Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lash Growth Enhancing Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
havana8

Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Since we are lash obsessed these days Laughing , I was thinking it might be an idea to list all of the lash growth enhancing products we can think of to make it easier to compare their ingredient listings etc. Here is a small start...

Jan Marini Age Intervention Eyelash Conditioner
Original Ingredient Listing: Deionized Water, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycan, Sodium Hyaluraonate, Triethanol-Amine, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Acrylates C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Panthenol, Biotin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Phosphate, Eyelash Growth Factor

Revised and/or Reformulated Ingredient Listing 1: DOES NOT CONTAIN BIMAPROTOST. Deionized Water, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycan (and) Sodium Hyaluraonate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol (and) Methylparaben (and) Propylparaben, Acrylates C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspomer, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Panthenol, Biotin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Phosphate, 7-(3, 5 Dihydroxy-2-(3-hydroxy-4-(3-(triflormethyl)phenoxy)-1-butenyl)cyclopentyl)-N-ethyl, (1R-(alpha(z), 2beta(1E,3R)3alpha, 5alpha)

Revised listing as posted on: http://www.dermstore.com/product_Age+Intervention%AE+Eyelash+Conditioner_4470.htm

RevitaLash MD
Original Ingredient Listing: Deionized Water, Carboxymethyl-cellulose Sodium, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Dibasic Sodium Phosphate, Benzalkonium Chloride, Panthenol, ProVitamin B5, Formula LashGro (prostaglandin analogue)

Revised and/or Reformulated Ingredient Listing 1: Deionized Water, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, 1,2 Octanediol, Carboxymethyl-Cellulose Sodium, Disodium Phosphate, N-ethyl-9(Beta), 11(Beta), 15S-trihydroxy-17-phenyl-18,19,20-trinor-prosta-5Z,13E-dien-1-amide, Panthenol, Citric Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride

Warnings/Tolerance: Some RevitaLash users have reported a mild irritation at the base of the eyelashes. If you experience such irritation, either reduce or discontinue the use of RevitaLash Eyelash Conditioner until the irritation goes away. If the irritation persists, discontinue use completely and consult your physician. Some RevitaLash users have reported a mild discoloration of the skin at the base of the eyelashes. If you notice such discoloration and it bothers you, please discontinue use of RevitaLash Eyelash Conditioner.

http://www.revitalash.com/questions.html

Enormous Lash (formerly Massive Lash)
Ingredient Listing: Water, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, 17 phenyl-13, 14-dihydoro trinor PGF 2 (Alpha), Isopropyl Ether, Keratin, Hydrolized Keratin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyvinyl, Acetate, Silk Amino Acid, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben Butylparaben, Ethylparaben propylparaben, Isobutylparaben

http://agelessdiva.intuitbeautydiva.com/Pages/Homepage.aspx#3

LiLash
Ingredient Listing: Water, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Lupinus Albus Seed Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Seed Extract, Silica, 9 alpha, 11 alpha, 15S-trihydroxy-17-Phenyl 18, 19, 20-Trinorprosta-5Z, 13E-Diene-1-oic acid, Isopropyl Ester, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben

Warnings/Tolerance: LiLash was formulated to be non-irritating to your eyes from the start. Some people, however, may have more sensitive eyes than others. If you experience irritation, reduce the use of LiLash. If irritation persists, discontinue using the product completely. Some people experience skin discoloration at the base of the eyelid. If you find that this occurs and it bothers you, discontinue the use of LiLash. Any darkening or discoloration that occurs is reversible.

http://www.lilash.com/

ProCyte MD Lash Factor Eyelash Conditioner
Ingredient Listing: Water, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Phenoxyethanol, Triethnolamine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Panthenol, Sodium Chloride, Biotin, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Alcohol, Sorbitol, 7-[3,5-dihydroxy-2-(3-hydroxy-4-phenoxy-but-1-enyl)-cyclopentyl]-hept-5-enoic Acid Ethylamide, Proline, Sodium Phosphate

Warnings/Tolerance: If irritation develops with initial usage, reduce frequency of usage until the lid margins are no longer irritated. DISCONTINUE USE AND CONSULT A PHYSICIAN IF EXCESSIVE OR PERSISTENT IRRITATION OR REDNESS OCCURS. AVOID CONTACT WITH THE EYES. In case of contact, rinse with water. EXCESSIVE USAGE OF THIS PRODUCT CAN LEAD TO PERMANENT DARKENING OF SKIN AROUND THE EYES AND THE IRIS. Do not use on children, or on pregnant or nursing women. Do not use on chemotherapy patients, unless otherwise directed by a physician. Do not use if allergic to any ingredients. Do not swallow product. Keep out of reach of children. If accidental ingestion occurs, call the local Poison Control Center. Do not use if you have an active eye infection or recent eye surgery.

http://www.photomedex.com/product.php?pid=137

Talika Lipocils Eyelash Conditioning Gel
Ingredient Listing: Water, Carbomer, Lecithin, Hypericum Extract, Apple Extract, Witch Hazel Extract, Horse Chestnut Extract, Nettle Extract, Lactic Acid, Allantoin, Sodium Lactate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

Warnings/Tolerance: Lipocils does not irritate even the most hypersensitive eyes and is suitable for contact lenses wearers. (However, discontinue use in the case of discomfort).

http://www.talika.com/article-8910-en.html

Osmotics FNS Nutrilash Lash & Brow Enhancer
Ingredient Listing: Purified Water, SDA-40 Alcohol, Nylon-12, Glycerine, Lactic Acid, Glucose, Ascorbic Acid, D-Biotin (Vitamin H), Choline Chloride, Choline Bitartrate, Folic Acid, Myo-Inositol, Nicotinic Acid (Niacinamide), Paba, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine, Riboflavin, Thiamine, Alpha-Tocopherol Phosphate, Vitamin B12, L-Alanine, L-Arginine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Cysteine, L-Glutamine, Glycine, L-Histidine, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, L-Tyrosine, L-Valine, Inorganic Salts, Tetrahydrocurcumin, Carbomer, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract (Cinnulin PF®), Oleth-10, Sodium Bicarbonate, Polyquaternium-10, Oleth-10, Nisaplin, Sodium EDTA, Tromethamine

http://www.osmotics.com/Hair/fns-nutrilash.html
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Good idea Havana.

One more to add:

http://www.dermaquestinc.com/node/643

Couldn't find the ingredients but I'm a bad looker. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Also,

ECRINAL EYELASH STRENGTHENER - active is ANP 7 % (some proprietary mix/product)

ARDELL LASH & BROW GROWTH ACCELERATOR
Ingredients: Water (aqua), Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract, Panthenol, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I apply it twice a day, morning and night. Doesn't interfere with eye makeup or mascara.
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
You can add to the list:

DHC Eyelash Tonic
- review on MUA here: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=16756/Eyes/DHC/Eye_Lash_tonic/

Unfortunately I don't know what the ingredients are!

Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
thirtyish wrote:

I just started using Lumigan...it's been almost 2 weeks, so still too early to tell.

If anybody has any suggesstions or advice, I'm all ears.

My intention is to concoct a HG eyelash serum that won't break the bank, and hopefully not be harmful to our eyes.

Kassy, this thread has the link to the Allergan Eyelash Applicator and Method patent using Lumigan with details from their eyelash trial...
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29267&highlight=lumigan

Also, somewhere in the DIY section, there are posts from Carekate from when she was researching/developing her own version of the eyelash growth product (I think it was called Lush Lash? hmm) that might be helpful...
amber23
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using LiLash since May with outstanding results. After 10 weeks I decided to use a maintenance application of 3 times a week. After about 2 weeks my lashes started to shed a little, so I reverted back to a once a day application and they are now back to how they were. I don't see how new lashes growing in can reach their full potential if you cut back use on the serum, even though that's the recommendation.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Ok. Here are my before and after pics using beautylash 4 weeks. The left side is before, right side after, or top picture is before and bottom is after. I myself do not see any visible difference.

amber23
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has been able to maintain their long length for more than 6 months,thats the problem its easy to make them grow long but keeping them long is the real problem.

I have been able to maintain my long lashes but it's probably because since March 2007 I have switched brands 3 times. Started with RL but when lashes started shedding I swapped to Enormous Lash with continued growth but found the tube didn't last terribly long so switched to LL. Have been using LL since May and am now down to using it every other day. My lashes are still very long but when my tube is used up I'm probably going to try Marini Lash.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
I've got some Ardell Lash Conditioner coming via ebay. I'd like to try Kassy's method, but I'm worried about any side effects from the Lumigan (was going to order some from alldaychemist). Do you think it's safer to use diluted this way?

LJK...I have used Ardell for over a year, and the product goes bad fairly quickly...it changes from a slightly off white to more gray and sometimes the smell changes.
This is well documented on a number of online communities.

I usually only make it through a half a bottle before I chunk it...at $3.99 (drugstore.com), I don't have a problem throwing it away at halfway, because my eye health is more important.

However, if you mix stuff in with it, I would be worried that it might mask the change in the Ardell. Just something to keep in mind.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
ljk wrote:
I've got some Ardell Lash Conditioner coming via ebay. I'd like to try Kassy's method, but I'm worried about any side effects from the Lumigan (was going to order some from alldaychemist). Do you think it's safer to use diluted this way?

LJK...I have used Ardell for over a year, and the product goes bad fairly quickly...it changes from a slightly off white to more gray and sometimes the smell changes.This is well documented on a number of online communities.

I usually only make it through a half a bottle before I chunk it...at $3.99 (drugstore.com), I don't have a problem throwing it away at halfway, because my eye health is more important.

However, if you mix stuff in with it, I would be worried that it might mask the change in the Ardell. Just something to keep in mind.

All good points to keep in mind for sure.. I haven't noticed any of those changes at this point but it's only been about 8 weeks.. I have more than half the tube left. I've used Ardell on it's own for about a year and haven't noticed any problems with it..

And as you say, for $3.99, we can certainly afford to err on the side of caution, and pitch it at the first sign of something going off.. Shock

I'll certainly post if I notice anything smelly or a change in color, with the addition of the Lumigan.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
... Would you mind sharing exactly how you combined your use of JM and Lumigan. Do you mix it together? Apply one after the other? ...

Kassy - I do not mix them, but apply on alternate days, e.g. one day Lumigan, and the next day JM. It is not Marini Lash, but a previous version JM Eye Lash Conditioner New Formula.
Angelboots
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys,

Have spent the whole of my weekend researching eyelash shedding to ease my own worries about my recently thinned out lashes.

Please see info below, it may be of some use to some of you. If you want the link, you'll have to pm as i cant post it.

There are about 90-150 eyelashes on the upper eyelid and about 70 - 80 eyelashes on the lower eyelid. Eyelashes reach a length up to about 10 mm and each eyelash follows its own growth cycle.
There are 3 phases to the eyelash growth cycle, (like all hair):

Anagen - the active growth phase. Only 40% of the upper eyelashes are in active growth at any one time (only 15% of lower lashes are in active growth). This phase lasts 30 - 45 days

Catagen - the transition phase when the eyelash stops growing and the follicle shrinks. This lasts 2 - 3 weeks

Telogen - this is the resting phase and can last over 100 days before the eyelashes fall out

Each eyelash is in its own cycle so there are some lashes in each phase at all times and most days at least a few eyelashes will fall out.

It has been found in research studies that certain drugs do cause fuller longer eyelashes. This was found as a side effect when Latanoprost (a member of the prostaglandin family, which includes Bimatoprost) was used to treat glaucoma (high pressure in the eye).
Latanoprost (and Bimatoprost) causes the longer eyelashes by increasing the anagen (growth) phase and reducing the telogen (resting) phase of the eyelash growth cycle. This means the lashes grow for a longer period and so reach a longer length - called hypertrichosis.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
pal,

It seems just like everything some get great results with a product while others see no effect at all! It really makes it difficult to pick based on each others experiences. Rolling Eyes

Sorry it didn't work for you!

DM

Thanks DM, and I completely agree with you. I think we have to go into everything with an open mind and relise its all about trial and error. Smile
NOTCH
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Anna, check your personal e-mail. I have sent you the information that you requested on ordering from Never Over The Hill Cosmetics. Thanks for the question.

John

miss anna wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
miss anna,

Did you have any luck finding it with the link? Smile
DM

miss anna wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
miss anna wrote:
Leggy, I've looked at the NOTCH website and couldn't find anything relating to lash growth. Which product are you using?

miss anna,

Here is a link directly to the lash serum.

http://shop.neveroverthehill.com/product.sc?productId=13

I have also been using this fantastic product for almost 2 months now with quick and wonderful results! I will stick with this non irritating and effective product!

HTH
DM

Yes I did DM. Thanks. I still can't get to it from the home page though. When I Google it, it comes up with a green page and the link you gave me is brown. Maybe it's an older version of the website?? I've saved your link in my favourites for when I have any room on my credit card. They haven't replied to me about shipping to Australia yet. Cheers Anna

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Well I was using the rapid lash before and like some others on one eye the lashes were growing in,but in all directions.I am now using Never Over the Hill and they are now fine and have thicken up also.HTH.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:04 am      Reply with quote
My eyelashes are looking pretty decent or at least much better than before I started using Ardell growth serum. I would love to have a little more growth and thickness therefore I am planning to order the NOTH serum.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |