Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
I just had artefill,the PERMANENT wrinkle filler-love it!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I think a good point here is to be at a healthy weight and doing all you can ahead of time - diet, exercise, nutrition before going for the permanent filler.

I may end up with a lower face lift or something like that in a few years. But like LucyLuc I just got tired of the repeat waste of time and money on fillers that did not last. Also I think maybe less is more. I had a syringe worth and it has made a nice lift/improvement in the NL area. I can't see a shift in my face will be an issue. Howwever I think if you really pumped it in in larger quantities this could happen.

My PS does all the fillers and he was very positive about this procedure.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I had a followup with my Plastic Surgeon (I had implants put in a couple of weeks ago). He is listed on the Artefill website as having been trained in the injections. While there I asked about Artefill. He said there was an article in this months Journal of Plastic Surgery. He said there were some issues with this filler and some bad outcomes. He admitted he had not had time to completely read the article yet. I just wanted to let you guys know in case you wanted to find the article and read it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I've read it can shift. For me - it's been almost two weeks and it looks completely natural - no lumps, bumps, or anything. Smooth and my NL folds are much, much reduced. So far - so good.
I''m sure like anything this can have it's problems but it has been used in Europe (for the big test drive) for years.
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for all the information, but I am not sure about the perminant part, are you sure the results are really perminant as we all age over time. What kind of follow up skin product did the doctor recommend after the procedure?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
As I understand it - the product and the results as placed are there at least five years. LIke any plastic surgery procedure your skin, aging still continues on. So of course the results are not forever just the product placement. In other words instead of having injections every six months for the next five years, I should be good to go. After that - well, it's the knife! Laughing
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
CAn anyone tell me if there are any doctor in Sacramento, CA? I am looking into this and would like to get more information but if there are no doctors in Sacramento that can do this I may not persue this any further. Thanks
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again -
Artefill.com - They list providers. I found one and I live in Pudunck!
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I went in for botox today and while i was there noticed a sign about aftefill..I asked the doctor about it and he seemed quiet knowledgeable about it. He told me artefill is an improved version of articoll. I ended up getting the patch test. He changed 100.00 but will get it credited when I do the fill. Well, when I got home I looked for his name on the artifill web site and he wasn't listed....now I am wondering if I should go with a doctor on the list...for some reason I feel comfortable with him but would hate a mess with a permanent filler. any thoughts.
Lou
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Is everyone still happy with their artefill???
Lou
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Yes... love my artefill. Looks great - no lumps - very nice fill. Could'n't be happier.
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Gosh..I just don't knwo what to do...forget the 100 dollar test and go to a doctor on the artefill list or just go with the doctor I saw today..YIKES...

Lou
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Has he done a lot of fillers in the past? I would ask him how long he has been doing artefill - call and ask his staff.

If he has experience with fillers and has been doing artefill for at least 6 months - I'd consider using him. My doc was maybe doing this one year and I live in nowhereville so I'm sure he wasn't super experienced but he has done fillers for a long time and so I knew his work and trusted his work.

I'd hate to see you lose your $100 but I know the results are the important issue.
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much sister,

He said he did a lot of fillers, and even said he did not like the original artefill (articoll). He seemed to know what he was doing with the Botox, he didn't use any numbing cream (I was so scared) and it did not hurt one bit. I did smile lines and !! between eyes..just wish it would kick in already.. Very Happy I will call the office and ask how long he has been doing artefill. He told he does talks on fillers...I asked about my under eye puffiness, he said he could inject but he did not recommend it (which makes me feel like he is honest and not just wanting to take my money).
Thanks again for listening..I just needed to vent.

Lou
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I love this filler its the best.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Lucy. I've had two other types and this is the one that works. And lasts.
taojonz

Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:15 am      Reply with quote
I'd not heard of Artefill....(thanks to Board!)

I've had Resty...and like most other people, happy with the VERY short result...unhappy with the lasting ability vs price.

Look forward to giving it a try...and will report back!

5% products discount

Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:42 am      Reply with quote
After seeing raves about this, the thread seems to have died. Who is still happy with this procedure? Would you recommend it for N/L lines? Thanks for input.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
I am still happy with the artefill I got in Nov. 2007 so far its lasting.
stephanie128
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:04 am      Reply with quote
does anyone know of a doctor that does this in the UK? I live in Yorkshire and would be interested in having this done.

Steph

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
This may sound like a stupid question, but I really don't know the answer. I've been seriously considering getting fillers for my tear troughs. If I go to a med spa (doctor there), do I have to leave a tip????
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
I've never heard of tipping a Dr. Seems tacky if they'd expect it.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:50 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I've never heard of tipping a Dr. Seems tacky if they'd expect it.

I agree, I have gone to a medical spa many times and never tipped.

I have seriously been considering getting artefill but am afrail of it shifting or something going wrong. I know it is permenent, but does anyone know exactly how long it lasts? Will your body absorb any of it? I am asking, because I am 27 and want it for some fine lines that are bothering me around my mouth and know that later on I'll probably get a face lift when the time comes. I heard other members say if you get a face lift that the injection site will stay there.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:24 am      Reply with quote
A note of caution.

I just read in a European newspaper that the Society of Plastic Surgeons is pushing to have all permanent fillers banned. They are now considered dangerous.

This may apply to European fillers only. Europe has 137 type of fillers while in US the FDA has approved only 7 of them, perhaps American fillers are safer but I would still be leery of permanent fillers.

I tried to find a related article in English but didn't find any.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
A note of caution.

I just read in a European newspaper that the Society of Plastic Surgeons is pushing to have all permanent fillers banned. They are now considered dangerous.

This may apply to European fillers only. Europe has 137 type of fillers while in US the FDA has approved only 7 of them, perhaps American fillers are safer but I would still be leery of permanent fillers.

I tried to find a related article in English but didn't find any.

That is good to know! I had no idea that Europe had so many fillers you could use. I would imagine not all are safe for the US to have only 7.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have also read that cosmetic surgeons are veering away from permanent fillers. This is because as we age our faces evolve - nothing stays the same. So that a permanent filler that might have been ok when you were 30 might look terrible by the time you're 40. I would also suggest that 24 is far too young to be considering a permanent filler. Have a look at the new generation of thicker fillers that are supposed to last longer.

I think Priscilla Presley is a classic example of permanent fillers gone wrong.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |