im always shaving, especially my legs & arms-its so annoying because it starts to grow out the very next day! If I had one thing that I could change about my body – is to have no body hair.. I WISH!!
Ive tried using the emjoi gently thing-but OUCH! the pain! I use the normal exfoliate gloves almost every time I shower-how come I still get ingrown hair? I try to pick it out and it ends up bleeding & scarring up as usual..

Feet – I used to wear heels all the time – I think its damaged my feet.. they are so ugly, dry and hard. Ive tried using the feet thing to file it away-but they don’t work for me =(
Nails – My nails always break/split/chip/bend.. i try maintain and grow them but it never works.. they’re always uneven because one or more break/chip off..

Wow-talk about essay!
currently im using ‘herbal essence’ for my hair..
face-im using Neutrogena blackhead cleanser, nothing else
body – if not the scrub, im using lux bodywash

these are all temporarily until I can find a natural cure for all of my problems!! *fingers crossed* if not DIY, im more than happy to invest in organic/natural products that are affordable!! AS LONG AS IT WORKS-ill be the most happiest girl on this planet!
I really appreciate those who took time to read this, and who are willing to help me out with any advice! I need ALL the help possible!

sn0okemz xx
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi sn0okemz, and welcome to the forum. Wow! That's a lot of info, and I'm not sure specifically which things you're wanting help with. Now that we have your facts, maybe you could narrow it down to a few questions?

I would say congrats on being so aware and trying to find your own answers at such a young age. You're well ahead of the game. I think we all do a lot of searching around, buying things that don't work out and then trying more, so please don't feel you've failed at anything. When you first find this forum, with so many savvy folks, it can be a bit overwhelming, as if you'll never understand it all, but hang in there and keep reading and posting. Little by little, it begins to click. I've been trying quite a few of those DIY recipes. My skin is in love with the aspirin masks.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
ch3r
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
welcome! and yes, please narrow the questions down to a few...its so overwhelming to have to answer those all at once!

I will suggest a few things, though:

Hair: trim off the dry ends. in the long run it will be healthier for your hair. deep condition weekly by leaving a conditioner in the hair for a half hour and then washing out. If you want to go the natural route, you can try an oil, like jojoba, coconut, castor, or even olive oil and mixing in some honey. it will make your hair nice and shiny.

Makeup: certainly try mineral makeup. (i like Alima and they ship internationally) they look very natural and are easy to use. if your lids are oily, try a primer such as Urban Decay primer potion. it's great..makes the eye shadow stay on all day. you can certainly use your fingers to apply e/s, but you can also use a brush. Basics for an everyday look that makes you look polished? for me, a quick brush of mineral powder and blush, groomed brows, mascara, and light a gloss for lips, if you like.
A good eyelash curler really depends on your eye shape. Lots of ladies love Shu Uemura. but this caused major pinching for me, I guess because I have a super round eye. I much prefer Tarte. Some also like the shiseido curler.

HTH.
sn0okemz

Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi !! thanks heaps for the replies! I was scared no one would have even bothered! And im sorry for not making myself clear! Okay,

Hair – I want a shampoo and conditioner that will stop making my scalp so oily! And hair treatments to help it come back to life!
Either DIY recipe’s or even any recommendations for organic/natural products I can buy that’s affordable and will work.. because what im using now, apparently is ‘stripping’ all of the natural oils which makes my scalp produce more oil?

Ch3r-Theres so many oils~ which one actually does the best job for a hair treatment? Olive? Castor? Avocado? Joba Joba? Wheat germ? Apricot kernel? or are they just all the same? Plus honey.. and im going to get a trim tomorrow! =)

Face – I want a good umm .. face wash routine thingo.. apparently you have to “Cleanse, Tone and Moisterize” ??
I just attempted to make my first DIY .. ‘carekates homemade ACV super toner’ ive put everything in there that would benefit for my skin.. so now I need a cleanser and moisturizer.. –do I need anything else???
Again-any DIY’s or recommendations for organic/natural products that can help my oily breakout face become clean, clear and smooth!

Body –I hate having to always moisterize my dry skin, I don’t always have the time to do so.. Are there any ways to keep your skin moisturized? I need a liquid soap/body wash that will benefit my dry skin.. and again-(DIY’s or all natural organic prods! =D)

Those are the main problems I want to work on at the moment..
What do you guys do? And use for your hair/skin?

Catballou: which DIY recipes have you tried?? Do they work? what are the ingredients in some of them? Im really scared to go look for things at shops..
because Last time I jotted down things I needed to buy like ‘joba joba .. witch hazel etc..'
I didn’t know what on earth they were or looked like so I asked this man at the health food store for ‘witch hazel-for your face/skin recipe’
he looked at me like I was crazy and said that its for hemmroids and that you don’t put it on your face! turned around to his workmate and laughed at me..
I totally went all RED! Never going back there AGAIN! but now I finally know what they are and I have them! lol!
ch3r
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
sn0okemz wrote:

Ch3r-Theres so many oils~ which one actually does the best job for a hair treatment? Olive? Castor? Avocado? Joba Joba? Wheat germ? Apricot kernel? or are they just all the same? Plus honey.. and im going to get a trim tomorrow! =)

It really depends on how your hair reacts to it. Everything new is an experiment. Not only for hair, but also for face/body products. I've used jojoba and it doesn't work as well on my hair as olive oil does. It kinda left my hair feeling dry, which is the opposite effect of what I was trying to achieve! Some people have great results with it though. Try them all, to get a small bottle is really inexpensive. Also, I forgot to mention, it's also good to warm up the mixture before applying to your hair. Whether it's going to work better with the hair wet or dry is also an experiment in itself. I find for myself, that it works better when the hair is wet.

HTH.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Heya

Welcome to the forum Smile

Wow you really sound like ME a few years ago! I am Asian, and had the exact same problems.. uber greasy skin & scalp, dry body skin...

Here are just a list of things that have helped me cope with those problems

Hair - I would recommend WEN conditioning shampoos, or you can follow the ingredients and make a similar base once you try the WEN product. It is not a detergent based shampoo so does not strip the hair.

Face - Try non gel based cleansers, and if you still have a budget to spare, I'd recommend grabbing a tube of Dr Hauschka cleansing cream or milk, or Jurlique cleansing cream. Also try Jurlique's Silk Dust (or your own rice/silk dust mixture) and that will keep oils away for quite a while.

Don't worry so much about the makeup! Get your skin looking good first, otherwise your makeup melts off and you end up looking greasier than before.

I'd also recommend OC8 mattifying gel for the day, I am currently using this and it is better than most silicone primers I have tried.

As for your dry body skin, if you don't like having oils make you feel greasy, try buying a little glycerine and mixing it with water at about 5%, it will help moisturise the skin without feeling greasy.

If you have the time and patience, definitely try massaging your hair with some plant oils. I would recommend hazelnut and olive. Hazelnut balances the skin and olive promotes hair growth. Most other oils might be too thick or not for the scalp. Things like castor must be diluted, wheatgerm is very thick, same with avocado.

Also, I started supplementing things in my diet to help balance this oily/dry skin dilemma. Usually these symptoms are a sign of omega-3 imbalance. I started taking fish and flax seed oils and that improved my body's dryness.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I am Asian too. Sorry to hear all your problems.

Instead of giving you advice one by one, I highly recommended you to pay attention to some basic things:

- maintain healthy diet (more vegetables, less meat, less oil, less salt...)
- drink more warm water
- enough sleep
- regular physical exercise
- must have sunscreen protection every day

If you could imrpove your health condition, your skin and hair could be better.

HTH~~
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried Revitanail for the nails?
sn0okemz

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:04 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Juliemarie"]Have you tried Revitanail for the nails?[/quote]

No i havent? what does it do?? ill look it up..

Thanks for the replies guys!!
alimwj
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I've almost the exact same problem u have =) and i'm 21.. yeah.. anyway..

for hair.. i can't give u much advice as i'm still trying to find myself a suitable products.. but i might try WEN as the other member suggested.

Also, incorporated my DIY face mask recently.
erm.. it's kinda hard to tell how much of what things to add.. u add them depending on ur skin condition (for example, if more blemish than u add more aspirin n sea salt), (if too drying, add more yoghurt & honey) but basic ingredients are..
frech green clay, greek yoghurt (the texture is much thicker than normal one), raw organic honey, celtic sea salt, aspirin, aloe vera juice. so it basically deep cleanser and the same time moisturises. If u are in Australia, maybe try getting ur raw ingredients from online supplier like New Direction/ Aussie Supplies.

Body.. I'm still trying to find a suitable one.. cause my body itch everytime i'm in Melbourne but no such things happening when i'm in Malaysia. weather is more damp there.. =)

Hmm.. hope it's not too much to digest. But look around the forum for recipes, I'm also new to DIY and am trying to make things myself. However, i think the easiest place to start is toner n mask. Good Luck!

*home-based product discussion removed by moderator*
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:56 am      Reply with quote
Heya, welcome to the forum! I'll chime in and second a few suggestions by other members.

Hair -- try a natural brand that doesn't contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) or Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES). These are the main detergents used in most commercial shampoos, and they can strip the oil just like you said which can really irritate the scalp. Some alternatives are Burt's Bees, John Masters Organics (a tad pricy), and there are a zillion other brands available at health food stores -- just read ingredient lists.

Facial skincare -- have you tried Epidermx II? They sell it here on EDS, and lots of people have good luck with it. Another thing to try might be Dr. Hauschka Normalizing Day Oil -- it seems counterintuitive to apply an oil to oily skin, but it can really help. I've also heard good things about Decleor's Ylang Ylang collection, but I have yet to try it. EDS has samples so you could request those to try it out first.

Body skincare -- don't spend $80 for a salt scrub! Go purchase some sea salt, and combine it with olive, sesame, coconut, safflower, almond, soybean, apricot, macadamia, or avocado oil. Or grapeseed, sunflower, etc.... almost any oil you can find in your kitchen pantry will be great for your body skin! Just combine salt and oil and rub rub rub. You can also try using sugar instead of salt if you like. It IS normal that some oil wouldn't rinse off, and that's good -- the oil will seal in the moisture from the shower, and help hydrate and soften your skin that way.

Good luck -- you have lots of other good suggestions here, like powders and eye shadow primers/bases. I know it's overwhelming at first, but have fun with skincare/beauty stuff above all else -- it should be a joy and not a chore! And rest assured that you're not the only one freaked out by MAC makeovers. That kind of stuff just isn't for everyone. Personally, I've only ever worn foundation when I was in a school play. Some people just work better without it. Mix and match, play, get samples, and enjoy!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi snookemz, I knew you'd get a lot of great advise from other EDS members! wave

One year ago, my facial skin was very breakout prone, lot of blackheads and fine lines. At this point one year later, my oily/acne prone skin has been upgraded to oily. Combo during the Santa Ana winds. Even better, I'm spending less money on better products!

You're off to a great start, I wish I would have focused on skincare instead of makeup when I was in my twenties! Very Happy I agree with minarets, BTW. Focus on beautiful skin health, then worry about makeup. If, however, you want to wear makeup to conceal blemishes, mineral makeup is definitely the way to go. A lot of companies like alima, meow cosmetics, everyday minerals will offer you samples so you can find the perfect shade for you.

For oily hair, I would recommend jojoba oil to increase shine. Dry ends should be trimmed. Ummm, for natural shampoos and conditioners on a budget, I would recommend Trader Joe's but don't know if you can find a local TJ's down under. Look for the thread in the review section re: Yes to Carrots. These are very reasonably priced shampoo/conditioners, although the formulas may be too rich for your hair.

For body care, have you considered the dry brush method? I don't do this as often as I should, but those that subscribe to it on a daily basis insist they never have to use lotion on their legs. Basically, you take a big natural bristle brush, stand in the shower or bathtub [don't turn on the water yet] and scrub all over. The bristles exfoliate legs, back and wherever; it's supposed to work better on dry skin than wet [ergo, the dry brush method Laughing ]

I hope this helps sweetie, keep reading EDS forums and especially the DIY section if you're interested in concocting your own formulations. Use your own sound judgment to measure the things you wish to incorporate into your routine. Like an forum, be careful to weed out the truly informative posts from the questionable ones and keep in mind that what works for others may not work for you and vice versa. Above all, be patient, some things take time before you see results. The tortoise will win over the sprinter when it comes to health and beauty.

P.S. You're not the only "late bloomer". I too was a total tomboy through my teens; never wore dresses, spent my time climbing trees, riding bikes and skateboards instead of playing house and dolls. Didn't get interested in the girl stuff until my late teens. Laughing

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Chloelee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I didn't really go through that many problems.And my friends all said I have good skin. But I do have relatively dry skin. So to share a few tips.

If you can stand, don't shower too long or too often. I used to shower twice a day for summer and winter. Now I don't esp. in winter. Use mild body wash, for me I use shea Butter for my body wash. They really works. Make sure you do put moisturizer on your skin esp on knees, elbows, neckbones. of course better cover the whole body.

Diet wise, eat less oily food, try avoid fried stuff for a month and see if your skin improves. Eat a lot of veggies and fruits. For me, everyday I eat at least three fruits. Drink more water instead soft drinks or juices. When you see the changes u will build up your determination for better skin.

It will take some time but wont take that long to see positive results.

Smile
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Ditch the Herbal Essences. Start doing a Apple cider vinegar rinse once weekly-- I think this will help with the oily scalp and the pimples you described at your hairline(which I think are probably caused by the Herbal Essences). Definitely get a haircut to get rid of damaged hair.

I've never had good luck with organic/ natural hair prodcuts. A good line is Yes to Carrots. They are paraben free, etc. Redken is also good.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Snookemz Smile
Quote:
Catballou: which DIY recipes have you tried?? Do they work? what are the ingredients in some of them? Im really scared to go look for things at shops..

I know exactly how you feel, but I've gotten over being intimidated about asking for things in the health food stores. That was really uncalled for when they laughed at you, just shows their own shortcomings.

I've tried several recipes and alternative product suggestions I've learned here, but the aspirin mask is my favorite so far. I began by making it as directed and then started adding my own ingredients. My latest is made from yogurt, crushed aspirins, blueberry extract, vitamin C powder, brewer's yeast, a little honey, and a drop of clary sage oil. It's very healing; I use Renova every night and sometimes my eyelids are so raw (the dermatologist told me to use it on my lids) that I just about scream when I put Renova on, but if I've used my mask beforehand, there's no pain at all.

Also, since joining here, I've tried mineral makeup, still not sold on it. I'm using CP and Hyaluronic serum, but I read last night on the Dr. Pickart forum that he's saying the Hyaluronic acid damages skin. You just never know whom to believe. And I've begun doing facial flex and have ordered Carole Maggio facercise DVDs and am using LightStim.

You've gotten a lot of good info in your thread, and I think the main thing is keep trying. Our skin suffers when we neglect it even for short periods of time. You're on the right track, young lady. Atta girl!

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
sn0okemz

Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:12 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

i cant thank all of you's enough!!! soooo much information-ive summed what you all have recommended in point form~

BUTTTTTTT! i made a toner! with:

ACV
neroli hydrosol
witch hazel
ylang ylang and lemon EO

alimwj: is aspirin aspro clear?? my bf puts it in water n drinks it sometimes.. its expensive~

i read somewhere that aspirin is made from white willow bark-would it work and help if i put it in boiling water til it cools and add it to my toner? my bf said if i put aspro clear in my toner, it would make my face sticky Confused

ginnielizz: i live in australia.. do you know where can i get burts bees shampoo from? i couldnt find WEN either.. i spent FOREVER at my local supermarket in the shampoo section just reading the ingredients! Laughing
ALL of them have that SLS stuff!! what is it? do the people who make shampoo etc know its not good for you? why cant they just not add that ingredient in?

and im gonna try the scrub! whats the difference with the suga and salt?? does it matter which one you put??
and can you do a mixture of those oils?? or pick any??

AND A BIGGGGG HI TO ATHENA123!! you were right! *BIG HUG* thanks~ Very Happy
what is trader joes?? and where do i get yes to carrots where i am?
where do i buy the brush to do the dry brush method? does it hurt?

im wanting to try the Oil Cleansing Method.. i was up all night reading a post on the long hair community forum..

I ALSO received my ***** sampler today!! thanx athena123.. so now i just need to figure out where to begin and fit it all in..

violetanne: i made a ACV rinse in a spray bottle for my hair~ with:
ACV and only a few drops of each-
ylang ylang EO
cypress EO
geranium EO
lemon EO
peppermint EO
lavendar EO
rosemary EO

dont think it will take effect yet because im still using something with SLS in it-so i gota find a non-SLS one so i can start asaP!

catballou: thanks~~~~~ its so interestinggg! and im gonna keep at it! trial n error..
alimwj
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:23 am      Reply with quote
hi.. erm.. aspirin is basically dispirin.. i'm not sure if it's aspro clear.. i bought mine from Malaysia.. aspirin is basically panadol.. so it's a very cheap thing..

but u can try white whillow bark.. i try to find in discount health shop in Melbourne but they only have them in capsules and its quite expensive.. the salegirl suggest i try health FOOD store instead.. so i might go to places like organic food stores to find white whillow bark..

but basically.. add very little water to the aspirin to slightly dissolve it so it's not in capsules as u dun want it to be too diluted.. u can also add them into ur toner if u want...

erm.. i think sugar is less harsh compare to salt BUT salt has the benefits of minerals compare to sugar (especially dead sea salt).. u can order this from online or try AUROMA (in Hawthorn, Melbourne).. a shop where sells pure essential oils, raw butters............

Also, Yes to Carrots can be found in BIGW.. i saw some in the one in Melbourne.. I suggest try Target.. i saw them on the online broucher but the salesperson in Target told me he's not sure if they stock it.

Also, i think drinking lemon juice + water first thing in the morning helps clear up the skin.. or u can cut a slice of lemon n put it in ur water to drink trhoughout the day..

FOr shampoos.. if u are looking for natural based shampoos.. dun go to supermarket.. u'll definitely not find anything there.. and it'll only frustrate u when u can't find one.. try health stores.. In Melbourne, there's palces like Discount Health Store that stores Avalon Organic, Natural Instinct...

HTH
k! (orangewasabi)
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I can so relate to your post . . . These forums are the best, without them I would never have had access to all this 'girlie' information, I had NO idea when I started, what I didn't know. I feel like I finally have a set of resources to count on now so you're in a good place.

My tips relate to makeup for combo/oily skin:
- I'd highly recommend Every Day Minerals, they have excellent matches for asian tones
- Also, BareFaced Minerals illuminating powder, the Cosmopolitan colour is wicked for asian skin, the blue just clears it right up
- Get a good brow highlighter -- that's a light colour that helps brighten your eye area. I use BE's natural light / back light.
- get comfortable with brushes and start using a gel eyeliner . . . so much better/more natural looking. I like the gel liner from JW Minerals (which is LadyBurd made).
- when you get brushes, get the smallest ones, the "all over" eye brushes are too big for most asian eyes.

Okay now get to the library and get the following books:
1/ Plastic Surgery without the Surgery by Eve Pearl
2/ Asian Beauty by Margaret Kimura
These two books will teach you how to apply makeup, shade / contour your face to bring out your best features and hide your flaws.
chouchouzhang
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
I can give you some ideas.

hair: do some treatment on hair. choose some mask for hair, and the best way to cut the ends of the hair then do the treatment.

body: before use body lotion, put some toner for face on your body, it will help the body lotion to be absorbed and use body scrub once or twice a week to refresh body skin.

make up: read some fashion books and choose the color series you like, then practice, practice, practice. you will be getting better and better.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
sn0okemz wrote:
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

i cant thank all of you's enough!!! soooo much information-ive summed what you all have recommended in point form~

BUTTTTTTT! i made a toner! with:

ACV
neroli hydrosol
witch hazel
ylang ylang and lemon EO

snookes, I knew you'd find a ton of help here! Trader Joe's is a retail godsend; they specialize in natural, organic goods, gourmet foods at rock bottom prices here in the USA. A lot of great natural health/beauty is sold under their label and the shampoo/conditioners have gotten a lot of great reviews. If the other suggestions for finding Yes to Carrots don't pan out, go towww.walgreens.com and see if they ship to Australia. Check out the reviews and see if these ingredients will work for you.

Regarding your toner recipe, I think lemon EO can contribute to photosensitivity; be sure to use a good sunscreen, OK? And I'd want to check the PH on that to make sure it's not too acidic.

Cheers and kind regards, you're on the right track Laughing

oops, almost forgot about the dry brush scrubbing. You can find the brush at most natural health stores; I found mine at the dollar store and only had to pay $4usd for it. It's a lon'g handled brush with soft natural bristles about 3/4 of an inch long. No it doesn't hurt and actually feels pretty nice when you scrub.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Oh wow - I don't know if you'll like this suggestion but for your face, those bumps with "stuff" inside (is it those hard little waxy "pod-like" things?)... the best thing I can think of is get a good facial done - I prefer Asian-style facials the best, they extract all that gunk out of your skin and use a high frequency machine on your face afterwards to help heal the skin where there's been extractions and also helps kill off bacteria on the skin that could cause pimples.

After you've had a facial, and most of the gunk is out of your pores keep them clean with exfoliation, probably try BHA or my new fave, EpidermxII microdermabrasion cream.

Super oily skin can be 2 things:
1. overactive oil glands
2. overactive oil glands due to severely dehydrated skin.

If you're #1, exfoliation and light moisturizing should help... if you're #2, you'll be shocked just how quickly your skin stops overproducing oil once you start using (oil free) moisturizers that hydrate your skin! You need to give your skin some time to realize it's being hydrated, once it does, you'll find a lot less oil production.
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Since you are in Oz, check outwww.organiconline.com. They are based in Singapore & carry the Ozzie line of Naturalis organic products plus lots of other organic lines. I've used Naturalis' Sebaceous Hyperplasia Treatment for those little hard bumps you described...follow instructions, it works. Plus all the diet and clean skin routines suggested by others will help.

Shipping should be easy & they will understand any problems particular to Asian skin.

Good luck.
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Naturalis, the Ozzie organic line, also has a web site: www.naturalisproducts.com.

This should help you a lot.

Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |