Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Where do you buy your Emu Oil?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
hopeful wrote:
i get mine from marky at garden of wisdom, its the best i have used. hth

Hopeful - When you say GoW's Emu is the best you've used, what other company's have you tried? Have you ever used LB Processors Emu Oil (which is lovely)? I am very tempted to try GoW's Emu Oil because the price is so good (and Markey isn't one to supply products that are second rate). Thanks...

I've used a few different emu oils... the GOW one to me is sort of similar to the one from Skin Biology, a little bit yellowish and "gloopy" (that cloudy semi-chunky appearance - has the typical "fried oil" smell associated with emu oils). I order it myself, it's cheap and I love it on my feet in the winter.

For facial use, I actually like the clear emu oil from Diana Yvonne (LB Processors). I did also try the ultra emu from the same place before but didn't like it as much as the clear.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:56 am      Reply with quote
Jira wrote:
I bought from EDS. Wink

My questions are What is the different between 100% clear emu oil and Triple Refined Pure Emu Oil? Which one is the best Question

The difference between 'Clear' and 'Triple Refined' is actually one additional process, which appears to be the subject of great debate amongst certain producers of emu oil. Regular Emu Oil is physically refined using a process called Vacuum Strip Deordorization. This process produces a safe & clean AEA Certified Emu Oil. Clear Emu Oil has been physically refined first and then gone through another process to remove some solids which enable it to penetrate deeper into your skin (which is why it is preferred for the face). This additional step also allows the oil to remain clear and more liquid at room temperature.

Triple Refined Emu oil has been physically refined (process #1), then Molecularly Distilled (process #2), and finally put through the same process as the Clear to remove solids (or fatty acids) that will allow it to penetrate deeper into your skin as well as remain clear and liquid at room temperature (process #3). The debate between emu oil producers is whether or not the Molecularly Distilled process is actually doing anything significant, or if it is possibly harming some of the properties of the oil. At this time there isn't any sort of study or paper written to say one way or the other.

The use of terms like '100%' and 'Pure' is meant to imply the same thing, though I would question 'Pure' over '100%' only because there are producers who add extra ingredients to stabilize the oil (and prevent it from turning rancid). So it may not be 100% emu oil after they're done adding whatever percentage of additional ingredients. I should mention that FDA Regulations do allow company's to add a small preservative during processing and still call their oil '100%'. Case in point is LB Processors who position their oils as 100%, yet they add 200 ppm (parts per million) of natural Vitamin E to their oils to stabilize them (which they openly admit to on their website. Smile ).

As for the 'best' emu oil my vote is for the 'Clear' by LB Processors. HTH's...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
If you buy from purple emu, grab a few of their lip balms. They are probably my favorite and most healing lip balm, and the price is great.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |