Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Esthers secret
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:36 am      Reply with quote
Bloody hell Shock Dont they make enough money out of us in England!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
I picked up my parcel today whoopie doo from the PO where they kindly kept it for me because customs ****** have decided every time I get a parcel from USA they will slap tax on it. Sad Sad Sad Any how I haven't used it yet because I have just finished a night shift. But when I wake up I'm going to have a shower and try out my new miracle masque. I am expecting wonderful things and will let you know when they occur. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Lori

Lori... I intended to e-mail you today and ask if you'd received it. Actually, before I left town for a couple of days, I e-mailed Guapagirl and asked her (had you two confused).
I'm e-mailing you "my special instructions" on applying the masque. I do read instructions, but as I use a product, I develop some of my own techniques, which I generally feel are at least better for me. Wink Maybe it's my control streak; just can't resist puttin in my two cents worth. Very Happy

When you get my instructions, you can read both and take what you like and leave the rest. Laughing
JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:34 am      Reply with quote
thanks judy. I did the one side of my face following the instructions enclosed. I really liked the feel of that side of my face it still feels tighter I cant really explain it but I like it so far am going to do whole face tonight.Just read email cheers again Judy I will follow your instructions and see how it goes.Thank you for taking the time it is appreciated. Very Happy
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
If you dont mind me asking, is it expensive??

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Gucci it was about $50 for mask and serum. There is enough to do several treatments and with the result I'm getting it seems cheap. I paid over £90 for an md formulations product that did not impress me at all. Smile
Lori
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Gucci it was about $50 for mask and serum. There is enough to do several treatments and with the result I'm getting it seems cheap. I paid over £90 for an md formulations product that did not impress me at all. Smile
Lori

The mask and serum set can be $53.94, I think it is. From that bottle of masque you should get 10 to 12 lifts and if you're doing 3 a week that would last a month. The serum is used morning and night and it lasts 1-2 months. With the serum, how long it will last depends on how much you apply, what areas of the face and neck you apply it to.

When I first started using the serum, I consistently used more than I really needed... just habit. Since it's a 10% Argireline serum, you want to apply it to the areas where lines are developing or have developed.

The serum soaks in really quickly. I wait about 5 min. and then apply moisturizer or night cream, but I find that I need about 1/2 the moisturizer that I used to.

The masque contains aloe barbadensis gel, Argireline, cucumber extract, grapeseed extract, echinacea extract, green tea extract, Acacia, Allantoin and Vitamins E, D3, and A

The serum contains all those ingredients plus hyaluronic acid and glucosaminoglycans.

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:38 am      Reply with quote
Ohhh thank you, right I'm definately going to purchase this today!

Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi gals,

May I know which website did you buy it from ? I am very tempted to try it too !! What's the difference between naomi system and esther's secret ? Please advise Both looks sort of similar..

Question
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
lynnhlt wrote:
Hi gals,

May I know which website did you buy it from ? I am very tempted to try it too !! What's the difference between naomi system and esther's secret ? Please advise Both looks sort ofsimilar..
Question

Actually Esthers Secret and Naomi are exactly the same. We market Naomi to spas and salons and it's marketed by the case. We market Esthers Secret to individuals who can order by the set or the individual product. We didn't want the spas to feel that we were in direct competition with them after they bought the product from us and it gives them the ability to say that this product is sold only through spas, etc.

If you are in the US, best way is to call my office 800/232-3689. If not, pm me and I'll send you a link to the site where you can order.

Well, I'm off to do my own masque now and luxuriate in quiteness and solitude for 25 minutes.

JUDY

Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Judy,

Thanks for clearing up my doubts !! I have sent you a pm..

Lynn
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Judy, have done 2nd full face now. I was so relaxed fell asleep for 3/4 of an hour. Then washed off and had a luverly long relaxing bath. My face feels great and between the mask and relax-a-line I'm seeing definite improvement although mostly from the eyes up. Mouth lines have softened and mouth to nose lines as well I think. But I think I need something more powerful for this area any ideas. Would a bit of patience help, because I only have a short supply. OOps nearly forget neck looking better too. You are a Superhero Judy. Very Happy
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Lori...

Did you buy the serum with the masque or just the masque? The serum is absolutely super and with the 10% Argireline, Hyaluronic acid, allantoin, and all the anti-oxidants, it works equally well on the mouth and lip area as it does on the eyes.

You may be seeing more at the eye area because the masque works so well in lifting that area and that in itself eases out wrinkles.

I do find the jowl, lip and jaw area just a bit slower to improve, but an interesting thing is that when I have the masque on and feel the pulsating from the isometric action, where I feel it most is in the area around my mouth and cheeks. Maybe because that area just needs more work. Laughing

I read something the other day about firming masques in general that really made sense.

"As the masque dries to a complete tight masque, the skin is stimulated and nourished by the increased surface circulation. As the masque tightens, it reduces the EXCESS FLUID in the face that can cause PUFFINESS and add to the appearance of lines. When the masque is removed, the skin appears much finer. Pores appear smaller, puffiness and fine lines are reduced and a tightening lift to the face is obvious."

Again, as we have used this masque on people at trade shows, 1/2 the face at a time, we can always see the brow lift first, but as you learn to truly observe, and in pictures you see more, you can see a definite contour to the jaw area.

If you have the time, you might want to do a 1/2 application again and now that you know what to look for in the jaw area, you may see better what I'm talking about. I found that as I observed more and more different faces (about 100 by now) that I know much more what to look for and how to stand back and look at the whole face to be able to see the difference between the before and the after.

An M.D. is doing the Miami show for spas and cruise line spas and I'm really anxious to hear what he has to say after that show. My business partner is going to do the show with the Dr. Poor Baby, she has to go to Miami Beach for about 5 days. How did I let that happen? hmm
JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi Judy, I got the masque and serum. My lip lines and nose to mouth are improving. The sensible part of me knows that it took me 42 years to get these lines so they are not going to disappear in a week. I am just not very good at the patience thing. Thanks for reply will try the half mask again I could see a difference in side of face I had done when I did half before. It looked slightly higher and firmer. The biggest difference was the way it felt. It felt tighter. Am I weird or what.LOL
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
I could see a difference in side of face I had done when I did half before. It looked slightly higher and firmer. The biggest difference was the way it felt. It felt tighter. Am I weird or what.LOL

Weird? You? Absolutely not! Anxious Heck, all of us want to feel tighter, firmer, softer and who knows what else! Very Happy

The only reason I suggest the 1/2 face again is, having used the masque for almost 5 months and knowing what all the ingredients do, even I forget how much improved I am and get impatient for more, better, greater! After all, we're women, we're entitled to be impatient Laughing That's also why I have taken pictures of myself along the way. That's where you can really tell a difference. In fact, my husband groans when he sees me coming with the camera... again! Bad Grin

I'll even admit in front of all of you that in the first month, I knew the product was working and I could see some improvements clearly, but I kept wanting more. Now, after 4 months, you couldn't take this product away from me... not without getting hurt anyway. Laughing

Just say this over and over to yourself Lori, "Patience is a virtue; patience is a virtue, patience.....

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue that I do not possess. Ahh well. I'll keep practicing. Thanks Judy
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue that I do not possess. Ahh well. I'll keep practicing. Thanks Judy

I'm sorry Lori Crying or Very sad That's OK, I like you just like you are. You keep things from getting too serious around here. Laughing

JUDY

5% products discount

Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the Esther's Secret masque and serum for 2 weeks and am very pleased. For me, the eye area was the most improved. This is one product I will use since it is so afforable and has the important ingredients that make it work.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:18 am      Reply with quote
I have used the ES Mask twice. It seems to work nicely with my AlphaDermaCE!!!

The first time I used it I did not notice any real difference. I used it again last night. Getting it on correctly was the secret. The mask made my facial contours look extra firm (in a nice way). When I woke up and washed my face and put on my makeup I still had a nice firm feel.

What I want to know is can you thin it a tad? I find that I am using a lot and want it to last at least a month.

I find that putting on the AD Prep before the mask helpful. After I took off the mask I reapplied the Prep and then put on ADCE. "NICE"

Very nice product Judy!!!!

Very satisfied so far with this mask. Will keep you posted.

Thanks Judy. You are very nice to deal with.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Winnie, so glad you like the masque!..Great is it...I had mine on today and my other half rang, I could hardly speak...he kept saying to me " what on earth is the matter with you" and "speak up".hahaha

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Judy, Do you think this mask compares at all to mixing egg white with cornstarch and applying to your skin? i'VE TRIED A SIMILAR PRODUCT A WHILE BACK AND THOSE WERE SOME OF THE INGREDIENTS!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
skinrg,

I am sure Judy will be replying to you soon. But, I think I can answer that question about egg white masks.

I have used a professional egg white mask in the past. It temporarily makes your skin feel firmer. Within approximately 5 hours the firming effect wears off.

Now, I used ES Mask 24 hours ago and it still feels tighter. Again, I have only used it twice. There is something very different about this mask. What? Let Judy do the explaining. All I care is "it delivers".

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
I have used the ES Mask twice. It seems to work nicely with my AlphaDermaCE!!!

The first time I used it I did not notice any real difference. I used it again last night. Getting it on correctly was the secret. The mask made my facial contours look extra firm (in a nice way). When I woke up and washed my face and put on my makeup I still had a nice firm feel.

What I want to know is can you thin it a tad? I find that I am using a lot and want it to last at least a month.

Thanks Judy. You are very nice to deal with.

I wouldn't thin it much because it can effect how well it lefts, but here are two things that one could try.

Pour out the amount of masque you are going to use into some small container and add just one or two pumps of the serum.

Since I know that you don't have the serum YET Winnie, you could thin it with just a little water. Naturally, as you would expect, I recommend water not treated with chemicals.

I have been out of town and was wondering if you had better results with your second application. I felt sure that you would. Yea!!

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Gucci wrote:
Hey Winnie, so glad you like the masque!..Great is it...I had mine on today and my other half rang, I could hardly speak...he kept saying to me " what on earth is the matter with you" and "speak up".hahaha

I am really laughing at that picture in my mind as I have had my "masque time" interrupted several times with phone calls. It's a hoot. What is really hard is when you have several women in the same room having their masque at the same time. You can't believe how hard it is to keep them from talking or laughing and when you tell them not to, here come attacks of the giggles!

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
The Esthers Secret masque does have zea mays, which is a natural form of cornstarch, but no egg whites. My understanding is that the Acacia which is a plant collagen is one of the ingredients that causes the masque to "firm".

Winnie's comments are good about the contrast between the amount of time that the two masques' lift lasted.

When my friend who is 40, did her first masque, the lift lasted 9 days.

On my first time (I'm 60), the lift lasted 3 days, then I did another test after using both the masque and serum consistently for two months and the lift lasted 5 days. I haven't tested again, but probably need to since I've now been using it for 6 months.

JUDY

5% products discount

Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Judy,
What does mixing a little serum to the mask do? Is this a new Idea
I've been using both the serum and the mask (Ester's Secret) and had great results. I don't recall anything about using some of the serum in the mask.
It helps greatly to use the serum after the mask and to use upward strokes. This seems to prolong the "lifted" look. Also, using the prep before the mask has been suggested. I've been doing that and it seems to improve the ease of getting the mask on evenly.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |