Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review:: MD Formulations Face & Body Scrub
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I have to say this is a really great product that smooths, softens and exfoliates all in ONE bottle. It's a scrub that can be used all over the body but I use it only on my face (that's because on my body I'm totally addicted to something a LOT courser like a salt scrub!) Very Happy

I mix this product with a basic drugstore cleanser called DermaVeen and it polishes my skin while it cleanses. It is a creamy consistency with super fine granules that lathers up slightly. For those concerned, imagining the Aapri apricot granules that felt like gravel on your face of yesterday!!!) Mad breathe a sigh of relief. Exfoliation has come such a long way. I like it that it has 15% glycolic acid in it, so it's gentle enough for me to use day and night. And what's more to love about it is that because I only use it on my FACE, the 250ml bottle lasts and lasts... I bought a bottle in May this year, and it's been to Fiji on holidays with me in August (note to self: extend the tan by keeping it smooth), and it shows no sign of depleting !!! Shock So it's great value.

To compare this product to others, I would not, as it seems to be in a league of it's own for what it does. I have used cleansing powders with exfoliating enzymes before that left my skin feeling tight and dry after the rinse. This little beauty doesn't. I would definitely say it's suited for people with dry skin, even combo, oilier skin types, but perhaps not to those sensitive to a little abrasion (what could be very, very fine to me may not be to you).

A super-star product for exfoliation..... or if you're like me with little time on their hands in the mornings, cleanse/ exfoliate at the same time. Idea Wink
puregdstuf
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
yeah, this is good to keep bacne away.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:49 am      Reply with quote
I love MD formulation, their cleanser is the best!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
i found this sample lying around and decided to give it a try tonight.

note: i used this sample only on my body. not my face.

it's a creamy white paste with tiny granules of polyethlene. this scrub is not harsh at all and feels very good when rubbed over the body. i did not feel any tingling or burning at all from the glycolic acid. it has a soapy smell to it which is not offensive at all. my skin feels refreshed and soft after using it. i will consider adding this product to my cart next time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I have just tried another scrub, Ultraceuticals Ultra Clear Exfoliation Gel and thought I should write a comparative review. Smile

The beads on this product are described as 'gentle', but on the face, they're far from that. As they're not rounded they feel quite abrasive on the face, it's more suitable for the body (even though I prefer more traditional hardy, sea salt scrubs like L'occitane's to really provide a good scrub!). Point to note is that if the product doesn't say 'Face' then it's likely not formulated to be used there. Wink

It's got an odd, slightly medicated smell, not unpleasant, but still not as subtle as the MD Formulations in comparison.

The 200ml Ultraceuticals tube is ok, but the 250ml bottle of MD Formulations is even better. When I finally finished up with my bottle (8 months, with BF sharing!), I thought I'd try something else, but will be running back. Cool To sum it up, the MD Formulations Face & Body Scrub is by far the better facial scrub, which comes down to the super fine gentle scrubbing beads to slough away dead skin. I love to exfoliate. I need to exfoliate. Very Happy

x
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 4:52 am      Reply with quote
I've used this also and it is a great product! I also find DDF face and body really good also but it's overpriced.

Both are very safe to use on your face.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |