Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Himilayan Salt Lamps...health boost?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Howdy,
So, obsessed with the next product....salt lamps and cooking salt! I recently ordered some and am eagerly awaiting them! Has anyone used these lamps? The health benefits (from my research) are off the charts! Anybody have any feedback?
Lemme know!
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Just bought one in October and it looks lovely the glow is fab. Its supposed to be near the computer or in the bedroom to get the full benefit but I do not have it long enough to comment on the health benefits but people say that it takes the bad energy out of the room. It looks fab and I was told to keep it on all the time not sure about this as I went on a web site and it said to turn off when not in the house. It gets damp and drips if it left unlit for a long time and I guess this could damage the electrical connection
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I received one as a gift last Christmas and I keep mine in my workspace. I love the glow!! I saw one that is shaped like a bowl and is quite large that is absolutely beautiful.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
What the heck are you guys talking about?
Can you direct me to a website?

TIA
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:36 am      Reply with quote
Kittylove: http://www.naturalsaltcrystallamps.com/how-salt-lamps-work.html

It is a lamp made out of salt: research shows it has all these health benefits, as well as being simply beautiful lighting, so check it out!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:44 am      Reply with quote
ok, i want one! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Me too. The lamps look like they might approximate candlelight, but more safely. Even the actual candleholders they have look like a more safe kind.

Are they fragile?

Sangria also posted elsewhere about some interesting lightbulbs.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Darn. I had several links to some great sites but they were on my old computer that was hit by lightening. The wholesale pricing I remember being somewhat less expensive and they had more variety. The lighting really is lovely.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have one by my bed and one on a corner table in my living room.

I cant say for definite about the health benefits - I also have air purifiers - but I can definitely say that they are beautiful and give off a wonderful warm glow.

I love them and wouldnt want to be without them.
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:35 am      Reply with quote
Melanie, I do not think they are so fragile, what they are though are super heavy! Google it...they sell them internationally, so I am sure you can find some in your country. I ordered mine from Germany, all 64 kilos of them (for my entire family-how strange to get a box heavier than you..hehe), and for so much that we ordered (also table salt, which is also really good for you because it contains endless minerals and vitamins that normal salt does not) and it was reasonably priced. In the USA, since it is relatively unknown and probably considered...hmmm "hippiesh" of a product, they can be found really cheaply.
Himilayan salt is the best, and I noticed that some sites just sell salt lamps in hopes to trick you, so make sure it is the real thing!
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:38 am      Reply with quote
another thing is that even the tealight holders emit health benefits, so even if you do not want a lamp, you can invest a few bucks and just get a holder that will not only look lovely but also help with your health.

I also read that due to the ions, that these salt lamps help neutralize EMFs emitting from your computer, cell phone, all electronics (even your electrical system in your home), which disrupts our cell`s healthy behavior = positively linked to more illnesses and cancer. Another health benefit!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I've never heard of these before, but now I want one too!
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:52 am      Reply with quote
These suckers are heavy!! Lovely tho and run about $30 in my local health food store.

They make great gifts!
yobi
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I bought one at ebay for my DH coz he always has headache due to long hours work in front of the computer i guess Very Happy
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
I thought there was no way I would be able to find these things in Hong Kong, or even know where to start looking.

However... today I saw a small shop just a block from where I live with them in the window. How spooky is that? I think it’s a sign that I am destined to buy one!
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:11 am      Reply with quote
So I finally got mine, and I love the lighting! I have four: one in the bedroom, two in the living room, and one in the bathroom. Not only do they give off romantic beautiful rosy lighting, but they also make the air feel cleaner? I had someone smoking in my house for Thanksgiving, and the smoke smell went away, so it was working. Very nice I have to say...and I am very happy with the purchase (though lordy are they heavy, 34 kilos in total).

Try them out! I also feel less fatigued in front of the computer, so I dont know if its the placebo effect or if there are less EMFs, but regardless I am happy!
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I read all the rave about those also.
And had to have one. Rolling Eyes I always get so excited about new things.

I got mine at Rite Aid Pharmacy...isnt that weird.$14.99 electric and $7.99 for tea light holders.

They had small ones that hold tea lights and the electric one I got. It says made in Pakistan and from Himalayan Salt.

It gives a very nice glow but I still have a cold that has been going on now for at least 2 weeks.So,it hasnt helped with that so far.

Anyway,thats my experience with the Salt Lights.
Linda
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have both the electric bowl-shaped lamp and the one for votive candles. I have to say the candle one seems to give off the most ozone. I can def smell it - it smells like lightening in a rainstorm. Great for deodorizing a room and really lifts my spirits!
The electric one is lovely but I don't get that ozone aroma. The rocks in the bowl lamp are nice for warming your hands on a cold day!
TJ Maxx had a couple of the candle ones marked down to $7 because they are somewhat misshaped, but believe me they still work!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:42 am      Reply with quote
I have had mine for about a month,one in my kitchen and one in my bedroom . The one I have in my office is the one I notice the most.Everyone who comes in ,feel very relaxed and I have more energy, my headaches are gone .They are beautiful and we all smoke in the house, the smell is gone , They are worth investing in Very Happy
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Sounds great, I have been thinking to get one and now I guess it's time for move.... Could anyone tell me how to differentiate the real one?
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I've been thinking about getting one of these lamps. On a side not I do use the Himalyan salt chunks in my bath and love using them!
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:43 am      Reply with quote
For sure get the Himilayan salt ones, as those are the only ones with the healing properties. They are usually just blocks of salt, either shaped or not, in pink/red/orange hues. Beautiful stuff.

I also heavily recommend only using Himilayan salt to cook with as they contain so many healthy minerals and health benefits that you just don't get in normal salt. They also recommend it to use in baths as it detoxifies you. Overall, I am only using it, check out ebay!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
I do like the ambiance larger lamps give to a room, but for the theraputic aspects - I have not read any scientific evididence to back up the claims.

I do take Himalayan rock salt instead of regular table salt, I don't have an iodine deficiency and I use concentrated mineral drops once a day to offset my lack of iodine intake from salt.

However my mother cannot take rock or sea salt as within a few months she develops an iodine deficiency.

For culinary uses, I find rock salt is definitely less "salty" than regular table salt, probably due to the higher mineral content (and lower sodium content) by weight compared to table salt.
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if everybody is referring to the same salt lamp. I'm Asian and I know it's been a craze for a little bit in the Korean community at least in regards to these lamps. My bf's father is a heavy smoker and they have these lamps in their house, and you really can't tell that a smoker lives in the house. It really seems to purify the odors. I know they sell these in the Asian plazas in LA if anyone in the LA area is interested.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |