Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Lavera Shampoo + Conditioner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
havana8

Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've been on a shampoo/conditioner hunt for the last few months. After some underwhelming tries and disappointments, I was pleasantly surprised to find out how much I like both of these.

Lavera Cornflower Shampoo
Anti-dandruff effect

This is an SLS-free shampoo that comes out of the bottle as a pearlescent formed line of gel rather than the more common sirupy-like texture of other shampoos. Despite being SLS-free, it actually lathers and is not drying in the least. I usually shampoo twice, once quickly with whatever is in the shower (currently Yes to Carrots! shampoo which I didn't realize had SLS until I received it Confused ) and then a second time with the Lavera Cornflower Shampoo which I leave on for a minute or so and then rinse. If you are one that shampoos twice like me, it lathers even better the second time. I've found this shampoo to be very gentle and non-irritating to my excema-prone scalp and the more I use it, the less irritable my scalp seems to be. The scent is pleasant and mildly refreshing--light, earthy and kind of limey.

Official Description: SLS free natural shampoo with anti dandruff effect. Made with extracts of cornflower, sage, rosemary and witch hazel.

Ingredients CTFA/INCI: Water (Aqua), Sodium Coco Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauroyl Sarcosine, Coco Glucoside, Glycerin, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract*, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Water*, Melia Azadirachta Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Water*, Sea Salt (Maris Sal)*, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water*, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Water*, Ascophylium Extract, Sapindus Trifolantus Fruit Extract*, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxpropltrimonium Chloride, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Glycol Distearate, Alcohol*, Fragrance (Parfum)**, Limonene**, Linalool**, Citral**, Geraniol** (* ingredients from certified organic argriculture; ** natural essential oils)

Suitable for vegans

Size: 8.2 fl oz / 250 ml

Packaging: recyclable dark plastic bottle with an attached flip-up lid

------

Lavera Rose Milk Repairing Hair Conditioner
For stressed & dry hair

I've been following the Cornflower Shampoo with this conditioner, which I leave on for a few minutes or so before rinsing. It has a subtle but pretty scent and leaves my wet hair feeling like velvet! Once dried, my hair is left soft with no loss in body. For those who are sensitive to smell, there is barely any lasting scent from either of these products.

Official Description: Rose Milk Repairing Hair Conditioner for stressed and dry hair. Rose milk, macadamia nut and avocado oil together with a mild natural conditioning ingredient (fettamin) provide intensive deep treatment. Highest quality olives and peach extracts give shine and jojoba oil adds moisture. In addition to panthenol this creamy conditioner contains vitamin B5 for strengthening the hair as well as lecithin.

Ingredients CTFA/INCI: Aqua (Water), Alcohol*, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil)*, Sodium Lactate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Avocado Oil*, Macadamia Ternifolia Oil*, Jojoba Seed Oil*, Lauroyl Sarcosine, Squalene, Rosa Damascena Flower Water*, Peach Extract*, Olive Fruit Extract, Biotin, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Sodium Hyalouronate, Tartaric Acid, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Parfum (from natural Essential Oils)

Suitable for vegans

Size: 5 fl oz / 150 ml

Packaging: recyclable semi-opague bright green short & chubby plastic tube with an attached flip-top lid

Both /5

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this and other Lavera hair products! Very Happy
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review Havana. Do you know why they put alcohol in both shampoo and conditioner? Is alcohol not good for your hair, i.e. it dries your hair out?
havana8

Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Bkkgirl! Smile In the Ingredient Overview section of their website, they say that the alcohol they use is obtained from fermented sugar beets and that it has a disinfectant and natural preservative effect...

http://www.lavera.com/faq_ingredient_overview.php
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:49 am      Reply with quote
wow, thank you for the lovely reviews! do you know if these products are ok for color treated hair?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Havana, thank you for your reply. Very Happy I wonder what is Sodium Coco Sulfate? Is that related to SLS at all? Does the conditioner leave your hair soft until the next wash? (I found that my hair sometimes feels soft after the wash, but in a day, it returns to its dry state.) What kind of hair texture do you have? Is your hair chemically processed at all?
havana8

Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
chimera wrote:
wow, thank you for the lovely reviews! do you know if these products are ok for color treated hair?

I didn't even realize they had so many shampoos and conditioners! Yowsa! Laughing Apparently all their shampoos are okay to use with colour-treated hair but their Mango Milk Shampoo is specially geared towards colour protection.

http://www.lavera.com/products.php?p=product&id=216&parent=1000017

bkkgirl wrote:
Havana, thank you for your reply. Very Happy I wonder what is Sodium Coco Sulfate? Is that related to SLS at all? Does the conditioner leave your hair soft until the next wash? (I found that my hair sometimes feels soft after the wash, but in a day, it returns to its dry state.) What kind of hair texture do you have? Is your hair chemically processed at all?

C, just going off their Ingredient Overview, it looks as if it is the coconut-based replacement for SLS, a "blend of glutamic acid and natural fatty acids from coconut". I notice the Green People and other natural/organic companies use it too.

Sorry, I guess I should have mentioned my hair type! I have medium length hair (currently about 4" below my shoulders) that is on the fine side although I have lots of it. Oh! and I colour-treat it twice a year. I haven't noticed my hair drying out by the second day--is that what you mean?
havana8

Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:10 am      Reply with quote
I was recently give a sample of the Mango Milk Repair Treatment for Coloured Hair & Colour Protection and have to say it's another great hair conditioning product from Lavera that leaves the hair soft but again with no loss in body. The scent of this one is again really lovely, more along the lines of fruity/mango-y.

Blurb: This new hair repair treatment contains mango milk, shea and cocoa butter, rice extracts, biotin and Provitamin B5. As a special ingredient we have added cotton flower extracts to the mango milk hair treatment which have a smoothing action on stressed hair and provide brilliant shine.

Application: Massage into moist hair after washing. Let conditioner work in for 5-10 minutes then rise out thoroughly. Recommendation of usage: once per week.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Alcohol*, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil)*, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Sodium Lactate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*, Butyrosperimum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado Oil), Dicaprylyl Ether; Lauryl Alcohol, Lauroyl Sarcosine, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract*, Camelia Oleifera Leaf Extract*, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract*, Gosspium Herbaceum (Cotton) Extract, Biotin, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tartaric Acid, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Fragrance (Parfum)**, Limonene**
* ingredients from certified organic agriculture ** natural essential oils
bamboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review!! Do you know if there's "silicon" or anything similar in their conditioner?
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I have bought a bottle of the cornflower shampoo yesterday . Hopefully, it will calm my psoriasis scalp
I am already a fan of the Mango conditioner, which is really effective for a natural product
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:27 am      Reply with quote
hmm... is this natural organic product line?

Where can we get this in US ? regular drugstore or whole food?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:18 am      Reply with quote
it's a german brand? i heard of it ago
havana8

Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
bamboo wrote:
Thanks for the review!! Do you know if there's "silicon" or anything similar in their conditioner?

I don't think so but maybe double-check the ingredient listings posted above for the two I tried. Also, here is the link to their Ingredient Overview page where you can look up more info on each ingredient…

http://www.lavera.com/faq_ingredient_overview.php

fishzebby wrote:
hmm... is this natural organic product line?

Where can we get this in US ? regular drugstore or whole food?
Yes! A natural/organic line.

The ones they list on their website are The Bay, London Drugs, Longs Drugs, Rexall Drug Stores, Pharma Plus, Wegmans, Capers, Whole Food Markets, Chinaberry, Isabella and Healthy Directions. You can also enter your zip/postal code to find what's near you....

http://www.lavera.com/dealers.php
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:00 am      Reply with quote
felinehhy wrote:
it's a german brand? i heard of it ago

Yes, it is a German brand, as Dr. Hauschka is as well.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |