Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
variation in skin care regime - or not??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Aurora
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I've heard that one should not use the same products (e.g. cleanser) over a longer periode of time because the products would loose their effect. Apparently it is best to change e.g. brand on a regularly? Confused Is there any truth to this??? Do you guys change your rutines now and then based one this?

Hm...hope you understand what I'm trying to ask...seems theres no connection between my brain and my fingers today Smile
Collette
5% products discount

Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Aurora,
I understood fully your question. I am really glad you asked it as I have been wondering the same thing, hopefully someone knows the answer Smile
Collette
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Aurora,

It was very easy to understand! However, I have no answer for you. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will answer.

-Cheri
panther05
5% products discount

Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I do know that you should change your shampoo/conditioner every two to three months to keep your hair from getting dull (well at least I have to, and that's what's been told to me), but I really don't know when it comes to skin care. It makes sense that you should, especially in different seasons since I don't think your skin is sompletely the same all year round.
Aurora
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I know about varying shampoo/conditioners since these products leave residue in the hair from silikone etc. Very important to have a good deep cleansing shampoo and use it regularly. But I don't know if this apply to skincare too...

I hope some of the all-knowing-oracles on this forum will take a minute to answer Smile
Mabsy

Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:17 am      Reply with quote
hmm I have no idea but I have heard of people saying that they have reached a bit of a plateau with their current regime after having some good results for a while (Farouk springs to mind yet again - sorry to dob you in Farouk).

I don't know what to say, other than that I am not at risk from this because I vary my products all the time. NOT because of this specifically, but because I love trying out new products....

Mabsy
moshimoshi
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:21 am      Reply with quote
OMG Shock I have been thinking about this exact question for the past few days and here I stumbled into a post addressing the same issue... am I psyched or not Wink

I'm actually experiencing this problem myself for years, ever since I started having acne problem and taking care of my skin with the "official" skincare lines... I used to be able to get by with just regular soapies Sad

I'm telling ya... I have literally exhausted a whole closet of skincare products... To name a few: Bioelements, Cellex-C, Dermalogica, Neostrata, Kinerase, MD Formula, Proactive, PTR, SkinCeuticals, Valmont, Estee Lauder, Osmotics, Philosophy, Blisslabs, Borghese, Caudalie, Clarins, Clinique, DDF, Lancome, Dior, Almay, Mary Kay, La Prarie, Shu uemura, La Mer, Astara, Gatineau, La Roche-posay... and the list goes on... Some didn't do a thing for me... Some plateau out on my skin and went downhill... Some of them couldn't even stay on my skin for seconds!!! My poor skin... sighing Crying or Very sad ... And the problem is I just turned 30 Sad

Over half of my life I've been constantly looking for that next cure-it-all-miracle products... It can get pretty tiring and frustrating... and my boyfriend would just tactfully stay outta my sight whenever he radared my moodyness over my skin or he would just volunteer his bank card to make me happy... poor guy, I feel bad sometimes... Do I??!! Think Rolling Eyes (man, do I sound spoiled...)

The theory behind it?!?! Who knows... Maybe the skin, over a period of time, is developing antibodies against the various compositions in the products and building up resistance... It's kinda like taking antibiotics... The body gets immune to it and the next time you're in need of it, you'll have to take the same one at higher dosage or a different one...

Think I just vented all the frustrations that have been piling up esp for the past few days... Because guess what? It's the time AGAIN to hunt down that damn cleanser/toner/cream/etc/etc/etc...

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh......
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |