Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Squinting Lines Around The Eyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Thankfully, I don't have too much of a problem with crows feet near my eyes....but when I smile?? forget about it! lines all under my eyes!

Does Botox work on lines/wrinkles that only form when moving like as in a squint or smile?

What about the dermarollers?

Thanks, BF

PS/ as for my tear troughs, I am now researching fat grafting.
Seaera
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I have the exact same problem...it drives me crazy. I love to smile (who doesn't?) but am now getting a bit self conscious about it when I noticed it in the mirror one time. The horror! Smile
Anyhow, I'd like to know the answer to your question as well.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am the same…. Normally I do not have any fine lines or wrinkles around my eyes, but when I smile ……oh horror… Shock ..craw feet appear.

I have been doing facial exercises (+ oils) and DPL for several months, and they do help, but the area at outer corners of the eyes does not respond promptly. I do not want to do botox, because I believe that FlexEffect should catch up eventually at this area, just as it is doing for other areas of the face. Also I looked at "Vapor Venom" on GoW to spot treat the area, but again do not know if it is effective and I do not want it to be in conflict with facial exercises….

….looking for suggestions…. Question Question .
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:56 am      Reply with quote
So...no one here has used Botox to deal with crows feet that only happen when they smile?

BF
Aimee3
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I have, just recently after not doing it for a couple of years. It does work, but of course, eventually wears off, and you gotta do it again. You have to be very careful who you go to, because botox is botox, although some places dilute it, or might not use the freshest botox. Besides that, it's all in the skill of the "injector". If you're worried about pain, it's really minimal, and I have no threshold when it comes to pain!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Mpstat: I am doing facial exercises and using GoW's Viper Venom around my eyes.

I _was_ using it on my forehead too, but stopped because the exercises helped so much. Now I just use it at the crinkle end of my eyes, just a wee bit. I think, in time, as I pull up my cheekbones, I'll be able to end the VV. I do like the VV though, it's awesome on my eyebrows when I get a migraine Smile
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's natural for the eyes to crinkle when you smile no matter what age.

I do find using an eye-cream has made my eyelids better by making them plumper and moisturised.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
k! (orangewasabi) wrote:
Mpstat: I am doing facial exercises and using GoW's Viper Venom around my eyes.

I _was_ using it on my forehead too, but stopped because the exercises helped so much. Now I just use it at the crinkle end of my eyes, just a wee bit. I think, in time, as I pull up my cheekbones, I'll be able to end the VV. I do like the VV though, it's awesome on my eyebrows when I get a migraine Smile

orangewasabi, thank you for the response! Smile
Which facial exercises do you do? I do FlexEffect...

Can you please tell more about VV... Question Does it conflict with the exercises or you can do both exercises and VV at the same time? Do you find that GoW's Viper Venom is helping with squinting eye lines, how long it takes to see the effect, and how frequently do you use it? Also, how do you use it for migraines??? Thanks! Smile
k! (orangewasabi)
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
These are the exercises I do :www.dermaxime.com/facial-exercises-lips-cheeks.htm

once in a while I will do the Carol Maggio exercises too.

The VV works almost immediately upon application - however, it's effect is also cumulative so the more I used it, the less I needed for the same effect.

On my forehead, I can feel the impact immediately. when I first started using VV, I used it daily on my forehead for about 2 weeks after which I felt it wasn't needed any more -- the effect stayed. I was applying the VV in the morning and doing the exercises in the evening and that seemed to work well. I'm just doing the exercises now and will continue to use the VV on my forehead as I think it necessary although I doubt much will be required.

I still use the VV daily on my eyes, just a tiny bit. I can't actually FEEL it working in my eye area though I can see the effect visually - it seems to plump out the eye crinkle area nicely. Also when I smile, the outside area of my eyes doesn't crinkle/move as much - the smile comes from cheek apples and the inner centre of my eyelind.

IMHO, none of the facial exercises really work the eye area directly. They work the surrounding area like the forehead so the eye area benefits, but not the side of the eye exactly. If you look at a diagram of facial muscles, it makes sense.

When I feel a migraine coming on, I put a big drop on each eyebrow. I tend to raise my eyebrows when I feel a migraine starting and after a while, my forehead/eyebrows cramp. The VV helps keep my eyebrows down where they belong when the migraine is in full force. During migraine time I might apply it every 3 hours or so -- a couple times a day.

btw, I find the 1% works on me but for my next order, I am going to get the 5% (it should be up on the site soon).

really, just for the migraine effect, the VV is great, the cosmetic bennies are secondary.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
k! (orangewasabi) wrote:
.... none of the facial exercises really work the eye area directly. They work the surrounding area like the forehead so the eye area benefits, but not the side of the eye exactly. ...

Thank you, orangewasabi!! Very Happy Your post was helpful for me.... I was concerned that VV and facial exercises work in opposite ways, and can not be combined, but now I might consider VV for squinting lines...

FlexEffect has eye exercises for both upper lids, and lower lids, and they do help to have eyes more open. I do see improvement with upper/lower lids. They have an exercise for eye outer corners as well, but in my case it does not respond fast enough. While I keep on exercising this area I might try VV until exercises catch up. Thanks again! Very Happy
k! (orangewasabi)
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome!

I'll have to investigate those outer corner exercises -- the one's I do only work the upper and lower lids to make the eyes seem more open. Thanks for that tip.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
For all you ladies who are thinking of trying Viper Venom - just thought I'd pass along thatwww.Cellbone.com carries it! Look for it under its industry name (SYN-AKE) when you're searching their website. It comes in a 4% concentration and is $42 for a 20 ml bottle. This seems very fair compared to other places that sell it, including GoW! HTH's Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Have been using botox for a few years now, but just went yesterday and did my crows feet. I had always loved my crows feet, but they were starting to creep down and under, causing my eyes to bag a little underneath. I love the results and it was pretty reasonable. I needed about 30 units, 15 per side. I will do it again as it really helped take away my sleepy look. I only have to get botox in my glabellar (11's) now once every 12-14 months as I have retrained that area well, so I am hoping to retrain this one too. Wish I had done this sooner.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
VL wrote:
I think it's natural for the eyes to crinkle when you smile no matter what age.

I do find using an eye-cream has made my eyelids better by making them plumper and moisturised.

I have a grand daughter who is 16 months old with the most beautiful big eyes and perfect skin and there are crinkles when she smiles!!
h.kitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:40 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Have been using botox for a few years now, but just went yesterday and did my crows feet. I had always loved my crows feet, but they were starting to creep down and under, causing my eyes to bag a little underneath. I love the results and it was pretty reasonable. I needed about 30 units, 15 per side. I will do it again as it really helped take away my sleepy look. I only have to get botox in my glabellar (11's) now once every 12-14 months as I have retrained that area well, so I am hoping to retrain this one too. Wish I had done this sooner.

How long have you been using Botox in the glabellar region and how long have you been on a 12-14 month schedule for injections in that area? Also, is there anything else that you are using which you suspect may be improving this area or do you attribute it all to retraining from Botox? TIA
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have been doing Botox there for about 6 years and 3 of that I have been on the 12-14 month schedule. I use IS Clinical and decleor but that only helps with the tiny lines, not the muscle itself and frowning, so I give most all the credit to botox. My hubby just had his done but his muscle is way too strong there and it is not taking well at all so he will have to have more reinjected. He does love the look though, so he goes every couple of years which isn't often enough to actually retrain that muscle.
I love what it did for my crow's feet. That really helped alot.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |