Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
What is sexy?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Last night I saw a question on Team Sugar: Do you call yourself cute, pretty or sexy. I would call myself the first and, on a good day, pretty...but what IS sexy? I am at a loss and thought I'd throw it here for debate.
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I think sexy is a look that makes one think of sex? So if a man looks at you and he thinks of sex then your sexy...

So, with that in mind, sexy is anything... cause anything makes men think of sex... Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Laughing anomaly!!!

Still, women call other women sexy, w/o necessarily wanting to have sex with them. I think there might be more to it. For instance, Jennifer Aniston is pretty and AJ is sexy, right?
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I had to ponder this one; on some days I feel downright sexy, other days merely cute or pretty. On my worst days [usually when I'm PMSing] I just feel lucky that I don't have a hunchback grrr....Laughing

I think being sexy it has to do with the inner state of being and personality rather than physical appearance. Comparing AJ to JA; Angelina Jolie just seems to have a lot more depth and layers to her personality; Jennifer has nice hair, a pretty face but seems shallow in comparison. Of course, my comparison in itself is very shallow because I don't know them personally... Laughing

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
You know, it just depends. When I was near the beginning of my relationship with my boyfriend, he once said that he liked that I was "cute, pretty, AND sexy", and that that was a rare combo. That comment stuck with me (probably because it's one of the nicest compliments I've ever received from a significant other!) but it got me thinking too.

I think you can be ALL of those things, it's just harder to be everything at once. For me, sexy is more playful with a naughty intent, you know? A flicker of something "bad". I liked Agent OO-Cat's example of Jennifer Anniston Vs. Angelina Jolie -- now that's a nearly clear-cut example! It's not like JA is UN-sexy, per se, but AJ is always dripping with some kinda naughtiness. She kind of can't help it with those lips of hers. Laughing

So while I think anomaly has a point (HA!), I think sexy is more the "bad girl" side of that whole package, you know?

I dunno. I feel like it depends on what you want to get out of a certain look or attitude, too. I also think that when people try too hard to be sexy in the way they dress or make themselves up, it's easy to risk crossing the line into trashy. Sexy is more of an attitude than a wardrobe, IMO.

'Kay, you gals got me waxing poetic, hahaha. This is what you get from Unemployed Ginnielizz! Even wordier than usual! Laughing

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:53 am      Reply with quote
I think sexy is more of a sensual look, cute is more of a youthful look...not sure how I would define pretty.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Well, I'm glad it's not as clear cut as I was worried it would be. I agree with ginnie about the fine line between sexy and trashy. I wonder whether it's something you either have or not. You can always prettfy yourself but with the sexy thing, I think it's more than wearing a sexy bra...

Here's another comparison: felines are "sexy", canines aren't!
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Sexiness, just like beauty can be so intangible because it's in the eye of the beholder. I think ginnie described that deliberate slight naughtiness the best.

I do think the knowledge that you're wearing a really lace bra and panties can make you feel "sexy". And there are times when I deliberately dress for sexy without crossing over into the trashy line. Hmmm, how about a comparison...

Leaving the topmost buttons of your blouse undone can be sexy.
Leaving all the buttons undone down to your cleavage is trashy.
Midthigh miniskirt is sexy.
Micromini only an inch below your goods is trashy.
Tight cashmere sweater is sexy.
Tight tshirt w/out a bra is trashy
Lacy lingerie is sexy
Red lacy lingerie with fishnet stockings is trashy
Well fitting jeans with a clean white tee is sexy.
Too tight jeans that give you that "camel-toe" look with wifebeater tank is trashy.
A lovely perfume that is YOU is sexy.
Cheap drugstore perfume is trashy.

And this just may be me, but I think no matter the cut that patent leather pants and skirts just look trashy. If you're gonna go with leather, go with the soft, buffed lambskin and don't overdo it
Laughing

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't get "sexy" till I got older. It had to do with self-confidence. I am not cute now -- nor would I consider that much of a compliment. Cute implies "harmless" -- like a kitten or child. I am not harmless. I'm not malicious or bad, mind you, but I don't think anyone would look at me, with the look in my eye, and describe me as harmless.

When I was younger, I had no guile and took great pains with my appearance. But I feared sex, actually, and so went for cute mostly, and "pretty" on special occasions.

Now, I'm happy to say, I get described as beautiful and sexy by young and old alike. (I work with a lot of young people and the public.) This is because of the look in my eye, and I finally know my best look. I don't follow trends or copy anyone else. I have a unique, personal look, which is truly "me," and works well.

This thrills me no end. I was so afraid I'd be fat and worn out by now. Laughing I am not.

Five more years and I'll get, 'looks great for her age." Except for people my age, who will still think I'm beautiful and sexy. I hope.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Sounds wonderful Sidda. Increased self-confidence, huh?
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda, you took the words right out of my mouth! Great description, great state of mind. BTW, my boyfriend thinks I'm sexier now than when he first met me twenty years ago. (I suppose I've learned a thing or two since then. Not all of them skin-care related...)
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Self-confidence, ease, composure, relaxedness, comfort, wisdom, humor, care-free air, good carriage... (maybe health...)

One can certainly mix "fat", "harmless" and "worn out" in with these. Same with having cares, sadness, wariness, vulnerabilities (look at Marilyn Munroe). There are countless ways to formulate an alluring perfume.

p.s. Don't wear shoes you can't walk in or that hurt your feet!!!! (you will look stupid and/or desperate!)

Someday I'll know how to make use of my own advice.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
does sexy mean the same thing as when someone says your are sensual Laughing ?? maybe i should open a new thread on this Very Happy

5% products discount

Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
My Husband!!!!!!!!!
Karen Very Happy
jeannie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Sidda, great description..which made me think again..good thread.
dleonard
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I think "sexy" is being self confidence, proud of your body and be yourself (natural). I've noticed that men and women are attractive to beautiful people that really puts out the "self confidence"....... Wink
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |