Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Lash Growth Enhancing Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
amber23
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Could someone please tell me how to post pictures here?
amber23
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Think I've worked it out! These pictures were taken after 6 weeks LL. No mascara (have lashes tinted every 6 weeks). Curled using SUQQU curler.

jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:07 am      Reply with quote
woah amber you lashes are amazing! how long did it take for your lashes to get to that length?
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:09 am      Reply with quote
your pics are after 6 weeks...sorry not reading carefully. distracted by your gorgeous lashes! Surprised
amber23
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:21 am      Reply with quote
My lashes weren't 'virgin' lashes having already used RL and EL, but grew even longer after switching to LL.
thirtyish
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:46 am      Reply with quote
jf wrote:
thiryish-where did you buy your Lumigan? I want to try it too but a little scared...

I ordered from alldaychemist. I thought it would be generic, but I actually received Lumigan. But wow, after seeing Amber's eyelashes, I think I need to use what she is using!!!
dcanup
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Amber,
OMG!!!!! Shock
Did you say you used only once a day or twice a day?
I bought EL product first....seems like I saw results faster with EL. Got lazy and quit using??
Then, I purchased LL...been using about 3 weeks and cant say that I see a big difference, yet? Maybe just a little growth?
Also, do you tint your own lashes or have it professionally done?
amber23
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:53 am      Reply with quote
It was 6 weeks before LL kicked in nothing much happened before that time. I just use it nightly - religiously - top and bottom. I have my lashes tinted professionally (blue-black) every 5-6 weeks.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Those of are some looonnggg lashes.
Appreciate you posting them for us all.

And I'm tired of seeing every Obaji thread ever started on the front page. LOL

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:09 am      Reply with quote
what's the growth product in LL? Its got to be lumigan (bimatoprost).
havana8

Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:10 am      Reply with quote
jf wrote:
what's the growth product in LL? Its got to be lumigan (bimatoprost).

ingredient listing is on page 1 of this thread (plus other lash growth products throughout the thread)... Smile
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:17 am      Reply with quote
ooops thanks hevana. no bimatoprost in the ingredients though....
i agree bluesheart re the ogabi. it needs its own forum!
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amber your lashes are amazing! I started on the Folligen Cream and am now using KGF serum from Skinactives, but I think my next move is going to be Lilash!! Ive noticed that with the Folligen Cream my lashes got longer, but not thicker. Do you think I can get the thickness I want with Lilash?
amber23
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
LiLash definitely made eyelashes sprout where there weren't any before and they are certainly in very good condition. However, as is the case with everything, what works for one person might not work as well for another.
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
Is LL FDA approved? After the Jan Marni incident, I'm scared to use lash growth products, but at the same time I desperately want longer lashes.
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:13 am      Reply with quote
I for one am still on my old Jan Marini tube. I bought a few before they were recalled.

Amber your lashes look great. I am picking up a tube of LiLash when I run out.
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:04 am      Reply with quote
your eye lash is very long, amazing....
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, Amber, your eyelashes are gorgeous. I am going to try the LL product due to your picturess! Now, what other secrets do you have, anything for your skin or hair that you want to share?! Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Here is an update on the LiLash ingredients:

Quote:
Lilash ingredients: it includes a prostaglandin

A reader with intrepid sleuthing skills sent me the ingredients list for Lilash Eyelash Stimulator. I've been trying to find out what is in Lilash all year and the manufacturer, based in Scotsdale, is not very forthcoming. It turns out that the active ingredient is a prostaglandin analogue. Prostaglandin is the drug used to treat glaucoma that - because it may change the color of your eyes or even impact sight - has made eyelash growth products controversial to say the least.

Lilash also contains (in addition to five parabens and phenoxyethanol) a rather unpleasant preservative called methylchloroisothiazalinone. In high concentrations it can cause chemical burns and it is a skin and membrane irritant and so it was largely removed from most cosmetic products except for those with only short duration skin contact such as rinse-offs. There are some newer formulations that make it more acceptable to sensitive users, so it is now found in cosmetics more frequently. In the US accepted concentrations are 15 ppm in rinse-offs and 8 ppm in other cosmetic.

http://www.truthinaging.com/2008/06/lilash-ingredients-it-includes-a-prostaglandin.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:23 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Kareberry* wrote:
I just wanted to do a small review on DHC's eyelash tonic since this was the only thread I found comparing eyelash growth serums.

I've been using DHC every other day (not keep great track) and it has truly worked wonders for me. I'm asian and eyelashes under my eyes were totally non-existant before I used this tonic..not I actually have little lashes growing underneath and some of them are long too!!! So exciting cuz now when I use mascara I have lashes to coat! Lol!

As I said I've been using it for every other day or so..sometimes I forget for about a month now. I'm planning to use it up and stop using it so I can see whether the results last. I'll post if the results are lasting!

If it's formulated much like the others, it's not going to be lasting results.

Actually I've been pretty happy with how it's going. I forget to use it all the time and stopped using it for most of June but my lashes are still pretty long and the increased volume is still there. I'm going to hold off on using it until I notice my lashes revert back to the way it was before. Overall though, the bottle is going to last me a long time if I only need to use it a week for the effects to last for a month!

Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Peter Thomas Roth Lashes To Die For Night Time Eyelash Conditioning Treatment
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Phospholipids, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cyclodextrin, 17-Phenyl Trinor Pge2-Sa, Triethanolamine, Leuconostoc/ Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Alcohol
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P213308&categoryId=C8330&shouldPaginate=true
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Amber,
Where did you buy the Lilash on line?
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:33 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Phospholipids, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cyclodextrin, 17-Phenyl Trinor Pge2-Sa, Triethanolamine, Leuconostoc/ Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Alcohol
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P213308&categoryId=C8330&shouldPaginate=true

Thank you for posting this, Havana8. I can see vitamins, HA and glucosaminoglucans high up on the ingredients list, but wonder if there is another active ingredient that really can promote lash growth, in this formulation. Rolling Eyes

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
havana8 wrote:
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Phospholipids, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cyclodextrin, 17-Phenyl Trinor PGE2-SA, Triethanolamine, Leuconostoc/ Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Alcohol

Thank you for posting this, Havana8. I can see vitamins, HA and glucosaminoglucans high up on the ingredients list, but wonder if there is another active ingredient that really can promote lash growth, in this formulation. Rolling Eyes

I think it must be the 17-Phenyl Trinor PGE2-SA... hmm
amber23
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:03 am      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Amber,
Where did you buy the Lilash on line?

Bought it off of Ebay from a fantastic seller.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |